News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

11C appears to be having difficulties today - while walking down to Acocks Green village earlier, five passed me in convoy (two of which were 11Es). I got the 11A back up the road (about 20 mins later) and we passed another three in convoy!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 09, 2017, 04:46:53 PM
11C appears to be having difficulties today - while walking down to Acocks Green village earlier, five passed me in convoy (two of which were 11Es). I got the 11A back up the road (about 20 mins later) and we passed another three in convoy!

Open Day at King Edwards School in Kings Heath and bad car parking caused chaos, so much so that they had to be diverted out of Kings Heath for some time.

Ignorant car drivers causing hundreds of other people's to waste time, not just bus passengers but other drivers as well

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on September 09, 2017, 05:22:45 PM
Open Day at King Edwards School in Kings Heath and bad car parking caused chaos, so much so that they had to be diverted out of Kings Heath for some time.

Ignorant car drivers causing hundreds of other people's to waste time, not just bus passengers but other drivers as well

But, of course, it's the bus companies fault for being late....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Think X51 is running late at the moment as one just turned up & another is ten mins behind!

(Does it still interwork with the 937 on Sundays?)

Kevin

18:05 X51 from city running 15 late, so 25 mins between departures in rush hour
Think the timetables need looking at because the delays at this time are fairly consistent from my observations

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on September 11, 2017, 06:23:54 PM
18:05 X51 from city running 15 late, so 25 mins between departures in rush hour
Think the timetables need looking at because the delays at this time are fairly consistent from my observations

See
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/updates-huge-delays-m6-after-13604571

for explanation of why the X51s are bad this evening

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on September 11, 2017, 06:35:11 PM
See
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/updates-huge-delays-m6-after-13604571

for explanation of why the X51s are bad this evening

Fair
Does seem to be consistent delays between 18:00 and 18:30 though, resulting in standing loads - while the 997/93x go past with less than half loads

John

Thought it was a lot busier tonight on the Lichfield Road getting up to Salford Circus, and the M6 North was at a standstill

Westy

Kevin

Three X51s, two 51s, the 886 and a Green Bus (848 I think?) all arrived at Scott Arms at the same time ~07:50 this morning
Chaos
Hilarious

Kevin

6731 left Brum on the 17:55 X51 10 late
Not drastic I know - but he left leaving loads of people at the bus stop without a full bus.....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on September 13, 2017, 06:05:53 PM
6731 left Brum on the 17:55 X51 10 late
Not drastic I know - but he left leaving loads of people at the bus stop without a full bus.....

It's at drivers discretion about how full he wants a bus.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 13, 2017, 06:10:34 PM
It's at drivers discretion about how full he wants a bus.

How full a driver wants their bus is not at the driver's discretion. All vehicles have a maximum number of passengers displayed, a driver couldn't decide to have standing passengers on the upper deck because there were passengers at the stop.

Trident 4194

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 13, 2017, 10:34:55 PM
How full a driver wants their bus is not at the driver's discretion. All vehicles have a maximum number of passengers displayed, a driver couldn't decide to have standing passengers on the upper deck because there were passengers at the stop.

Yes but it's usually less than the specified number that is max capacity, and the driver will still reject people because people don't use all the available space downstairs to sit

Kevin

For the record there was no one standing

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk