News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 07, 2017, 09:26:58 PM
Exactly, if you want NE to just run to West Brom with a seperate service West Brom - Walsall, then Diamond should have to do the same to. Otherwise it would be unfair.

Am sure Diamond buses run late on these routes to, when they are being operated correctly.
He'll moan about problems on the 45, which the route is fine. He's got Diamond on the 4H, which supplies him with free wifi and a somewhat reliable service, as if NX don't do the same. Or is it just Birchley Island which is terrible atm.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 09:19:37 PM
That is true. There doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to improve reliability then.
Allow more time to complete your journey if it's as unreliable as you say, then you won't have a problem.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on November 07, 2017, 09:26:06 PM
personnally I think you write nothing but a load of crap And you don't know what your on about
Nearly every 4M that comes into merry hill has a park up break and you see the driver get of and go to the bog or have a fag

I don't know if you know your alphabet but M is different to H. M seems to be punctual somehow.H doesn't.

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 09:39:03 PM
I don't know if you know your alphabet but M is different to H. M seems to be punctual somehow.H doesn't.
The 4/4H/4M are all fine. The bad one out of the 3 of them is the 4M, withe Xmas approaching it will be chaos in the bus station, with all the parked cars everywhere. I wonder if Deckers will be put on the 4M on Boxing Day like 2013?

Stuharris 6360

@Trident 4194

and is it just NE 4Hs that are delayed?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

again when I'm over Halesowen on x10 I never see the problems you see day in day out 24hrs a day

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 07, 2017, 09:43:38 PM
@Trident 4194

and is it just NE 4Hs that are delayed?

I know you won't believe me when I say this but I would say 95% of time diamond are ontime. I think due to their lower passenger numbers they are able to make up time, as well as driving at maximum speed limits

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 09:55:22 PM
I know you won't believe me when I say this but I would say 95% of time diamond are ontime. I think due to their lower passenger numbers they are able to make up time, as well as driving at maximum speed limits

Sorry but I can't believe you, I bet that if you checked both NE and Diamonds real time data, then you would probably find that the punctuality % would be very similar for both companies.

Can't believe that Diamonds passenger figures are that low or they would withdraw the services.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

With respect @Tony, we'll agree to differ whether I take too much notice of certain posters, but Nx ran long routes before & they eventually got split, for example the Walsall - Dudley - Stourbridge corridor, which I seem to recall was introduced due to the closures of Dudley & Harts Hill garages, with Walsall running the entire route.

It got split for reliability reasons ISTR.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but the original reason for the 951 as was being cut back to West Midlands only was due to reliability reasons caused by construction of the BNRR.

Nothing was mentioned about NX / Twm pulling out as Staffordshire routes didnt pay!

(But no one said the 951 would be restored when the BNRR was finished!)

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 07, 2017, 10:03:21 PM
Sorry but I can't believe you, I bet that if you checked both NE and Diamonds real time data, then you would probably find that the punctuality % would be very similar for both companies.

Can't believe that Diamonds passenger figures are that low or they would withdraw the services.

When diamond get real time data then I will be able to prove this. But yes I understand why you don't believe me

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 09:55:22 PM

You still haven't said how you know. When NX are late how do you know the Diamond buses aren't running close to the time of the one behind? You were moaning earlier about NX's excess running times so if Diamond's times are tighter how on earth do you  think they avoid problems?

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 07, 2017, 10:03:21 PM

Lower passenger numbers means they have to stop at stops less and spend time loading an unloading, so they would be a bit quicker in my opinion.
You notice a bit off a difference when on the 94 between NX and Claribels.

The smaller operators do tend to carry lighter loads than NX and pick up the passengers left over who don't have NX passes or who haven't already purchased a daysaver.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on November 07, 2017, 10:10:46 PM
Lower passenger numbers means they have to stop at stops less and spend time loading an unloading, so they would be a bit quicker in my opinion.
You notice a bit off a difference when on the 94 between NX and Claribels.

The smaller operators tend to carry lighter loads than NX and pick up the passengers left over who don't have NX passes or who haven't already purchased a daysaver.

But thats what I mean @2206 , you would have thought that being a "shared" route that NE and Diamond would get a roughly 50% share of the available market. The question is why don't Diamond get more passengers, is it just that passengers prefer NE or is it that they don't prefer Diamonds older buses driven as Trident said at high speeds. Certainly I have been on both NE and Diamond on the 4 and I do prefer NE.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2017, 10:05:59 PM
You still haven't said how you know. When NX are late how do you know the Diamond buses aren't running close to the time of the one behind? You were moaning earlier about NX's excess running times so if Diamond's times are tighter how on earth do you  think they avoid problems?

I don't i base my assumption on the fact that it is ontime and not the one before. Diamond have longer between Halesowen and walsall compared with nx. Let's be honest the Hayley green loop doesn't have any traffic issues other than the odd road resurfacing which only affects diamonds anyway

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 07, 2017, 10:19:50 PM
But thats what I mean @2206 , you would have thought that being a "shared" route that NE and Diamond would get a roughly 50% share of the available market. The question is why don't Diamond get more passengers, is it just that passengers prefer NE or is it that they don't prefer Diamonds older buses driven as Trident said at high speeds. Certainly I have been on both NE and Diamond on the 4 and I do prefer NE.

People associate diamond with speed. The quality of diamond buses are generally better than nx, with partial leather seats and free wifi. I believe the issue is the solely nx travel cards have such high dominance in the market. People who live between blackheath and walsall are going to get just a nx card if they know there will be a bus in 6 mins. Same can be said for the 16 I suppose

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk