News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 01, 2017, 01:21:28 PM
The whole of the Black Country?

827 and 829 left merry hill NIS
3304 and 6717 in convoy at merry hill lights
6718 I believe NIS passed Quinton church at 15:20
183* and 1845 in convoy on 4H

I saw two buses on the WA11 on Bloomfield Road, Tipton in convoy earlier today around 2:30 PM too.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on September 01, 2017, 06:01:48 PM
I saw two buses on the WA11 on Bloomfield Road, Tipton in convoy earlier today around 2:30 PM too.
The WA313 was running about 7 minutes late today.

Trident 4194

Quote from: DJ98 on September 01, 2017, 06:01:48 PM

Today was the worst I've seen late runnings on such a number of services

DJ

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2017, 06:50:58 PM
The WA313 was running about 7 minutes late today.

Not as bad as the WA11 then, one of the must have been 20 minutes late if they were together.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 01, 2017, 06:53:26 PM
Today was the worst I've seen late runnings on such a number of services

Makes me glad I got the train to Wolverhampton instead today!  ;D

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on September 01, 2017, 07:06:29 PM
Not as bad as the WA11 then, one of the must have been 20 minutes late if they were together.

Makes me glad I got the train to Wolverhampton instead today!  ;D
I wonder if the Thandi 311 was in shambles today. Judging by how bad they can be. I did see a Blue Dart NIS heading down Wood Green Road heading towards Walsall. I'm guessing he had to turn round at some point as he must been running very late.

Westy

I told Nx via Twitter recently they needed to look at that service, as it regulary has problems.

Their response. Send us an email!

Why do I need to email?

Isnt social media good enough?

DJ

Quote from: Westy on September 01, 2017, 09:05:25 PM
I told Nx via Twitter recently they needed to look at that service, as it regulary has problems.

Their response. Send us an email!

Why do I need to email?

Isnt social media good enough?

Way too overcrowded at times too at peak, it's not so bad over the summer, but once school and colleges go back in September, it's always rammed of the mornings. Not to mention the amount of traffic at the junction with the Sedgley Road, it was normal for it to take 30 minutes on the bus to get from Tipton to Dudley back when I was at college. I would like to see deckers on there occasionally, I reckon it'd be worth the trade off of having to drive a different way to the depot to avoid trees or whatever.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on September 01, 2017, 09:19:29 PM
Way too overcrowded at times too at peak, it's not so bad over the summer, but once school and colleges go back in September, it's always rammed of the mornings. Not to mention the amount of traffic at the junction with the Sedgley Road, it was normal for it to take 30 minutes on the bus to get from Tipton to Dudley back when I was at college. I would like to see deckers on there occasionally, I reckon it'd be worth the trade off of having to drive a different way to the depot to avoid trees or whatever.
Done here it's bad. Two schools right opposite each other on Wood Green Road. I can't wait to see all the drama come back. The Thandi 311 will be terrible again, no wonder they stopped the 313!

Myvod Road can be terrible and the J9 Island. All the fun will start next week!

Quote from: DJ98 on September 01, 2017, 09:19:29 PM
Blame the trees on Powis Avenue! The branches are that low that they have hitting SD's. Especially the Omnilinks with those pod things on the roof. Sandwell Council think they now it all!

DJ

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2017, 09:24:28 PM
Done here it's bad. Two schools right opposite each other on Wood Green Road. I can't wait to see all the drama come back. The Thandi 311 will be terrible again, no wonder they stopped the 313!

Myvod Road can be terrible and the J9 Island. All the fun will start next week!
Blame the trees on Powis Avenue! The branches are that low that they have hitting SD's. Especially the Omnilinks with those pod things on the roof. Sandwell Council think they now it all!

Ah yeah, I forgot about Powis Avenue. If the 11 and 13 weren't interlinked, then the deckers could just be kept on the 13, but that'd never happen.

That must be awful at rush hour, having two high schools, a motorway junction, and a retail park at the same place...

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on September 01, 2017, 09:36:41 PM
Ah yeah, I forgot about Powis Avenue. If the 11 and 13 weren't interlinked, then the deckers could just be kept on the 13, but that'd never happen.

That must be awful at rush hour, having two high schools, a motorway junction, and a retail park at the same place...
They're expanding the retail park too. This area is terrible. Wednesbury Town Centre doesn't help in rush hour either..

DJ

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2017, 09:39:42 PM
They're expanding the retail park too. This area is terrible. Wednesbury Town Centre doesn't help in rush hour either..

Damn, that sounds like a pain. I would say I'm looking forward to not having to deal with the 11/13 anymore into Dudley, but I doubt the 79 into Wolves will be any better, with the diversion away from Bilston Rd.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on September 01, 2017, 09:52:42 PM
Damn, that sounds like a pain. I would say I'm looking forward to not having to deal with the 11/13 anymore into Dudley, but I doubt the 79 into Wolves will be any better, with the diversion away from Bilston Rd.
And you've got all the rush hour in Wednesbury town centre. Have fun!

DJ

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2017, 09:59:22 PM
And you've got all the rush hour in Wednesbury town centre. Have fun!

Nah, I'll be catching the 82 from near Coseley to the stop outside Regal Motors, then the 79 into Wolves. Still, I bet there'll be quite a bit of traffic with the Metro diversions.

Westy

Shame it takes too long going via Great Bridge & West Brom, if I went from work to Walsall that way!

Also its extra expense Metro from Parkway up to somewhere close to the Bilston to Darlaston route so I could swop to the 39 straight through or get a 79 & change at Darlo.

Stu

Coventry Road services X1, X2 and 60 all having difficulties today, due to some temporary traffic lights at the Kings Road junction. Don't know when it happened but looks like there had been a collision of some kind, as the traffic lights have been smashed to pieces.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk