News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Southern Birmingham + Solihull Bus Route Consultation

Started by Matt.N0056, October 19, 2013, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 27, 2014, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: Stu on March 27, 2014, 08:24:36 PM
It's a month away, Network West Midlands will leave it all to the last minute again no doubt.

It's pretty much definite as the following:

49 is being split. Can't remember where, but will be something like a 49H to a hospital or something. Sorry folks, mind issue and all..
61, 63 - Timetable is being re-done with some minor timing point changes.
45, 47 - Timetable changes and the 45 to Cofton Hackett via Longbridge Lane, Bristol Road South, Lickey Road and Low Hill Lane.
29, 29A - 29A to Holly Hill via the 49 and x64 route. Timetable amendments for the 29 etc
x64 - Curtailed to Woodgate, with the new 29 taking the slack and modified 49 route.

There is 100% two or more other dodgy changes of which I am without knowledge herein lack of remembrance.

Looking at the vosa registration its JLR. Lode Lane I assume?

P419 EJW

It's a month away, Network West Midlands will leave it all to the last minute again no doubt.

49 is being split. Can't remember where, but will be something like a 49H to a hospital or something. Sorry folks, mind issue and all..
45, 47 - Timetable changes and the 45 to Cofton Hackett via Longbridge Lane, Bristol Road South, Lickey Road and Low Hill Lane.
29, 29A - 29A to Holly Hill via the 49 and x64 route. Timetable amendments for the 29 etc
x64 - Curtailed to Woodgate, with the new 29 taking the slack and modified 49 route.

There is 100% two or more other dodgy changes of which I am without knowledge herein lack of remembrance.

See post in the 27th April changes thread. Perhaps it might help you with the changes for service 49?

Stuharris 6360

Few concrete items on 27 April change thread.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

49 will operate from Northfield to Solihull, with possibility of some journeys continuing to Land Rover (like some early and late 37 journeys to)
3 revised to terminate at Green Business Park in Shirley, covering part of withdrawn 31A.
31A withdrawn, all 31 journeys will terminate at Solihull (I guess early morning, evening and Sunday journeys will terminate at Shirley)
1 extended to Haslucks Green Road in Shirley, I'm guessing this is Monday-Saturday daytimes only, with evening and Sunday journeys terminating at Acocks Green as they do now.
73 curtailed to run Heartlands Hospital to Solihull only.

That's my interpretation of the changes posted on VOSA. I'm suspecting there will be route changes in Acocks Green to accommodate the revisions to the 1 and 31 services, I'm guessing the 1 will serve Westley Road again, rather than doubling back on itself on Shirley Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on March 27, 2014, 09:11:30 PM
I'm guessing the 1 will serve Westley Road again, rather than doubling back on itself on Shirley Road.

That's an interesting point. But then, if the 31 went back to Olton Boulevard, then it'd double back on itself too.

If both serve Westley Road, then Olton Boulevard would lose out.

It'll be interesting to see it all pan out actually.

Stu

Had the Liberal Democrats Focus newsletter come through my door last night, and was a bit dismayed by the 'front-page' story:

More Bus Route Changes But Who Asked Us?
National Express WM just cannot stop tinkering with our bus routes. Without consulting passengers they propose to detour the no.1 service through the Gospel Estate to Shirley on the same route as the no.3 bus. The no.3 bus will no longer link Shirley with Acocks Green.
Cllr Iain Bowen & Roger Harmer have objected to these changes. Roger said, "the no 1 bus suffers enough delays already without extending the route. We shall fight for the best possible bus service for local residents".

Obviously Mr Roger Harmer was unaware of the public consultation that Centro undertook last year, in which service 3 was one of the routes consulted on. I don't recall the local Lib Dems making people aware about the consultation so they could make their views known, but I do recall both Centro and National Express providing on-bus and at-stop information on the proposals. I also wonder if Cllr Bowen and Mr Harmer even took part themselves.

Also it's worth pointing out that the 3 never really served Shirley properly, unlike the 31 and 31A, which will continue to do so. It's not as if that part of the route is disappearing altogether, not if the 1 will cover it instead. What they don't mention is that this change provides an alternative faster link to the west of the city centre for residents of the Gospel estate.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Stupid Lib Dems...I shall prevent myself going on a political rant! Centro and NX provided plenty of info on this issue and Acocks Green and Shirley shall remain well linked.

trident4370

Nice to see politicians still live in the real world with the rest of us, wait...

Liverpool Street

Lib Dem... hahaha, pathetic excuse for a political party. I know (Says Nick), lets get raped by the EU and swing the boarders wide open!! Damn Lib Dems...!

Either way, I think these changes will be for the best, I can not see any negatives at the moment. Well, valid sizeable ones anyway.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 30, 2014, 09:13:28 PM
Lib Dem... hahaha, pathetic excuse for a political party. I know (Says Nick), lets get raped by the EU and swing the boarders wide open!! Damn Lib Dems...!

Either way, I think these changes will be for the best, I can not see any negatives at the moment. Well, valid sizeable ones anyway.

To me it just demonstrates how these people take notice of what is going on in there own area, for a start, How many of them ever travel by bus?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

williamposh

Boarders? I'm against boarding schools as well.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: williamposh on March 31, 2014, 09:44:41 AM

Boarders? I'm against boarding schools as well.

Whoops, well spotted. No point changing it now ;) Glad you're on side, Will ;)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stevo

I don't know if it's just a rumour but a driver said the 50 is going 24-hour soon. I can't remember reading anything about this before.

YWDriver

Quote from: Stevo on April 01, 2014, 06:23:11 PM
I don't know if it's just a rumour but a driver said the 50 is going 24-hour soon. I can't remember reading anything about this before.

It has been going around the garage for a while now. No official word on it yet however.

trident4370

Quote from: YWDriver on April 02, 2014, 08:47:04 PM
Quote from: Stevo on April 01, 2014, 06:23:11 PM

It has been going around the garage for a while now. No official word on it yet however.

I really hope it does, it's only 15 minutes walk from mine so that could be very handy... I kind of Wouldn't be surprised if the 50 was relaunched as a 24 hour Gold Corridor, same with the 9 but I'll bet that is asking too much given both routes have a high pvr.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk