News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Charles St A38 was still gridlocked at 2100hrs fortunately for me the weekend diversion comes into force after 2000hrs other wise instead of running 10-12 mins late it would have been 30-40 minutes trying to get around paradise circus.

Alex

1546 WN529 (4602) departed Wolverhampton at 1558, as the driver failed to show up until 1555, leaving a long line of rather unhappy people waiting for the driver.

EDIT

Arrived in Willenhall at 1610
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Stu

It's probably fair to say most services to and from Birmingham city centre have been a nightmare this evening.

Standing on the Stratford Road in Sparkbrook, the NXWM app was showing three 2s all due.
When the 31 I was on got to Acocks Green, there was another one just behind. And another one went past as I got home.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on March 23, 2015, 06:59:47 PM
It's probably fair to say most services to and from Birmingham city centre have been a nightmare this evening.

I was expecting that to be the case having heard the Expressway was closed (ergo, all possible routes from work would be rammed) but...
66 into Brum was spot on time 17:54, even faring better than normal crossing the ring road by Aston Uni, got food, got a Sutton bus (didn't even pay attention which number), along the wide open and free flowing expressway not really pushing as if he was late or anything. Almost as if nothing had happened.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on March 23, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
I was expecting that to be the case having heard the Expressway was closed (ergo, all possible routes from work would be rammed) but...
66 into Brum was spot on time 17:54, even faring better than normal crossing the ring road by Aston Uni, got food, got a Sutton bus (didn't even pay attention which number), along the wide open and free flowing expressway not really pushing as if he was late or anything. Almost as if nothing had happened.

The Expressway accident screwed up the complete city centre and middle Ring Road. The young lady from Amey and myself in the UTC decided that when the Expressway reopened the best way to cure the City Centre was when the Expressway reopened at 15:30 was to ask the police to delay opening the slip road from Park Circus as long as possible so that all traffic coming out the city got a completely clear run along the expressway straight to Erdington or the M6. The police were able to do this for 20 minutes. This worked brilliantly and cleared the whole city centre of traffic in those 20 minutes meaning the expressway and tunnels through the city were a lot clearer than normal at 16:00 so services heading north actually ran quite well once AVL had got the buses in the correct place.

Unfortunately the queue around the Middle Ring road stretched back past Camp Hill and there was nothing she could do to help get this moving faster. With ignorant motorists blocking three main roundabouts so Garrison Circus (97), Bordesley Circus (Coventry Road) & Camp Hill (AG & YW services) buses couldn't get across in or out of city causing the delays mentioned

domino.99

Quote from: Matt on March 24, 2015, 07:05:15 PM
The 18:43 241 from Halesowen seemed to leave Halesowen dead on time, but the real time said there was another 15 minutes behind. So was that one 45 minutes late, or 15 late and the one that left at 18:43 30 late?

Wrong destination display possibly?

jack5512

6102 & 6106 run togeher at halesowen at 12.40

Tony

Quote from: jack4325 on March 25, 2015, 12:42:00 PM

A bus running 6 minutes late, that is how late 6106 was, is not a VERY late running service

Trident 4609

Quote from: jack4325 on March 25, 2015, 12:42:00 PM

Most frequent services have bunching! The 9 is no different

Mike K

What on earth is going on in the city centre this evening? Broad St into city is horrendous, 29E to Weoley Castle and 24E to Punch Bowl (normally only seen at times of heavy snow) heading out of town.

John

North Birmingham completely screwed again this afternoon. Another accident on the Expressway around 2.30pm brought the A38 to a standstill, with out of City Sutton buses using Lichfield Road, therefore with extra traffic on Dartmouth Circus/Thomas Street delaying the 65/7s. It took me over 30 minutes on a 65 to get from City to Aston Cross, then missed my last trip (was due to finish at 17.36, I only got to Perry Common around 5.25pm).

Then getting from City back to Perry Barr took 45 minutes on a 997, the A34 underpasses were gridlocked too at 6pm

BU07 LGO

I just came off 50 mins late, was 1hr 10 down at one stage. There was temporRy lights by boats head stuck on red

Trident 4609

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 26, 2015, 08:59:02 PM
I just came off 50 mins late, was 1hr 10 down at one stage. There was temporRy lights by boats head stuck on red

Which Route?

BU07 LGO

I did 934 to town, 935E to George Frederick, back to town and 936 . The 935e was what took the time I was an hour and 10 mins down at one point

B.C Driver

Most services using Digbeth and Markets area this afternoon were very late running due to 4824 (on 16 I presume) breaking down and taking blocking up 2 lanes.  >:(
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk