News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Dunno what was up with the Hagley Road this morning. Seemed worse than normal; normally not one to complain, but the 0805 9, 0806 140 and so on did not show until 8:15, or thereabouts. When they did show, 611* came into Colmore Row 'Not in Service', with 6112 following displaying 9E to Quinton Church.

Going along the Hagley Road outbound, the inbound direction was absolutely hammered.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4194

Quote from: CL on February 27, 2018, 09:59:12 AM
Dunno what was up with the Hagley Road this morning. Seemed worse than normal; normally not one to complain, but the 0805 9, 0806 140 and so on did not show until 8:15, or thereabouts. When they did show, 611* came into Colmore Row 'Not in Service', with 6112 following displaying 9E to Quinton Church.

Going along the Hagley Road outbound, the inbound direction was absolutely hammered.

I've just checked the tracker and it looks like I'll have the choice of 6 9s in the space of 6 mins. Can't wait to be told to get on the packed one again

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 27, 2018, 10:02:26 AM
I've just checked the tracker and it looks like I'll have the choice of 6 9s in the space of 6 mins. Can't wait to be told to get on the packed one again

You mean the one with only 35 spare seats like last time

Trident 4194

Is there really a 45 min gap In the service of the 9? Going from halesowen to Stourbridge

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 01, 2018, 09:46:09 AM
Is there really a 45 min gap In the service of the 9? Going from halesowen to Stourbridge

If you're in Halesowen you might no why, It is taking around 50 minutes to get from Colley Gate into Halesowen towards Birmingham.

There won't actually be a 45 minute wait as control are turning odd vehicles at Bearwood to fill the gap

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 01, 2018, 09:57:37 AM
If you're in Halesowen you might no why, It is taking around 50 minutes to get from Colley Gate into Halesowen towards Birmingham.

There won't actually be a 45 minute wait as control are turning odd vehicles at Bearwood to fill the gap

I'll have a look in 10 mins, I'll let you know more

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 01, 2018, 09:57:37 AM

You did a good job with the 9s today. Very well done. Despite the very heavy loadings experienced on 3301- the bus turned up a lot sooner than was expected which was good. Was it the temporary traffic lights near halesowen causing issues- as when I went past there was no traffic anywhere

Crash in colley gate now apparently 1 and half hour wait for 9 from Stourbridge according to centro person

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 01, 2018, 04:12:31 PM
You did a good job with the 9s today. Very well done. Despite the very heavy loadings experienced on 3301- the bus turned up a lot sooner than was expected which was good. Was it the temporary traffic lights near halesowen causing issues- as when I went past there was no traffic anywhere

I don't know. I am based in Birmingham Council control room, and while I can see where buses are getting stuck outside Birmingham I don't knwo the cause

Mike K

I'm assuming that buses across the region are grinding to a halt now? I've travelled 3 miles in an hour on 6881. Getting off and walking the last mile.

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on March 01, 2018, 06:23:11 PM
I'm assuming that buses across the region are grinding to a halt now? I've travelled 3 miles in an hour on 6881. Getting off and walking the last mile.

Only a small number of services subject to diversion:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-alerts/snow-on-the-way
http://alerts.networkwestmidlands.com/

The problem is that services running normally are getting delayed by slow moving traffic. Road conditions are horrendous.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on March 01, 2018, 06:30:55 PM
Only a small number of services subject to diversion:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-alerts/snow-on-the-way
http://alerts.networkwestmidlands.com/

The problem is that services running normally are getting delayed by slow moving traffic. Road conditions are horrendous.
I had an hour and a half ride on the 28 home earlier, a journey that normally takes 45 minutes. I praise the driver for trying his best for battling the snow.

Jack6101

I've been on the 126 3 hours and 15 mins on nowhere near Dudley from Birmingham
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Michael Bevan

Quite a number of delays today due to the severe weather and traffic chaos...

I saw the evening Boney Hay 937 pass me in Kingstanding earlier at 19:30, running about 1 hour and 35 minutes late.

Buses are having to park up with passengers on so drivers can have their 30 minutes RTA break..

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 01, 2018, 08:32:29 PM

I saw the evening Boney Hay 937 pass me in Kingstanding earlier at 19:30, running about 1 hour and 35 minutes late.

Buses are having to park up with passengers on so drivers can have their 30 minutes RTA break..
No Buses are serving Pheasey atm, apparently the locals aren't very happy!

Westy

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 01, 2018, 08:32:29 PM

Bet that went down well with the passengers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk