News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whats the story behind...

Started by Liverpool Street, December 20, 2013, 07:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

So I've had an argument with a gent over this.

What was the time when Centro disappeared and it was solely 'Network West Midlands'

anyone remember? He's saying that Centro never actually went but I disagree. Just struggling to find any dates... I'm thinking 2005ish but I'm sure someone on here knows it.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 20, 2013, 07:08:15 PM
So I've had an argument with a gent over this.

What was the time when Centro disappeared and it was solely 'Network West Midlands'

anyone remember? He's saying that Centro never actually went but I disagree. Just struggling to find any dates... I'm thinking 2005ish but I'm sure someone on here knows it.

I remember when I went to senior school in late 06 that network stickers were being applied to buses. It was a slow, painful relaunch which was meant to happen earlier and has been a failure as everyone I know still calls it centro...

Liverpool Street

Ha, exactly. The brand never really disappeared for good... its logo is stuck in concrete at Moor St station!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 20, 2013, 07:27:34 PM
Ha, exactly. The brand never really disappeared for good... its logo is stuck in concrete at Moor St station!

And you can still see WM logos in Dudley Bus Station... In fairness to centro, nBus is better known than busmaster was.

Stu

Centro never disappeared. Network West Midlands is a partnership between Centro, local authorities and transport operators, linking the various modes of transport together, and providing customers with information.

http://www.centro.org.uk/transport/network-west-midlands.aspx
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/home/AboutNWM.aspx

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on December 20, 2013, 07:48:56 PM
Centro never disappeared. Network West Midlands is a partnership between Centro, local authorities and transport operators, linking the various modes of transport together, and providing customers with information.

http://www.centro.org.uk/transport/network-west-midlands.aspx
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/home/AboutNWM.aspx

And 'Centro' is only a 'Trading Name' anyway it is still West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive

Liverpool Street

Looks like I owe someone a pint and an apology!

Thanks men,,
until it cought fire

Niall

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 20, 2013, 07:33:48 PM
And you can still see WM logos in Dudley Bus Station...

If you mean the ones along the glass of the bus station they've been covered up now with white strips.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

PM

Quote from: N94 on December 20, 2013, 09:25:21 PM

If you mean the ones along the glass of the bus station they've been covered up now with white strips.

You can still see them though...

andrew1991

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 21, 2013, 11:11:34 AM

They were covered up a few years ago with white strips with the 'n' logo on them, then this year when they 'refurbished' the station they were replaced with plain white strips.

PM

Quote from: Andrew on December 21, 2013, 11:18:24 AM

They were covered up a few years ago with white strips with the 'n' logo on them, then this year when they 'refurbished' the station they were replaced with plain white strips.

Precisely that Andrew. Can't help feeling that Dudley needs a new bus station...

andrew1991

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 21, 2013, 12:06:21 PM

They were covered up a few years ago with white strips with the 'n' logo on threm, then this year when they 'refurbished' the station they were replaced with plain white strips.

Precisely that Andrew. Can't help feeling that Dudley needs a new bus station...

I did mention this to them a couple months ago and their reply was 'Centro's Bus Station Manager for Dudley has confirmed that we are currently carrying out a feasibility study over the next 18 months and trying to secure funds to facilitate the redevelopment of this key interchange within the West Midlands region'

So it'll probably be a few years before anything is actually done.

Westy

Can they tidy up the Walsall Bus Station and Bradford Place signage  while they're at it?

Missing & broken signs & probably inaccurate ones too.

Bob

Pity they didnt refurbish the public toilets their the absolute worst ive ever been in and the stench. ...good god lol

Stu

Quote from: Andrew on December 21, 2013, 12:46:21 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 21, 2013, 12:06:21 PM

I did mention this to them a couple months ago and their reply was 'Centro's Bus Station Manager for Dudley has confirmed that we are currently carrying out a feasibility study over the next 18 months and trying to secure funds to facilitate the redevelopment of this key interchange within the West Midlands region'

So it'll probably be a few years before anything is actually done.

Weren't there proposals for a new shopping centre there, plans for which incorporated a new bus station?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk