News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 19, 2016, 06:06:39 PM
Yes can you please tell me why 4084 had ages at oldbury and was then running late at 11:00
a few ideas why 4084 had ages in Oldbury, driver could have exceeded his driving hours, no relief driver , could have been waiting for engineer to repair something, 83/89 running boards has five minute lay over in Oldbury, or something else.
Dudley rd services are experiencing delays from McDonald's cape hill to summer field because of closure of Heath st and road works in rood end.
As drivers we have all experienced random one off incidents on route which can cause delays, timetables are just guides they are not set in concrete.
I myself will run to the timetable guide where safely as possible won't bust a gut to stick to it not drivers problem, don't care if bus is running late I don't make the timetables, drivers only responsibility to timetable not to run early. Still a late bus is better than no bus.

MW

Quote from: 2900 on August 20, 2016, 10:38:47 AM
a few ideas why 4084 had ages in Oldbury, driver could have exceeded his driving hours, no relief driver , could have been waiting for engineer to repair something, 83/89 running boards has five minute lay over in Oldbury, or something else.
Dudley rd services are experiencing delays from McDonald's cape hill to summer field because of closure of Heath st and road works in rood end.
As drivers we have all experienced random one off incidents on route which can cause delays, timetables are just guides they are not set in concrete.
I myself will run to the timetable guide where safely as possible won't bust a gut to stick to it not drivers problem, don't care if bus is running late I don't make the timetables, drivers only responsibility to timetable not to run early. Still a late bus is better than no bus.

"I don't care, I pay your wages."

Or that's what they'll think! Knobs lol

Dom

Quote from: 2900 on August 20, 2016, 10:38:47 AM

Ticket fraud for example.

MW

Dom

Quote from: MW on August 20, 2016, 07:47:27 PM
What do you mean ticket fraud?

Someone with an out of date or fake ticket.

i.e trying to use an out of date daysaver when boarding a bus.

SOME drivers do stop these scum from using these tickets but no enough

MW

Quote from: Dom on August 20, 2016, 07:50:40 PM
Someone with an out of date or fake ticket.

i.e trying to use an out of date daysaver when boarding a bus.

SOME drivers do stop these scum from using these tickets but no enough

Oh sorry, I wasn't following. You mean the bus might not be moving because someone hasn't paid/used a faker.

I'm at a complete opposite understanding to this then. I never once understood why drivers decide to stop the bus just to prove a point? Some drivers put the attack alarm on (who's attacking them????).

If someone doesn't pay or uses a out of date ticket, there's a button for it on the ticket machine (I'm sure you already know this). You're just holding everyone up if you decide to make a scene surely?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on August 20, 2016, 09:02:28 PM
Oh sorry, I wasn't following. You mean the bus might not be moving because someone hasn't paid/used a faker.

I'm at a complete opposite understanding to this then. I never once understood why drivers decide to stop the bus just to prove a point? Some drivers put the attack alarm on (who's attacking them????).

If someone doesn't pay or uses a out of date ticket, there's a button for it on the ticket machine (I'm sure you already know this). You're just holding everyone up if you decide to make a scene surely?

So what is the point in anybody paying there fare then. The more you let people get away with it, the more people will try it on.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: MW on August 20, 2016, 09:02:28 PM

A lot of drivers do stop, simply because it is morally correct.

GeminiFan1991

I remember being on an early morning 97 and a drunk guy boarded the bus and just sat down showing no form of payment. The driver asked him repeatedly and he just in a slurred manner said whatever, so the driver got out the cab, grabbed his carrier bag and placed it outside the bus, as the guy went out to get it, the driver closed the doors and drove off !  :D
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 20, 2016, 09:08:07 PM
So what is the point in anybody paying there fare then. The more you let people get away with it, the more people will try it on.

Yeah you're right. Why should anyone pay the fare if it's that easy not to.

My point is, it's not the drivers job to enforce payment. You're not paid any extra for throwing them off the bus, you're not rewarded. You're just going out of your way for extra hassle that doesn't concern you.

If a driver does all that, then he takes his job too seriously.

And above all else, the company doesn't want the driver to get involved. So not only are they going against the company, they're getting extra grief for the pleasure.

With regards to morals, yeah I completely understand that it's not right.

Kevin

Something up in Walsall or along the Birmingham road this morning, 06:55 X51 off Scott Arms turned up 07:15 with the next two advertised as due in 1 minute
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Kevin

Last 5 from Sutton missing
Stood in Boldmere for half an hour before giving up and calling a cab

Michael Bevan

Road works on Birmingham Road in Sutton Coldfield is causing the 77's, 907's, 5's etc to run late. 12:10 77 (which was 4855) has only just arrived into Walsall before leaving Dead.

Kevin

6721 running at least 15 late on the Cannock X51, waiting at the Children's Hospital stop and saw it sat there at the top of Corporation Street hazards on. 17:35 behind it picked up all the passengers but he got going soon after

John

Quote from: Michael Bevan on August 25, 2016, 01:08:05 PM
Road works on Birmingham Road in Sutton Coldfield is causing the 77's, 907's, 5's etc to run late. 12:10 77 (which was 4855) has only just arrived into Walsall before leaving Dead.

20 minutes late getting to Roughley earlier this afternoon because of it. Was send dead back to City from there. Luckily I thought of using Weeford Road, Tamworth Road and down through Walmley to get to the Uni. I passed another one running dead the other way along the 71 route by the Reddicap. Managed to get to relief 3 minutes early too!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk