News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM new vehicles for 2014

Started by filbus1, November 27, 2013, 09:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on November 28, 2013, 11:02:24 AM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 28, 2013, 10:38:46 AM
I can't help feeling that in 30 years or so, the Enviro400 to enthusiasts will be like the Metrobus is now, it is clear that in the next few years Birmingham is going to become swarming with them. Then, when the last ones are being withdrawn in however many years, they will be like the Metrobus is now, with people remembering how "they used to be everywhere" in my day

I can't see any of the current double decker fleet seeing as many years service as the Metrobuses did (admittedly they were extensively re-built), the Hybrids may see longer service due to their higher initial cost

The new Enviros should actually considerably outlive the Hybrids, for mechanical reasons which I don't fully understand, particularly the B5 if I remember rightly

trident4370

Quote from: BU07 LGO on November 28, 2013, 01:36:04 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 28, 2013, 11:37:50 AM
Quote from: Sh4166 on November 28, 2013, 11:34:47 AM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on November 28, 2013, 11:28:54 AM
The Tridents are the new metrobus to me

Agreed, love the Tridents, will be gutted when they are withdrawn, they're used all over England

Couldn't agree more Shaun :) Tridents are my favourite type of bus. Tbh Tridents have a few years yet before they are withdrawn with Presidents and Spectras still to be withdrawn

Me too, my favourite bus type they just seem so solid compared to anything else and used on loads of routes!

I second this, although the voith tridents are superior :P I actually am really starting to like the BU04s at Wolves.

I'd love to see some more voith deckers in the fleet tbh, maybe 2014 will be voiths year :D I'll bet some more E200 will arrive at some point as there are still a few midibuses that need replacing.

nitromatt1

I doubt there'll be any Voith deckers, NX haven't taken delivery of any for nearly 10 years

The BU04 Tridents are my favourite batch, and I wouldn't be surprised if 4575 is the fastest Trident in the whole NXWM fleet (of Voith and ZF)

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 28, 2013, 04:42:11 PM
I doubt there'll be any Voith deckers, NX haven't taken delivery of any for nearly 10 years

The BU04 Tridents are my favourite batch, and I wouldn't be surprised if 4575 is the fastest Trident in the whole NXWM fleet (of Voith and ZF)

Actually i need a ride on 4575 again to see how it performs as i haven't rode it in ages.

Anyway going back to the topic, I wonder where the next batches of E400's will be allocated to. If there is 40 due (As quoted either earlier on in this thread or another thread) i would hazard a guess some would be for BC for Pershore Rd but i wonder where some others will go as i can't see BC gaining all of the next batch of E400's.

I can see then more tridents transferring to PN to withdraw more Mercs

nitromatt1

What is all the hype about the BR getting an upgrade? It's nothing more than a rumour. Isn't it?

RW

Please no more E400's. NXWM. will have one of the most boring fleets out unless a manufacturer comes up with a new vehicle suitable for the West MIds.

the trainbasher

Couldn't they get some of them E200 lookalikes

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

In my opinion, the main areas for investment are:
BC (Double decks)
WB (Single and double decks)
WA (Midi-bus)
Alas, the only way I can see WB getting singles is through cascades
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

uniquicity

Quote from: Sh4166 on November 28, 2013, 06:54:06 PM
In my opinion, the main areas for investment are:
BC (Double decks)
WB (Single and double decks)
WA (Midi-bus)
Alas, the only way I can see WB getting singles is through cascades

Yep, any newer full size single decks will be cascades. The 20 vehicles for WB in a £3 million investment next year (around £150k each) would indicate midibuses

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 28, 2013, 04:56:37 PM
What is all the hype about the BR getting an upgrade? It's nothing more than a rumour. Isn't it?

Pershore Road. February.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 28, 2013, 08:01:59 PM

Pershore Road. February.

I meant PR sorry. Has there been confirmation yet? I must've missed it?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 28, 2013, 09:00:37 PM

Pershore Road. February.

I think it'll be concrete once they finally produce documents reference the South Brum Consult.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 28, 2013, 09:14:49 PM

Pershore Road. February.

I think it'll be concrete once they finally produce documents reference the South Brum Consult.

When they decide to do something...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 28, 2013, 09:24:24 PM

Pershore Road. February.

Well the 45 will be going to Cofton Hackett via Bristol Rd Sth, Lickey Lane and Lowhill Ln, to serve the new housing 'state which is being built on good old factory land. No doubt its going to be favouring the increasing influx of ... but also to serve the ENTRANCE to new Sainsburys and damn awful Longbridge.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 28, 2013, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 28, 2013, 09:24:24 PM

Pershore Road. February.

Well the 45 will be going to Cofton Hackett via Bristol Rd Sth, Lickey Lane and Lowhill Ln, to serve the new housing 'state which is being built on good old factory land. No doubt its going to be favouring the increasing influx of ... but also to serve the ENTRANCE to new Sainsburys and damn awful Longbridge.

The South B'ham review revised registrations should start appearing on VOSA from late Dec/early Jan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk