News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: AndrewLee on June 14, 2016, 05:44:58 PM
Totally understand! Obviously AVL have their own challenges unique to job they do. I also realise things are being looked at and tweaked, for example the recent radio call options/procedure. I just think the system isn't being utilised to maximise its potential. I've been invited up by a couple of colleagues to have a look round and observe, I think I'm going to find the time and take up the offer.

I would Andrew, it is very interesting, what you won't see is controller sat around ignoring drivers. They can be sat chatting having a laugh between themselves at times where no driver is calling, then suddenly 3 or 4 vehicles will light up on the screen, or even worse, one emergency call will come in like on Saturday when an Inspector had his arm slashed with a Stanley Knife in Birmingham City Centre, not even a revenue inspector, or even in an argument. Obviously while the controller was getting police, ambulance, other inspectors to the scene then notifying management of a sserious incident drivers were 'being ignored'.

Dom

What is the procedure for a driver putting a call into AVL regarding late running? What is the minimum ammount of time they have to be down by?

Tony

Quote from: Dom on June 14, 2016, 05:58:30 PM
What is the procedure for a driver putting a call into AVL regarding late running? What is the minimum ammount of time they have to be down by?

There is no fixed time, but if a driver presses his 'late' button say 12 minutes down, but has a 12 minute drop back at the next terminus he is likely to be ignored if other calls are in the queue

Dylanbusboy45

The BC 45 seemed quite bunched up today at 17:45 with 4944/4945/4895/4898 and I think another all passing through West Heath between 17:45-17:52. 4896/4945/4944 were all together at West Heath between 18:00-18:02 as well.

Tony

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on June 14, 2016, 07:08:17 PM
The BC 45 seemed quite bunched up today at 17:45 with 4944/4945/4895/4898 and I think another all passing through West Heath between 17:45-17:52. 4896/4945/4944 were all together at West Heath between 18:00-18:02 as well.

If you haven't noticed, it rained a lot today, most of Birmingham stopped, buses on lots of routes are still running up to two hours late

AndrewLee

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2016, 05:53:18 PM
I would Andrew, it is very interesting, what you won't see is controller sat around ignoring drivers. They can be sat chatting having a laugh between themselves at times where no driver is calling, then suddenly 3 or 4 vehicles will light up on the screen, or even worse, one emergency call will come in like on Saturday when an Inspector had his arm slashed with a Stanley Knife in Birmingham City Centre, not even a revenue inspector, or even in an argument. Obviously while the controller was getting police, ambulance, other inspectors to the scene then notifying management of a sserious incident drivers were 'being ignored'.

I heard about this incident and know the Inspector personally having sometimes worked closely with him. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: AndrewLee on June 14, 2016, 09:24:40 PM
I heard about this incident and know the Inspector personally having sometimes worked closely with him. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I posted about this incident a few hours after it happened on "Bus Accidents/Incidents". I know him too and do wish him a speedy recovery.

Kevin

Birchfield Road underpass flooded again. X51 late presumably the 934/5/6/7/997 too
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Kevin on June 15, 2016, 07:43:43 AM
Birchfield Road underpass flooded again. X51 late presumably the 934/5/6/7/997 too

How bad is it? I've decided to go around the back on the 66 and Sutton's, but will be getting X51 out of City once I arrive.

Dom

868 and 870 a few minutes apart from each over through Netherton and old hill.

With 867 and 864 following each other through Old Hill about 10 5 mins later.

Solo1

What's happened today with the 17 service  3 17e  buses & no bus to town for over 25 mins

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on June 24, 2016, 05:28:40 PM
What's happened today with the 17 service  3 17e  buses & no bus to town for over 25 mins

Probably the same as happens nearly every evening!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on June 24, 2016, 05:28:40 PM

Just have a look on the website and you will see the answer

A building fire on Green Lane

Squiz1971

Due to hole in Saltley Viaduct wall there are temporary traffic lights on the inbound side only the outbound side open which is causing a few delays to all services

Stu

Looks like I'm walking down to Acocks Green then!  :-\
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk