News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARBB

Quote from: Westy on December 01, 2016, 05:47:42 PM
Is there problems in Dudley again?

This time last year, according to Facebook, there was massive delays there & I had to wait well over an hour on the 311/313 corridor as was for a bus to turn up.

Tonight, its currently 10 mins for the next one, then the next one is roughly 25 mins after that !

Delays every day in dudley due to car drivers using fisher Street and Birmingham street despite a sign stating buses, taxis and licenced private hire only

the trainbasher

Thing is the signs also allow access

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 01, 2016, 08:55:16 PM
Thing is the signs also allow access
peak hour you can't get in or out the bus station some buses have to use the road by the old Rick shaw to get out

Dom

Quote from: karl724223 on December 01, 2016, 09:15:57 PM
peak hour you can't get in or out the bus station some buses have to use the road by the old Rick shaw to get out

Tbf that's the best way out for the 120,140,241 etc.

Solo1

Quote from: pndriver on December 01, 2016, 08:03:53 PM
Delays every day in dudley due to car drivers using fisher Street and Birmingham street despite a sign stating buses, taxis and licenced private hire only
can't they have  cameras to catch the cars drivers I know it says about access but they can change that to help the buses & taxis /private hire

the trainbasher

Legally it's a moving traffic offence so only the police can prosecute. Now if it was a bus lane and the council had the powers to do so, we could place bus lane cameras like Sandwell do to enforce

The thing is the privately owned car park is right by the bus station plus the service yard for Kwik Save

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 01, 2016, 11:39:32 PM
Legally it's a moving traffic offence so only the police can prosecute. Now if it was a bus lane and the council had the powers to do so, we could place bus lane cameras like Sandwell do to enforce

The thing is the privately owned car park is right by the bus station plus the service yard for Kwik Save
and who owns the land the car park is on that is going to be a metro station one day

Centro tfwm

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 01, 2016, 11:39:32 PM

So basically to use the car park you have to break the law?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 02, 2016, 01:26:22 PM
So basically to use the car park you have to break the law?

No because the sign says 'and access' so if you are accessing the car park you are allowed to use the road

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2016, 02:15:42 PM
No because the sign says 'and access' so if you are accessing the car park you are allowed to use the road

Thanks @Tony  for the clarification, have used that car park numerous times but have always been a bit hessitant especially when approaching it from the bus station side.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

I'm fully expecting A34/A38 services to suffer in spectacular fashion today
Saturday before Christmas traffic coupled with the impressively timed three way lights by the law courts
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

ARBB

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2016, 02:15:42 PM

Technically there is a sign that says access to car park but it's been placed there by the operator of the car park. Bus station supervisors and inspectors have been monitoring the traffic. Bus station supervisors have even had to start holding the cars up so buses can get out.

There was a man filming all the cars coming through from castle Street a few weeks ago. Inspectors have been using iPads to take photos.

The signs contradict them selves.

When coming off Hall St there is left and right turn lanes only and if a car in either lane wants to go straight over with the bus to access the car park then potential disaster. ( good luck insurance companies ).

Stuharris 6360

Don't think that "Access to Car Park" sign would have legality if it was challenged in a court of law?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk