News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busman Jamie

Shame to see the presidents getting withdrawn, some are in decent condition given their age

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Busman Jamie on June 14, 2016, 08:36:15 AM
Shame to see the presidents getting withdrawn, some are in decent condition given their age

I'm on 4068 right now on the 40 to Wolverhampton and I've got to say that these are good for their age! Nice and smooth unlike some of the buses nowadays.

Wumpty

Perhaps some of the time-expired Presidents should replace the Metrobuses in the training fleet? They maybe deemed unsuitable for service work, though surely practical enough for use in training?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Wumpty on June 14, 2016, 09:39:36 PM
Perhaps some of the time-expired Presidents should replace the Metrobuses in the training fleet? They maybe deemed unsuitable for service work, though surely practical enough for use in training?

I agree here, am somewhat surprised their isn't a Plaxton in the training fleet. I would have thought they'd allow future drivers to become more accustomed to the current crop of vehicles than an older vehicle type like a Metrobus. I.e being a trained on a Plaxton should allow you to become trained to driving a Gemini (Im thinking)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

DavieDD2

Alternatively, send them up to Dundee, after all they still move :)

Michael Bevan

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 14, 2016, 10:00:19 PM
I agree here, am somewhat surprised their isn't a Plaxton in the training fleet. I would have thought they'd allow future drivers to become more accustomed to the current crop of vehicles than an older vehicle type like a Metrobus. I.e being a trained on a Plaxton should allow you to become trained to driving a Gemini (Im thinking)

Isn't 4520 being converted into a trainer?

4057 plaxton b7tl Volvo

Withdrawn at west brom, now being canabalized for parts , drivers seat is now fitted to an Alexander b7tl a bit annoying as these seats only go up or down can't be tilted.
Parts removed from the mechanism that operates the front saloon doors.

Around 1600 hrs I saw one Trevor Wigleys red trucks dragging what appeared to be a B10L in TWM colours ,I only saw the rear of it before it disappeared up m5 junction 2 slip road heading north.

karl724223

Pensnett top yard looking like a ghost town at the moment

Ashley 60171

Quote from: karl724223 on June 22, 2016, 07:45:51 PM
Pensnett top yard looking like a ghost town at the moment

Bloody 'ell they've took everythin' lol.

don

And with Pensnett getting four new Streetdecks and presumably Platinums for the X10, does this spell the end for some early Tridents including Trident4194?!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: don on June 22, 2016, 11:54:09 PM
And with Pensnett getting four new Streetdecks and presumably Platinums for the X10, does this spell the end for some early Tridents including Trident4194?!

Possibly, seeing as deckers below 4425 won't be repaint, it gives you an idea which buses have a limited future. As to which bus goes when is anybodys guess.

I feel as though Presidents will be withdrawn on mass before either of the early ALX400 bodied buses.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

4083 branded 5, this been parked outside admin block for some time now, missing it's battery cover ,and the handle from the rear emergency door, various internal light cover taken down , no ticket machine , I assume it suffered  a mechanical issue of some sort , being refurbed less than 4 years still very tidy looking.

Tony

4063 & 4068 now parked up out of use at Walsall with the arriva of 4190 & 4218

The Real 4778

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2016, 07:10:03 PM
4063 & 4068 now parked up out of use at Walsall with the arriva of 4190 & 4218

Arriva 4190 and 4128 hey!  That IS newsworthy!!!  8)
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk