News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Preserved Buses

Started by Dylan4579, December 14, 2013, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

I was quite disappointed to see this preserved Metrobus, POG 605Y, to be repainted in NX red & white livery. It should be left alone with the blue & silver livery and the logo of Travel West Midlands...

https://twitter.com/networkwm/status/517350631544483840

Ashley

Quote from: P419 EJW on January 23, 2015, 04:10:57 PM
I was quite disappointed to see this preserved Metrobus, POG 605Y, to be repainted in NX red & white livery. It should be left alone with the blue & silver livery and the logo of Travel West Midlands...

https://twitter.com/networkwm/status/517350631544483840

Its not preserved, its own by West Midlands Fire Service who wanted it to have a fresh lick of paint when they bought it

mranon

i thought it looked rather smart!!!! wonder what a metro would look like in the new livery lol

Ashley

Quote from: mranon on January 23, 2015, 08:42:52 PM
i thought it looked rather smart!!!! wonder what a metro would look like in the new livery lol

Just type B786AOC into Flickr, that's the closest you'll ever get and to be fair it would have looked smart if they'd done one in red/white

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on January 23, 2015, 08:46:35 PM
Quote from: mranon on January 23, 2015, 08:42:52 PM

Just type B786AOC into Flickr, that's the closest you'll ever get and to be fair it would have looked smart if they'd done one in red/white

Or better still, the real thing http://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/media/all-news/2013/the-bus-thats-been-at-the-same-stop-for-four-years/

Is this bus still missing it's running gear

Ronnoc

I remember going in that bus before it got repainted.

CL

On my way to Tesco this evening, I saw (what I think to be) a Leyland Atlantean, or Fleetline?

It was dark, but I made out the colours to be yellow and orange - At a first glance, I though it was that yellow 'music bus' -- but it wasn't. Any ideas of who it belongs to, where it was going, etc? Or has anybody seen it too?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: clayderman on January 31, 2015, 09:46:25 PM
On my way to Tesco this evening, I saw (what I think to be) a Leyland Atlantean, or Fleetline?

It was dark, but I made out the colours to be yellow and orange - At a first glance, I though it was that yellow 'music bus' -- but it wasn't. Any ideas of who it belongs to, where it was going, etc? Or has anybody seen it too?

There used to be a Fleetline painted in Yellow, can't remember if it had orange to. Was a sort of play bus, used to visit a pub up the road from me, if thats any help?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 31, 2015, 09:59:11 PM
Quote from: clayderman on January 31, 2015, 09:46:25 PM

There used to be a Fleetline painted in Yellow, can't remember if it had orange to. Was a sort of play bus, used to visit a pub up the road from me, if thats any help?

Well, it's definitely reassuring that someone else has a good idea of what I'm on about. But on second thoughts, it was dark, and I couldn't really see, so there might not have been orange...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

wmacb13

WMPTE 4041, XON41J seen on the Old Walsall Road travelling towards the Scott Arms at circa 11:45 this morning

Alan

Westy

Quote from: wmacb13 on April 18, 2015, 12:01:58 PM
WMPTE 4041, XON41J seen on the Old Walsall Road travelling towards the Scott Arms at circa 11:45 this morning

Alan

Aston Manor own this one dont they?

Getting a run out ready for tomorrow?

filbus1

Three of Wythalls finest BMMO LD8 4031 WMPTE VR 4413 and Travel West Midlands single deck Fleetline 1956 passed through Kings Heath earlier

wmacb13

Quote from: Westy on April 18, 2015, 12:46:33 PM
Aston Manor own this one dont they?

Getting a run out ready for tomorrow?

Just checked the Aston Manor site and yes, they do have a museum running day tomorrow  :)

John

I overtook 3009 (MOF 9) on the A34 underpass this morning heading out of City, and passed 3002 (LOG 2) on Mill Street, Sutton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk