News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Boxing Day 2013

Started by the trainbasher, November 10, 2013, 10:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan4775 on December 11, 2013, 09:01:07 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2013, 09:55:20 AM
*On Boxing Day Sunday services will operate on all routes until approximately 1830 with buses on the following services buses operating until normal last bus times i.e. a normal Sunday timetable all day:

Birmingham: 6, 7, 9, 11A/11C, 14, 16, 17, 22, 23, 29, 33, 35, 45, 47, 50, 51, 55, 60, 61, 63, 67, 74/75, 80, 82/87, 94, 97/97A, 101, 126, 141, 904 and 905

Walsall: 4/4M, 51, 301, 302, 529

West Bromwich, Stourbridge and Dudley: 4/4M, 5, 9, 74, 75, 80, 82, 87, 126 and 141

Wolverhampton: 1, 2, 59, 79, 126 and 529

Looking at this there is no 'express' services (934/935/936/997/997E/907/952) how come?

Remember this is only 6/7pm onwards Nathan, NX have presumably deemed these services unnecessary on Boxing night

Trident 4609

The is!  :) All NX services are running to a Sunday timetable till 18:30

Westy

Arriva's the company to work for then.

Boxing Day & New Years Day off.

By the way, even though it's Saturday service, why can't NX run the X51 Cannock extensions?

Surely people living in Cannock that work in Birmingham need to get to work.

(Lucky my sister can get a 301/302 into Walsall & change to the regular X51, but is anyone in Cannock working over Xmas? (Bob?))

PM

Why is it the company to work for? I'd want the overtime at a good rate if it was me particularly at the high rate mentioned... Wonder why arriva have backed out of doing their contracts... To be fair, I don't know who would be complaining if greenbus or diamond ran them permanently as I can't say I've been impressed when using arriva's wm services!

Westy

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 11, 2013, 10:04:49 PM
Why is it the company to work for? I'd want the overtime at a good rate if it was me particularly at the high rate mentioned... Wonder why arriva have backed out of doing their contracts... To be fair, I don't know who would be complaining if greenbus or diamond ran them permanently as I can't say I've been impressed when using arriva's wm services!

To be honest I was being tongue in cheek.

As a passenger in the West Midlands County area, we're lucky to get a Boxing Day service thesedays.

Must admit I'm curious to see how far we have come in a few years from no services to partial services to nearly full Sunday daytime service on Boxing Day.

Did people ask for Boxing Day evening services specifically or is NX trying out an idea?

PM

Quote from: Westy on December 11, 2013, 10:16:56 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 11, 2013, 10:04:49 PM

To be honest I was being tongue in cheek.

As a passenger in the West Midlands County area, we're lucky to get a Boxing Day service thesedays.

Must admit I'm curious to see how far we have come in a few years from no services to partial services to nearly full Sunday daytime service on Boxing Day.

Did people ask for Boxing Day evening services specifically or is NX trying out an idea?

Not an NX innovation seeing as centro are actually paying for services to run on that day on many routes. And sorry, didn't realise. We are very lucky indeed I agree-really useful for work and the sales if people can stand them...

Trident 4609

Presumably NX trialed it last year with buses running till 11 and the loadings were good so NX have decided to operate main routes till end of service?

Trident 4609

Didn't realise Centro paid for all the services. I just assumed the commercial services at NX are run commercially on Boxing Day

Liverpool Street

gah, it strikes me as the public are like hoards of animals.. just gotta get to Primark like the boar has gotta get to the watering hole.

Although it is handy to have these Sunday services but I don't think - PERSONALLY - that is warrants such frequency. Skeleton services should suffice if people weren't so selfish. Again, its the supply and demand culture of this once great country.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

There just seems to be so many people out and about on Boxing Day now. 10 years ago we didn't even have a Boxing Day service let alone a Sunday Service

PM

Quote from: Trident 4609 on December 11, 2013, 10:21:00 PM
Didn't realise Centro paid for all the services. I just assumed the commercial services at NX are run commercially on Boxing Day

They pay for the tendered stuff, over the odds as the contracts originally didn't specify boxing day as a day of operation, hence why arriva have presumably refused or asked centro for more money than greenbus wanted to run them for the day.

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2013, 10:25:47 PM
gah, it strikes me as the public are like hoards of animals.. just gotta get to Primark like the boar has gotta get to the watering hole.

Although it is handy to have these Sunday services but I don't think - PERSONALLY - that is warrants such frequency. Skeleton services should suffice if people weren't so selfish. Again, its the supply and demand culture of this once great country.

Lol so true and neither do I see why it needs that frequency. To be fair, I can see people need to get to work but wouldn't most people going to the sales drive so they can get there stupidly early and come back with tonnes of tat they don't need and can't afford. Sorry  :P

Liverpool Street

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 11, 2013, 10:30:44 PM

Lol so true and neither do I see why it needs that frequency. To be fair, I can see people need to get to work but wouldn't most people going to the sales drive so they can get there stupidly early and come back with tonnes of tat they don't need and can't afford. Sorry  :P

My point exactly. These people don't NEED the stuff, just buying it because they can. (And can get there easier and easier.)

I remember the likes of Curry's / PC World being open for about 5hours boxing day with stupidly low prices so if you really truly need the stuff you will find a way to get there.

Um.. whats wrong with the 27th? (And I'm talking at the unemployed... not workers who go back on 27th..)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2013, 10:34:46 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 11, 2013, 10:30:44 PM

My point exactly. These people don't NEED the stuff, just buying it because they can. (And can get there easier and easier.)

I remember the likes of Curry's / PC World being open for about 5hours boxing day with stupidly low prices so if you really truly need the stuff you will find a way to get there.

Um.. whats wrong with the 27th? (And I'm talking at the unemployed... not workers who go back on 27th..)

Precisely and it seems weird that boxing day services are growing at a time when the sales are more and more online? Would have thought there was more need in the past...

And exactly...couldn't agree more  ;)

Westy

Why were Coventry always different when it came to New Years Day?

It's only recently they started having bus services on New Years Day.

I don't remember ever seeing mentions of NYD services back in the PTE days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk