News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

26th January Changes

Started by notepanel, December 05, 2013, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Looking at the NWM site it's interesting that the 41 will now be operated by 3 operators - NXWM Mon-Sat daytimes, Arriva Mon-Sun evenings & WMSNT on Sunday daytimes!

In addition, whilst a 30 minute combined Evening frequency has been maintained (Mon-Sat) and a 25-35 on a Sunday daytime from Walsall, into Walsall most evening commercial 40 journeys are operating just 5 minutes behind the subsidised 41 service from Stroud Ave into Walsall. On a Sunday daytime there is a 10 minute gap between the two.

the trainbasher

Quote from: notepanel on January 19, 2014, 10:58:37 AM
Looking at the NWM site it's interesting that the 41 will now be operated by 3 operators - NXWM Mon-Sat daytimes, Arriva Mon-Sun evenings & WMSNT on Sunday daytimes!

In addition, whilst a 30 minute combined Evening frequency has been maintained (Mon-Sat) and a 25-35 on a Sunday daytime from Walsall, into Walsall most evening commercial 40 journeys are operating just 5 minutes behind the subsidised 41 service from Stroud Ave into Walsall. On a Sunday daytime there is a 10 minute gap between the two.

Think that's bad...the X96 at one stage had 4 operators - NXWM (M-S daytimes), Hansons (1 evening trip ex Dudley to MH), Diamond (Sundays) and Midland (M-S Evenings).

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 19, 2014, 11:53:08 AM

Think that's bad...the X96 at one stage had 4 operators - NXWM (M-S daytimes), Hansons (1 evening trip ex Dudley to MH), Diamond (Sundays) and Midland (M-S Evenings).

89 too, NXWM (Monday-Saturday daytimes), Central Logistics and Redwing (Monday-Friday off peak, Birmingham to Manor Road, Post Office), Central Connect (evenings and Sundays)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

bususer12

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 19, 2014, 11:53:08 AM

Then there was that odd stage when Midland and D&G dupicated jorneys on the 297B and X96.

Steveminor

What about the 71, there are 4 operators now, diamond on evenings & NX, claribels & sunny travel during the day. At one stage we even had VIP on Sundays making that 5 operators on one route. Now that's gotta be a record.

Westy

Did NX put a tender in for the 41?

On the 89, the leaflet indicates that the evening journeys are subsidised.

Is that the entire route or just a section?

Trident 4609

The last few journeys on the 89 have been subsidised since late October I think

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on January 20, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

Yes but which section? Wolves to Bloxwich or Bloxwich to Walsall!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on January 20, 2014, 05:38:05 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 20, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

Yes but which section? Wolves to Bloxwich or Bloxwich to Walsall!

I believe its the Bloxwich to Wolverhampton section

Trident 4609

There has been an exhibition in Wolves Bus Station this afternoon about the changes. It states in the leaflet that new bus stops are being put in place along the 59 route, which although a lot have already been replaced, seems to have already taken effect with the existing bus stops along the route that new replacing have started to have new shelters installed.

It appears the Walsall Community Transport (Will pass to Arriva next Week)  65 service (Wolverhmpton-Wood-End) will have longer operating hours now its extending to
Fordhouses.

The 62/A will be allocated B6' still with the B6's having transponders fitted to activate the bus lane at Perton. These will come from some B7's that already have them fitted

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on January 21, 2014, 07:09:51 PM
There has been an exhibition in Wolves Bus Station this afternoon about the changes. It states in the leaflet that new bus stops are being put in place along the 59 route, which although a lot have already been replaced, seems to have already taken effect with the existing bus stops along the route that new replacing have started to have new shelters installed.

It appears the Walsall Community Transport (Will pass to Arriva next Week)  65 service (Wolverhmpton-Wood-End) will have longer operating hours now its extending to
Fordhouses.

The 62/A will be allocated B6' still with the B6's having transponders fitted to activate the bus lane at Perton. These will come from some B7's that already have them fitted

Nathan, are all the WN B7s fitted with Transponders or only a few?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

I don't know the fleetnumbrs stu but i have been told 20 of them are fitted with Transponders so some of those will have there's taken off and fitted to some B6's :)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on January 21, 2014, 07:19:00 PM
I don't know the fleetnumbrs stu but i have been told 20 of them are fitted with Transponders so some of those will have there's taken off and fitted to some B6's :)

Thanks Nathan  :)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 21, 2014, 07:25:31 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 21, 2014, 07:19:00 PM

Thanks Nathan  :)

Not to worry :) It appears the 62A will not serve Compton Square any or and will go straight to Perton.

SMK

I've heard there will be a few changes to which stand certain routes will depart from within Wolves Bus Station.
Does anyone know the details?
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk