News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

route terminus/turning circles in the midlands

Started by danny, May 08, 2012, 06:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

Was the Mossley a trolly turn around point as it looks like it (301)?

D10

Quote from: Discodave on August 19, 2012, 07:16:26 PM
Was the Mossley a trolly turn around point as it looks like it (301)?

Yes, the one by the Eagle pub was built for the trolleybuses.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: settlerman on August 19, 2012, 05:07:34 PM
BCT used the turning circle in Brandwood Park Road. I think the service ran between Brandwood and Kings Heath. I thought it was numbered 27, but the 27 has always run through Bournville and used different termini over the years or have I got it wrong?

This was actually the 35, which ran Kings Heath - Brandwood Park Road until WMPTE dramatically (and belatedly) extended it both ways!

The 27 ran Kings Heath - West Heath until WM Travel extended it to Hawkesley and beyond.  It did serve the Brandwood area for a while in the 1990s.

vinh1000

I prefer the 46 Terminus as there is so much choice there :D
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Nathan4775

I traveled on the 35 a few days ago to Hawksley on a Enviro400 and I quite like that terminus. Its a quite area and a park on the left and grass on the right so calm and peacful ;D 8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Wumpty

Tony will recognise most of these "track" route termini:

Mossley, The Eagle - 301 and ex-Choice 171/WMT 370&371
Blakenall Church - 29

If memory serves me, there used to be a terminus at Beechdale around Cavendish Road for the trolleybuses.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

JPC

Numerous examples in Coventry

-Norman Place Road, Coundon
-Browns Lane, Brownshill Green
-Goodman Way, Tanyard Farm
-Roseberry Avenue, Bell Green
-Jardine Crescent, Tile Hill North
-Station Avenue, Tile Hill South
-Winsford Avenue, Allesley Park
-Parkhill Drive, Allesley
-Broad Lane, Eastern Green (set to be replaced with a roundabout)
-Nunts Lane, Whitmore Park
-Ringwood Highway, Potters Green
-Oban Road, Longford
-Anderton Road, Victoria Farm
-Grayswood Avenue, Chapelfields (just a wide junction)
-Kingsbury Road, Coundon (just a wide junction)
-Canley Road, Canley Rail Station (flag is now marked rail replacement buses)
-Fenside Avenue, Stivichall (disused)
-Langbank Avenue, Ernesford Grange (disused)
-Droylsdon Park Road, Green Lane (disused)
-Almond Tree Avenue, Hall Green (disused)

Kynner Way, Binley is possibly one in the future at the under construction Warwickshire Shopping Park

JB93

I quite like the  Tile Cross terminus, it's only used by the 17 now but it used to be used by the 14 before it was extended. It had a brief period where nothing terminated there too, which was a waste to be honest. Another good one is the 56/59 terminus on Fordbridge Road, the 97 terminus on Coleshill Heath Road and the Hamstead Village terminus that the 651 and 654 use :)

Westy

Did there used to be a trolleybus turnround at Green Lane / Bloxwich Rd junction in Leamore?

That's a nice wide road.

sonic84

I quite like where the operators plan a one way loop at the terminus to get the bus heading back in the right direction. 

I'm not sure if Hansons driver do it on their 004, but I know Ludlows did it on theirs in Harborne.  I think the official terminus was on Somerset Road, but I never saw a bus go that far, presumably as everyone got off at the High Street. 

The drivers would come down High Street, the turn right onto York Street, then left on to Greenfields Road and Metchley Lane, before rejoining High Street at the traffic lights to head back towards Merry Hill.

There was also a one way loop on the 007 route in Redditch.  As Ludlows didn't use the bus station there was quite a long one way system from Batchley along Windsor Road, Millrace Road, Meadows Hill, Easemore Road and Church Green West to get to the terminus on Unicorn Hill.

Kevin

The current 28/46 terminus at Scott Arms has always been a bit awkward (people parking in the way)

The one I find weird is the one that's cropped up recently on the 934, heads round the back of Asda Queslett rd along effectively a service road and stops randomly along the edge of the car park.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk