News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: Gareth on June 21, 2024, 05:07:32 PMI'd imagine withdrawing Euro six double deckers is not a priority at the moment.
I tend to agree, but with a total of 170 new electrics either in service or imminent over the coming months, and only 40 or so non Euro 6 left, I would imagine anything is possible with older vehicles, dependent on condition and MOTs etc, noting also the stated intention to replace some of the Scanias as well. Fact is 4718 and co will be replaced by electrics when the garage goes completely electric as far as DDs are concerned. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: don on June 21, 2024, 06:52:23 PMI tend to agree, but with a total of 170 new electrics either in service or imminent over the coming months, and only 40 or so non Euro 6 left, I would imagine anything is possible with older vehicles, dependent on condition and MOTs etc, noting also the stated intention to replace some of the Scanias as well. Fact is 4718 and co will be replaced by electrics when the garage goes completely electric as far as DDs are concerned.
YW are not going to receive enough new electric buses to replace all their diesel double decks though, not this year anyway.

They are due to get just over 50. I guess that most of these will replace the majority of OmniLinks there, leaving just enough for the 27 service that needs single decks. This will also allow for the remaining non-Euro6 Tridents to be withdrawn.

There's also then scope for some of the older Enviro400s or even some Platinum MMCs to be transferred elsewhere to replace non-Euro6 vehicles at other depots.

But even so, the priority will be to get rid of the remaining non-Euro6 vehicles first.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

Quote from: Stu on June 21, 2024, 08:23:47 PMYW are not going to receive enough new electric buses to replace all their diesel double decks though, not this year anyway.

They are due to get just over 50. I guess that most of these will replace the majority of OmniLinks there, leaving just enough for the 27 service that needs single decks. This will also allow for the remaining non-Euro6 Tridents to be withdrawn.

There's also then scope for some of the older Enviro400s or even some Platinum MMCs to be transferred elsewhere to replace non-Euro6 vehicles at other depots.

But even so, the priority will be to get rid of the remaining non-Euro6 vehicles first.
I guess the long and short of this is we'll have to wait and see - however, based on the number of electrics you've stated will go to YW, then with the presumption the rest of the 170 go to PB (replacing all their DDs) no doubt all of their E400s and Platinums will be cascaded, and this will be more than enough to see off the remaining non Euro 6 vehicles if not some of the other older DDs, and Scania SDs around the system.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on June 21, 2024, 11:47:09 PMI guess the long and short of this is we'll have to wait and see - however, based on the number of electrics you've stated will go to YW, then with the presumption the rest of the 170 go to PB (replacing all their DDs) no doubt all of their E400s and Platinums will be cascaded, and this will be more than enough to see off the remaining non Euro 6 vehicles if not some of the other older DDs, and Scania SDs around the system.
Yes

Allocations are currently planned to be
E164-E230 to Perry Barr (The remaining 25 of this batch are being registered from July)
E231-E284 to Yardley Wood
E285-E333 to Perry Barr

This could change slightly depending on the switch on of chargers at the two garages

There's a couple of PVR increases coming which will take a few of the extra buses up. The 97 to the airport for instance, and the first 30 have been take up by 4799-4829.

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2024, 08:37:21 AMThere's a couple of PVR increases coming which will take a few of the extra buses up. The 97 to the airport for instance, and the first 30 have been take up by 4799-4829.
The 97 is extending to the airport again?

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on June 22, 2024, 09:10:28 AMThe 97 is extending to the airport again?
Yes, every 30 minutes.

cris 99

Hopefully through the business park make my journey to and from work so much easier 🙏🙏
17//72/73/97/X12

Jack

WMB

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2024, 08:37:21 AMYes

Allocations are currently planned to be
E164-E230 to Perry Barr (The remaining 25 of this batch are being registered from July)
E231-E284 to Yardley Wood
E285-E333 to Perry Barr

This could change slightly depending on the switch on of chargers at the two garages

There's a couple of PVR increases coming which will take a few of the extra buses up. The 97 to the airport for instance, and the first 30 have been take up by 4799-4829.
still no provision for Electrics at AG then ?
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on June 22, 2024, 02:39:22 PMstill no provision for Electrics at AG then ?
How many more times !
This batch was always, always, always, always going to for PB and YW !

Ingleboro261F

AG aren't even getting byds?

The Real 4777

Stu

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on June 22, 2024, 02:39:22 PMstill no provision for Electrics at AG then ?
Not this year.

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on June 22, 2024, 04:08:50 PMAG aren't even getting byds?
No, as Tony has already stated, this current delivery of BYD EVs for NX Bus will be the last ones that ADL produce.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

RW

Quote from: Stu on June 22, 2024, 04:32:59 PMNot this year.

No, as Tony has already stated, this current delivery of BYD EVs for NX Bus will be the last ones that ADL produce.

So what and where will NXWM source their future electrics from?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk