News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

route terminus/turning circles in the midlands

Started by danny, May 08, 2012, 06:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

So today me and a friend caught the wrong 60 on the bristol rd and ended up at frankley terminus personally iv always found it intresting how buses terminate, does anyone have a paticular favorite terminus or no of an unusual one
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

MW

Quote from: danny on May 08, 2012, 06:56:35 PM
So today me and a friend caught the wrong 60 on the bristol rd and ended up at frankley terminus personally iv always found it intresting how buses terminate, does anyone have a paticular favorite terminus or no of an unusual one

I quite like the 50 terminus at Druids Heath.

danny

Ye their a good video on YouTube of 5 wmt metrobuses cramming onto the turning circle
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

I think the Longbridge, Sunbury Road, right by the train station is an interesting terminus. Are the turning circles put there deliberately for buses to fit through or is it just randomly

Justin Tyme

Quote from: 4504 on May 08, 2012, 10:17:23 PM
I think the Longbridge, Sunbury Road, right by the train station is an interesting terminus. Are the turning circles put there deliberately for buses to fit through or is it just randomly
I think the Sunbury Road terminus was purpose built.  If a turning circle looks like it was built for buses, it probably was.  Many termini (like Sunbury Road) date back to the days when the Corporation operated buses.

nx4737

I quite like the Pheasey terminus of the 33, because there's plenty of choice for continuing your journey.

Nathan4775

I quite like several terminus across birmingham such as
905 terminus in roughley
Pheasey Terminus
50 terminus
22/34 terminus  8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Abluhwleh

The Fordbridge Road terminus, purely for nostalgia value. I think it's just the 59 that stops there now...

D10

Blaze Park in Wall Heath always struck me as being one of a kind in that arae, as I always associated these purpose built turning places as being more closely associated with the old Corporations. Yet I have a Midland Red timetable from 1959 which shows buses terminating there on the 261.

The 255E journeys still terminate there today.

I first discovered this place as we turned and waited time there when I travelled in the mid 1990's on a Metrobus on the then 259 route, this was was one of those routes introduced between Wolverhampton and Dudley after Dudley And Hartshill garages closed down. This was as opposed to the 259 that ran between Stourbridge and Wall Heath between 2008-2010.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

The 205 also starts off-peak workings from Blaze Park to give the people of Wall Heath a direct link to Russell's Hall, Dudley and Blackheath, although as the route has now become so elongated the peak time workings just originate from Market Street as before to try and keep the service as reliable as possible.

Lukeee

The 28E journeys that terminate at Dyas road are interesting as the buses literally just turn around in the road.

John

Quote from: Lukeee on May 09, 2012, 09:14:03 PM
The 28E journeys that terminate at Dyas road are interesting as the buses literally just turn around in the road.

Yeah, the 60 also does that in Cranes Park, and the 16 as well.

On the 90 there's a turning circle just before you enter Water Orton but I don't think it's used

monkeyjoe

The 90 one is that not for the school journeys.

Rob H

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk