News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Got stuck behind an Omnilink in the 48A, a price branded Enviro 400 on the 48 and 4251 on the 48A all bunched together on Holly Lane about 5 mins ago
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4194

3301 and 671* in convoy on x10 left halesowen at 15:45
4 9s in convoy, 2 streetdecks, 2mmcs at halesowen leaving for Stourbridge at 10:20. Must be bad
In brum.
The 9:36 4H I presumed must have missed out the loop. Causing lots of angry people- especially being the first after 9:30. Seems a common occurrence to miss Hayley green out.

Harborne services also screwed

Westy

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 04:16:29 PM
3301 and 671* in convoy on x10 left halesowen at 15:45
4 9s in convoy, 2 streetdecks, 2mmcs at halesowen leaving for Stourbridge at 10:20. Must be bad
In brum.
The 9:36 4H I presumed must have missed out the loop. Causing lots of angry people- especially being the first after 9:30. Seems a common occurrence to miss Hayley green out.

Harborne services also screwed

Why dont they put Hayley Green on another route to save messing up the 4H timetable?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 07, 2017, 06:29:06 PM
Why dont they put Hayley Green on another route to save messing up the 4H timetable?

You take too much notice of a certain person's postings. For example today every 4H completed the loop and every one left Halesowen on its way back to Walsall on time with the exception of the 13:02 which was 12 minutes late.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2017, 06:37:23 PM
You take too much notice of a certain person's postings. For example today every 4H completed the loop and every one left Halesowen on its way back to Walsall on time with the exception of the 13:02 which was 12 minutes late.

Yesterday I sampled 1841 on the 4M from merry hill to West Brom, and I was amazed at how long this dam journey is allowed. Waited at rowley Regis hospital for 3 mins, blackheath for 3 mins then another wait at oldbury and it wasn't even been driven fast.

When your allowing 25 mins for the Hayley green loop I expect them to be practically on time leaving halesowen. Considering you can do it in just over 15 mins

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 07:48:03 PM
Yesterday I sampled 1841 on the 4M from merry hill to West Brom, and I was amazed at how long this dam journey is allowed. Waited at rowley Regis hospital for 3 mins, blackheath for 3 mins then another wait at oldbury and it wasn't even been driven fast.

Thank you for pointing that out, now perhaps when you are shouting about NX running late you realise there must be problems on the route, yet amazingly you reckon all the Diamond buses are on time. Your posting defy logic.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
Thank you for pointing that out, now perhaps when you are shouting about NX running late you realise there must be problems on the route, yet amazingly you reckon all the Diamond buses are on time. Your posting defy logic.

Give me the location where there is issues on route. And don't say birchley island because other than peaks it's absolutely fine

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 07:48:03 PM

If it was being driven fast, surely it would have ended up waiting even longer at those timing points?

Timetables are there for a reason, I suppose you'd prefer timetables with shorter journey times so the buses are constantly running late?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 08:27:41 PM
Give me the location where there is issues on route. And don't say birchley island because other than peaks it's absolutely fine

Regular problems aren't what causes problems, you can timetable them.
How long does it take a bus to get through Caldmore in Walsall - different every day.
How long is the queue to get into the new shopping centre at West Bromwich?
How long is it going to take to get out of West Bromwich Bus Station?
How long is it going to take to get across Birchley roundabout?
How long is it going to take through White heath?

That is why a sensible scheduler on a long route allows a extra couple of minutes at various points along the route

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2017, 08:38:29 PM

Regular problems aren't what causes problems, you can timetable them.
How long does it take a bus to get through Caldmore in Walsall - different every day.
How long is the queue to get into the new shopping centre at West Bromwich?
How long is it going to take to get out of West Bromwich Bus Station?
How long is it going to take to get across Birchley roundabout?
How long is it going to take through White heath?

That is why a sensible scheduler on a long route allows a extra couple of minutes at various points along the route

Precisely why in my opinion they should do the 4H,4M only to West Brom. Then the normal 4 from West Brom- walsall. How many people actually travel all the way from Halesowen and merry hill- walsall?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 09:09:14 PM
Precisely why in my opinion they should do the 4H,4M only to West Brom. Then the normal 4 from West Brom- walsall. How many people actually travel all the way from Halesowen and merry hill- walsall?

A lot of people travel from North of West Bromwich to Blackheath though, try getting on a 4 at West Bromwich Bus Station towards Walsall and most are a third to half full

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2017, 09:12:25 PM
A lot of people travel from North of West Bromwich to Blackheath though, try getting on a 4 at West Bromwich Bus Station towards Walsall and most are a third to half full

That is true. There doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to improve reliability then.

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 09:19:37 PM
That is true. There doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to improve reliability then.
You've got Diamond.

karl724223

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 07, 2017, 09:19:37 PM
personnally I think you write nothing but a load of crap And you don't know what your on about
Nearly every 4M that comes into merry hill has a park up break and you see the driver get of and go to the bog or have a fag

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Jack on November 07, 2017, 09:21:07 PM
You've got Diamond.

Exactly, if you want NE to just run to West Brom with a seperate service West Brom - Walsall, then Diamond should have to do the same to. Otherwise it would be unfair.

Am sure Diamond buses run late on these routes to, when they are being operated correctly.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk