News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

why has perry bus depot got the new enviro buses when wolverhamptons to have som

Started by STEVEN 33, November 25, 2013, 11:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEVEN 33

why has perry barr bus depot got new enviros at the depot when they got enough buses so what is leaveing the depot and what is the spectras been replaced with when they should have new double deckers at wolverhampton

nitromatt1

Quote from: STEVEN 33 on November 25, 2013, 11:25:59 AM
why has perry barr bus depot got new enviros at the depot when they got enough buses so what is leaveing the depot and what is the spectras been replaced with when they should have new double deckers at wolverhampton

Perry Barr's new Enviros have displaced the Toothpaste Enviros (4718-4732) allowing them to move to Yardley Wood garage. This has in turn displaced several deckers at Yardley Wood to move to Pensnett, Birmingham Central and Acocks Green garages.

Wolverhampton garage received 21 double decker hybrid buses in Spring this year, replacing their older Tridents which moved to Birmingham Central and Yardley Wood (and 4135 went to Pensnett). 19 out of 22 Spectras are still in service, with only 4003 and 4007 withdrawn recently (along with the long gone 4014). There are no public plans for withdrawal of the Spectra fleet in the forseeable future.

Hope this answers your question?

lynx1103

Wolverhampton have had there fair share if buses with 60 new B7RLe in 2012

don

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 25, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

Perry Barr's new Enviros have displaced the Toothpaste Enviros (4718-4732) allowing them to move to Yardley Wood garage. This has in turn displaced several deckers at Yardley Wood to move to Pensnett, Birmingham Central and Acocks Green garages.

Wolverhampton garage received 21 double decker hybrid buses in Spring this year, replacing their older Tridents which moved to Birmingham Central and Yardley Wood (and 4135 went to Pensnett). 19 out of 22 Spectras are still in service, with only 4003 and 4007 withdrawn recently (along with the long gone 4014). There are no public plans for withdrawal of the Spectra fleet in the forseeable future.

The vehicles transferred to Pensnett have replaced Mercs which have been withdrawn.

Once the 175 odd elderly Mercs, B6LE, B10L, Darts and Solos have been replaced then the oldest vehicles will be Spectras and B7TL Presidents so presumably these will commence withdrawal at that stage in quantity rather than odd ones and twos.

It also is notable that by having around 70 nearly new buses and 75 mid 2000s Tridents, wolverhampton end up with around 70 of the oldest buses in the fleet (B6, Merc, Spectra) to have an average fleet age comparable with other garages. Presumably they will have some more new or cascaded vehicles in due course?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on November 25, 2013, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 25, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

The vehicles transferred to Pensnett have replaced Mercs which have been withdrawn.

Once the 175 odd elderly Mercs, B6LE, B10L, Darts and Solos have been replaced then the oldest vehicles will be Spectras and B7TL Presidents so presumably these will commence withdrawal at that stage in quantity rather than odd ones and twos.

It also is notable that by having around 70 nearly new buses and 75 mid 2000s Tridents, wolverhampton end up with around 70 of the oldest buses in the fleet (B6, Merc, Spectra) to have an average fleet age comparable with other garages. Presumably they will have some more new or cascaded vehicles in due course?

WN may get some further smaller quantities of new buses, possibly E200's to replace the last B6LE? There is always the chance the 126 could be upgraded with new deckers, but I doubt WN will see the quantities of new vehicles that they seen over the past two years

Trident 4609

The Spectras are supposed to be hete until 2016 although with the amount of new buses being delivered i would say the Spectras could be gone by next year with BC having new buses for Pershore Rd and Tridents being cascaded to WN

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 25, 2013, 06:29:18 PM
The Spectras are supposed to be hete until 2016 although with the amount of new buses being delivered i would say the Spectras could be gone by next year with BC having new buses for Pershore Rd and Tridents being cascaded to WN

I very much doubt Central's Tridents will end up at Wolverhampton any time soon.

The Spectras won't be withdrawn next year as there are well over 100 Mercs, plus B10Ls, B6LEs, Darts and Solos which will be withdrawn first. This will take more than a year.

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 25, 2013, 06:36:07 PM

I very much doubt Central's Tridents will end up at Wolverhampton any time soon.

The Spectras won't be withdrawn next year as there are well over 100 Mercs, plus B10Ls, B6LEs, Darts and Solos which will be withdrawn first. This will take more than a year.

There are 181 in total of those types, in addition there are also the 8 x Dart/ALX200's at WB. Some more of those will be withdrawn as a result of the PB E400's entering service & resulting cascades. That then leaves 274 further new buses still due out of the total of 300, which is roughly the 130 per year we've seen previously

I expect odd Spectra's could go over the next year due to major unit failures or accident damage

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on November 25, 2013, 07:32:05 PM

There are 181 in total of those types, in addition there are also the 8 x Dart/ALX200's at WB. Some more of those will be withdrawn as a result of the PB E400's entering service & resulting cascades. That then leaves 274 further new buses still due out of the total of 300, which is roughly the 130 per year we've seen previously

I expect odd Spectra's could go over the next year due to major unit failures or accident damage

Yeah, I did include the Darts in that list. These buses are aging and the occasional "fatality" is to be expected. So judging from that, it may be more like 1.5 to 2 years before remaining Spectras are withdrawn.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 25, 2013, 07:38:37 PM

Yeah, I did include the Darts in that list. These buses are aging and the occasional "fatality" is to be expected. So judging from that, it may be more like 1.5 to 2 years before remaining Spectras are withdrawn.

Personally i think some Spectra's will last till 2015, but i expect a few to "bite the dust" between then  & now, especailly as spare parts become more and more scarce. Plus National Express may put a financial limit on how much they are willing to spend on repairs to them.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Also to throw in to the mix is that not all of the new buses might be for fleet replacement. Service enhancements (Gold Corridors) / new routes & network reviews (South B'ham & Solihull + any others due) could all add to the overall fleet total over the next couple of years as NX want to grow all group businesses

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 25, 2013, 07:43:19 PM

Personally i think some Spectra's will last till 2015, but i expect a few to "bite the dust" between then  & now, especailly as spare parts become more and more scarce. Plus National Express may put a financial limit on how much they are willing to spend on repairs to them.

I think the corpses of 4003 and 4007 will be able to support the active fleet for the next year or so, unless another suffers structural damage to the extent of 4003 or 4007's. On the whole though, I expect we'll see out the whole of 2014 with them in service, and possibly up to Summer 2015.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stu on November 25, 2013, 08:01:25 PM
Surely some Presidents could be used to withdraw Spectras?  ;) ::)

Trust me i would rather keep the Spectras! ;)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on November 25, 2013, 08:01:25 PM
Surely some Presidents could be used to withdraw Spectras?  ;) ::)

personally i think the priority will be to get rid of the B6s & Mercs first, perhaps NE will order a number of E200s for WA & WN to get see off the B6s & B10s, then maybe some cascading of DDs for the Mercs.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk