News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Trident 4194

2 9s in convoy at Halesowen at 12:00

Kevin

12:05 89 ex Walsall running about 15 late
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

3 244s apparently due in the space of 10 mins between all three

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 31, 2016, 10:06:55 AM
3 244s apparently due in the space of 10 mins between all three

2089 is running late with 865 not far behind on time, but no third bus

Squiz1971

PB28's may be delayed due to 4-way traffic lights at the Orphanage Road /Chester Road Island as the Erdington bound side of Orphanage Road is down to 1 lane, passed it about 11am this morning being caught in the queue turning into Chester Road at the Yenton

Stu

All services through Digbeth and Camp Hill seemed to pieces this evening; the 60 I got on at Bordesley Station was absolutely rammed full, as were the 17 and 59 that arrived a few minutes before. I only squeezed myself onto the 60 because the next 900/957 was showing as due in 16 minutes.

There was something on the NX app about roadworks on the Stratford Road? Seems very bad timing by the council, considering the end of the summer holiday period, added to the continued closure of Small Heath Bridge! I appreciate this is beyond NX's control, but some other passengers don't see things as I do!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on September 05, 2016, 08:52:59 PM
All services through Digbeth and Camp Hill seemed to pieces this evening; the 60 I got on at Bordesley Station was absolutely rammed full, as were the 17 and 59 that arrived a few minutes before. I only squeezed myself onto the 60 because the next 900/957 was showing as due in 16 minutes.

There was something on the NX app about roadworks on the Stratford Road? Seems very bad timing by the council, considering the end of the summer holiday period, added to the continued closure of Small Heath Bridge! I appreciate this is beyond NX's control, but some other passengers don't see things as I do!

Roadworks were on Stratford Road by Court Road (where the 2 turns left off Stratford Rd). Plenty of traffic on Warwick Road with 6-7 37's within minutes of each other. 4528 parked up NIS at St Johns timing point, aswell as 1911?! NIS on Warwick Road (presumably running dead from City to Solihull for the 6, or is it on loan to AG?)

Dom

Traffic is awful in West Brom this evening, came out of college and saw a line of at least 13 buses in a que going as far as new square, at least 5 of which were number 5's and 3 or 4 4/H/M. Got into Dudley and the 121 I was on left with another 121 directly behind.

Stu

Quote from: MW on September 05, 2016, 08:57:07 PM
Roadworks were on Stratford Road by Court Road (where the 2 turns left off Stratford Rd). Plenty of traffic on Warwick Road with 6-7 37's within minutes of each other. 4528 parked up NIS at St Johns timing point, aswell as 1911?! NIS on Warwick Road (presumably running dead from City to Solihull for the 6, or is it on loan to AG?)

Its that tiny bit of roadwork at the Kyotts Lake Road junction on Stratford Road thats causing major traffic problems. Had to pop to shop this morning to get milk for work and had a chance to view the morning carnage, mostly affecting traffic towards city. I guess the reverse in the evenings causes more trouble, with queuing traffic blocking Camp Hill Circus, causing tailbacks along the ring road and along Camp Hill into Digbeth.

And the 'pinch point' works at Bordesley Circus seem to have been a waste of time and money. As soon as the ring road towards Aston Expressway gets congested, you end up with two lots of traffic trying to exit that island (either through the 'hamburger' lane, or round the island from the ring road) which blocks the island, and prevents traffic from Coventry Road by Bordesley station from getting around the island. And selfish motorists won't sit back and let the traffic flow out, some of the crazy weaving around I've seen I'm amazed there are not more accidents there.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on September 09, 2016, 05:58:41 PM
Its that tiny bit of roadwork at the Kyotts Lake Road junction on Stratford Road thats causing major traffic problems. Had to pop to shop this morning to get milk for work and had a chance to view the morning carnage, mostly affecting traffic towards city. I guess the reverse in the evenings causes more trouble, with queuing traffic blocking Camp Hill Circus, causing tailbacks along the ring road and along Camp Hill into Digbeth.

And the 'pinch point' works at Bordesley Circus seem to have been a waste of time and money. As soon as the ring road towards Aston Expressway gets congested, you end up with two lots of traffic trying to exit that island (either through the 'hamburger' lane, or round the island from the ring road) which blocks the island, and prevents traffic from Coventry Road by Bordesley station from getting around the island. And selfish motorists won't sit back and let the traffic flow out, some of the crazy weaving around I've seen I'm amazed there are not more accidents there.

I'm guilty to the weaving lol

Originally I thought they were making an underpass there, so from Small Heath Highway to the Ring Road towards Aston Expressway. They've got plenty of space there to do that.

Those traffic lights on Bordesley Circus are useless. If you're coming off Coventry Road to cross over towards Digbeth, you end up blocking the roundabout and people coming from Aston Expressway towards Small Heath highway end up getting blocked in

It is a complex junction there with traffic going in every direction.

Trident 4194

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

John

Ran at least 15 minutes late on the 77 most of the day, New Oscott like usual for a Saturday. Two of the three buses have been this late, the third looked like it managed to keep to time. No drop backs on there to try to catch up

karl724223

Quote from: Chris on September 10, 2016, 05:29:39 PM
Which is on??? Let me guess the 243/4?
road works by railway bridge just before old hill high st

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk