News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

route terminus/turning circles in the midlands

Started by danny, May 08, 2012, 06:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

D10

Quote from: thetruth on May 19, 2012, 08:24:41 PM
Suprised no-one has mentioned the one at Hamstead Road / Green Lane for the 16. Nothing remarkable about it but it exists.

Of course this would have been one of the old boundaries between West Brom and Birmingham Corporations and the the North/South Divisions wouldn't it?

I thought the 16 just did a complete u-turn and headed back to Birmingham

Suprised no-one has mentioned the one at Hamstead Road / Green Lane for the 16. Nothing remarkable about it but it exists.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: D10 on May 19, 2012, 11:40:20 PM

Of course this would have been one of the old boundaries between West Brom and Birmingham Corporations and the the North/South Divisions wouldn't it?

Well, Birmingham Corporation's 16 Hamstead terminus was the turning circle in Hamstead Village on Hamstead Road - this still is the city boundary.  Green Lane was the terminus for West Bromwich Corporation 6, later WMPTE 406, which used to run West Brom - Hamstead via Scott Arms.  It was only in the early 1980s (over 10 years after WMPTE was formed) that the 16 was extended to Green Lane.

danny

For anyone whose intrested I've been cranes park today and recorded two videos one president one trident terminating, one had to recerse, one got round in one, what do we think, as soon as I upload them ill post link

Do you have a youtube channel we could look on instead?

Quote from: danny on May 22, 2012, 05:11:03 PM
For anyone whose intrested I've been cranes park today and recorded two videos one president one trident terminating, one had to recerse, one got round in one, what do we think, as soon as I upload them ill post link

danny

danny

Thankyou I'm hoping to do some more the weekend

Badger

Terminus for the 6 (Wolverhampton to Wobaston).

Nothing special, until you realise buses approach from the North to turn around. It was built for an entirely different withdrawn service (698). Kinda fun seeing the buses turn around here, they never get it right; impossible to actually line up with the stop.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

j_rp_wright

I've spent many hours Of my life in lay over in that loop on the 698! Lol. The old loop on the otherside would have been better for today's operation.

j_rp_wright

Codsalls 5, 5A old 535 has a purpose built turning circle built in the 70s before this buses carried on further down the road and reversed into Moatbrook Avenue.

j_rp_wright

Quote from: Badger on May 29, 2012, 01:42:08 PM
Terminus for the 6 (Wolverhampton to Wobaston).

Nothing special, until you realise buses approach from the North to turn around. It was built for an entirely different withdrawn service (698). Kinda fun seeing the buses turn around here, they never get it right; impossible to actually line up with the stop.

What's funny is the old turning point on vine island for the number 6 was originally the turning point for the number 3 trolley bus service to Bushbury Hill, via Town centre!

settlerman

Liked the 18 turning circle that used to be at the top of Holloway. Squeeze 3 buses in.

settlerman

BCT used the turning circle in Brandwood Park Road. I think the service ran between Brandwood and Kings Heath. I thought it was numbered 27, but the 27 has always run through Bournville and used different termini over the years or have I got it wrong?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk