News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM new vehicles for 2014

Started by filbus1, November 27, 2013, 09:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filbus1

Does anyone know what NXWMs new vehicle plans are for 2014, cheers

JackC

With a bit of luck, some new full size single deckers for WB  ::)

Stu

With all true honesty, no-one here truly knows the answer to this question, apart from NX management.

All that can be said which is true, is that a certain number of new vehicles will be purchased for entry into service sometime in 2014.  ;)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

30 new Enviros are due for early next year (unsure of which garage)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

The rumour floating around a while back was that the Pershore Road was getting upgraded with new buses

winston

It was posted on here a week or two ago that there is a new NXWM fleetlist in the Ian Allen Bookshop, B'ham correct to end of Oct 2013. In it it stated fleetnumbers 4940-4979 would be taken by new E400's implying there are 40 due in the first part of 2014

Gareth

Does anyone remember the NXWM fleet list from Ian Allan maybe 4years ago? Someone was having April fools fun the day it was printed. After the then current batch of Enviro400's there was an entry for fleetnumber 5001, reg number 1 APR. An Enviro500!

nitromatt1

I can't help feeling that in 30 years or so, the Enviro400 to enthusiasts will be like the Metrobus is now, it is clear that in the next few years Birmingham is going to become swarming with them. Then, when the last ones are being withdrawn in however many years, they will be like the Metrobus is now, with people remembering how "they used to be everywhere" in my day

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 28, 2013, 10:38:46 AM
I can't help feeling that in 30 years or so, the Enviro400 to enthusiasts will be like the Metrobus is now, it is clear that in the next few years Birmingham is going to become swarming with them. Then, when the last ones are being withdrawn in however many years, they will be like the Metrobus is now, with people remembering how "they used to be everywhere" in my day

I can't see any of the current double decker fleet seeing as many years service as the Metrobuses did (admittedly they were extensively re-built), the Hybrids may see longer service due to their higher initial cost

BU07 LGO

The Tridents are the new metrobus to me

Sh4318

Quote from: BU07 LGO on November 28, 2013, 11:28:54 AM

Agreed, love the Tridents, will be gutted when they are withdrawn, they're used all over England
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4609

Quote from: Sh4166 on November 28, 2013, 11:34:47 AM

Agreed, love the Tridents, will be gutted when they are withdrawn, they're used all over England

Couldn't agree more Shaun :) Tridents are my favourite type of bus. Tbh Tridents have a few years yet before they are withdrawn with Presidents and Spectras still to be withdrawn

John

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 28, 2013, 10:38:46 AM

You should see Manchester then Matt! Enviro400s everywhere, hybrids, ADL and Scania versions, from Stagecoach and ex Olympic ones with First

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 28, 2013, 11:37:50 AM
Quote from: Sh4166 on November 28, 2013, 11:34:47 AM

Couldn't agree more Shaun :) Tridents are my favourite type of bus. Tbh Tridents have a few years yet before they are withdrawn with Presidents and Spectras still to be withdrawn

Me too, my favourite bus type they just seem so solid compared to anything else and used on loads of routes!

Gareth

I. Don't think the E400 will be a new 'Metrobus' not because I don't like them, or because they are modern, it's just that the Metrobus was pretty much a Birmingham/West Midlands bus, although obviously there were other fleets with large numbers. The E400 is everywhere. Apart from the NBFL there is no local identity to any bus anymore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk