News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 14, 2014, 08:07:06 PM
Most likely it is cadets over crusaders as diamond have no withdrawn crusaders in black livery just a few red diamond ones. Withdrawn black diamond darts probably include T445EBD and cadets are YJ51EKA and YD02PZL. I can understand darts being there for spares but not sb120s. All of these are from TE which makes you wonder why there is being cleared out? Is KR the new place to store withdrawn vehicles?

Hmmm you could be right there mate but the thing is KR isn't at all big enough for that and if they do keep bringing dead buses down here before long they will need to relocate...

PM

Quote from: Will on April 14, 2014, 08:13:02 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on April 14, 2014, 08:07:06 PM
Most likely it is cadets over crusaders as diamond have no withdrawn crusaders in black livery just a few red diamond ones. Withdrawn black diamond darts probably include T445EBD and cadets are YJ51EKA and YD02PZL. I can understand darts being there for spares but not sb120s. All of these are from TE which makes you wonder why there is being cleared out? Is KR the new place to store withdrawn vehicles?

Hmmm you could be right there mate but the thing is KR isn't at all big enough for that and if they do keep bringing dead buses down here before long they will need to relocate...

KR was built for 50+ vehicles so with the current allocation in the low twenties plus 10/15 withdrawn vehicles-it shouldn't be a problem.

StourportSam

In my view there is ample room at Kidderminster for even more buses.

jc

When under First it was used as a 'dumping ground' for withdrawn and stored stock

StourportSam

I have come to the conclusion that W904 JNF is not what it claims to be. In all photos I can find of this bus it has blue plastic mouldings, yellow handrails, black seats with dips in the middle and dark blue seat trims. However, when I went on it today, It has a standard Stagecoach interior. Grey plastic, red floor, stagecoach trim on grey seats, red handrails...? Why would this be?

I can only think a donor body of a withdrawn stagecoach ALX200 has been used on the chassis of W904 JNF or it is in fact a completely different bus!

It looks EXACTLY like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/8039817168/

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on April 16, 2014, 10:48:35 PM
I have come to the conclusion that W904 JNF is not what it claims to be. In all photos I can find of this bus it has blue plastic mouldings, yellow handrails, black seats with dips in the middle and dark blue seat trims. However, when I went on it today, It has a standard Stagecoach interior. Grey plastic, red floor, stagecoach trim on grey seats, red handrails...? Why would this be?

I can only think a donor body of a withdrawn stagecoach ALX200 has been used on the chassis of W904 JNF or it is in fact a completely different bus!

It looks EXACTLY like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/8039817168/

Haha well maybe your right mate or an alternative to that maybe they have put W904 JNF registration plates onto a different vehicle albeit the same model etc but I'm not entirely sure that's legal but hey ho..

winston

Quote from: Will on April 17, 2014, 10:13:18 AM
Quote from: StourportSam on April 16, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

Haha well maybe your right mate or an alternative to that maybe they have put W904 JNF registration plates onto a different vehicle albeit the same model etc but I'm not entirely sure that's legal but hey ho..

They wouldn't have transplanted another ALX200 body on to W904JNF's chassis, that would be a complete re-build.

Long Acre do have former Stagecoach London 20274 Y274FJN still in service

If you look at NXWMbusfan1999's video (6 mins 52 secs it shows its interior which is still Stagecoach but with re-trimmed seats)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiE__EW_HrY&list=UUfwK39dNXEax93A9A-7HQvw

iamwilljh92

Has everything gone quiet as there hasn't been any updates on here since the 17th I haven't been in Kidder for a week so I was expecting to be kept "updated" with movements but nothing :'( ....

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on April 21, 2014, 05:56:19 PM
Has everything gone quiet as there hasn't been any updates on here since the 17th I haven't been in Kidder for a week so I was expecting to be kept "updated" with movements but nothing :'( ....

Sorry, didn't realise I was under an obligation to provide updates!

And no, there have been no changes of note this week. VX54 MUC and VX54 MUO seem to have disappeared (one at least is inside the garage) but I couldn't be sure so didn't post.

I am still planning to identify the additional scrap buses when I have the spare time.

Presumably the lack of movements, which have been very frequent of late, is due to Easter.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on April 21, 2014, 06:06:36 PM
Quote from: Will on April 21, 2014, 05:56:19 PM

Sorry, didn't realise I was under an obligation to provide updates!

And no, there have been no changes of note this week. VX54 MUC and VX54 MUO seem to have disappeared (one at least is inside the garage) but I couldn't be sure so didn't post.

I am still planning to identify the additional scrap buses when I have the spare time.

Presumably the lack of movements, which have been very frequent of late, is due to Easter.

I wasn't finger pointing Sam :P I was just saying this page is usually a hive of information but it's been quiet for a few days

StourportSam

Kidderminster Update

S405 JUA in service on the 10 in Kidderminster today.

A large number of the old First Midland Red bus stop flags in Kidderminster, Stourport and Areley Kings have been replaced in the past week with standard Worcestershire County Council ones.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on April 22, 2014, 04:52:49 PM
Kidderminster Update

A large number of the old First Midland Red bus stop flags in Kidderminster, Stourport and Areley Kings have been replaced in the past week with standard Worcestershire County Council ones.

That is the best news EVER Sam you have made my day  :D

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on April 22, 2014, 07:06:00 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on April 22, 2014, 04:52:49 PM
Kidderminster Update

That is the best news EVER Sam you have made my day  :D

See, a week of no updates and then a really good one comes along! :)

StourportSam

Kidderminster Update

VX54 MUO has been repainted, seen gleaming in the rain at Kidderminster depot today.

There are three further scrap/VOR/spares buses since my last report.
They are 30378 S378 TMB (Still in full Wessex Connect livery) and two Black Diamond buses with Wright bodywork.
One is unidentifiable and the other has number 30201 on it, which doesn't make sense for a 55 plate to be withdrawn?

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on April 23, 2014, 06:07:16 PM
Kidderminster Update

VX54 MUO has been repainted, seen gleaming in the rain at Kidderminster depot today.

There are three further scrap/VOR/spares buses since my last report.
They are 30378 S378 TMB (Still in full Wessex Connect livery) and two Black Diamond buses with Wright bodywork.
One is unidentifiable and the other has number 30201 on it, which doesn't make sense for a 55 plate to be withdrawn?

Sam,

It could well be the original 30201 YJ51EKA, not sure if that has yet to be scrapped or not.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk