News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Southern Birmingham + Solihull Bus Route Consultation

Started by Matt.N0056, October 19, 2013, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayeed

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 29, 2014, 09:55:24 PM
As for the X64, it'll be finishing in Woodgate, via Bartley Green and Newman College. Doesn't take a genius to work out the route.
So 21 route not going to be reinstated then, :( and what the frequency is going to be?
Век живи - век учись

sonic84

Quote from: sonic84 on January 29, 2014, 09:59:23 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 29, 2014, 09:55:24 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 29, 2014, 08:16:44 PM
I really fail to see the so called capacity problems on the BR-a lot of the tridents are carrying round a lot of fresh air during the daytimes and cope fine in the peaks.

Well to stand by your argument you'll have to give the BR more running time during the day as if your 3minutes down equatesto an 8minute service gap - standing load into Northfield. As remember, NXWM do not allow the breech of speed limits, unlike your namesakes. (I've been on speeding diamond buses, again - one reason - crap timetables)

As for the X64, it'll be finishing in Woodgate, via Bartley Green and Newman College. Doesn't take a genius to work out the route.

49 still needs sorting in the peak. What was the route lost to accommodate a 10 minute 49E Solihull to Cotters?

I thought it was when the 69 Weoley Castle - Solihull was withdrawn that 49E's were introduced to maintain the frequency from the Maypole to Solihull.

I found out the links.  The 49E was introduced between Pool Farm and Solihull in 2009 when the 69 was curtailed to run to the Maypole only.  Then in 2010, the 49E's were extended to Cotteridge (when the 49 was extended to Weoley Castle).

Here are the links for the network reviews for anyone interested.

October 2009:  http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/web/FILES/South_Birmingham_DL.pdf

July 2010:

jnl1984

When is anything likely to be announced? Isn't this meant to be implemented soon?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

jnl1984

April? Hopefully they're still debtating whether to bring the 21 back ;)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: jnl1984 on February 11, 2014, 07:31:41 PM
April? Hopefully they're still debtating whether to bring the 21 back ;)

It's annoying though as they said February, then March, now April.

The thing is was saying that the 98 was going to Q.E. only and the 62 is returning.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 11, 2014, 07:29:43 PM
April now would you believe.

That explains the lack of registrations on VOSA, after keep putting the date back & back I hope these changes are better than the North Birmingham review 

the trainbasher

£50 on it actually finally getting implemented in July??

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 11, 2014, 09:06:42 PM

I'm thinking it might get put back further until any of the new buses arrive

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 11, 2014, 09:06:42 PM

Probably be September in all honesty as then it'll coincide with new buses, new rotas, new duties. [And not changing them for 2 months then again for Summer rotas]
until it cought fire

Roy

If they're aiming for implementation on 27 April, then I would expect to see changes appear on the VOSA website either late this week or next week.   

Steve3229vp

Just a bit of fun, this is what I would do !!!

2  unchanged
3  to Shirley, no longer serving Acocks Green
4  NEW  City to Shirley replacing 31 (same route)
5  re-routed between Shirley and Solihull via Sharmans Cross (in place of 31)
6  unchanged
S5 NEW  Solihull to Acocks Green via Widney, Monkspath (5 route) to Shirley then replacing route 3 to Acocks Green
31/31A replaced by route 4
49  withdrawn between Solihull and Cotteridge, extended from Weoley Castle to Four Dwellings via Barnes Hill, West Boulevard and Ridgacre giving good links with ASDA in California.
X64 withdrawn between Merritts Brook and Rubery
79  NEW Solihull to Cotteridge (in place of 49)

Remember this is just a prediction and just a bit of fun !!!

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 24, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

2  unchanged
6  unchanged
S5 NEW  Solihull to Acocks Green via Widney, Monkspath (5 route) to Shirley then replacing route 3 to Acocks Green
49  withdrawn between Solihull and Cotteridge, extended from Weoley Castle to Four Dwellings via Barnes Hill, West Boulevard and Ridgacre giving good links with ASDA in California.

Nice ideas. I did at some point in the past suggest renumbering the 31 to the 4, to keep it in 'sequence' with the other Stratford Road routes (2,3,5 and 6).

I think the 31/A will see some major changes; it needs to come away from the Stratford Road, I believe one of the proposals was to have it use Small Heath Highway and Coventry Road then Yardley Road to Acocks Green, rather than get snarled up in the Stratford Road traffic.

Your S5 suggestion is also quite realistic; certainly it seems NXWM are keen to break up the 5 route into two, one of the proposals was to reroute the 76 to serve Newborough Road and Baldwins Lane so the 5 could continue along the Stratford Road to Shirley, your suggestion makes good sense, and the S5 could be run by another operator.

Bizarrely, to add to your list, was a decent suggestion by Reiss from my Facebook page! As another proposal was to curtail both the 58 and 59 services at Swan Island to improve reliability (and add more 60 journeys), his idea was to combine both routes to run Kingshurst to Solihull via Swan Island.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

2  unchanged
6  unchanged

Good ideas there; certainly makes sense and like the S5 and 4 idea. Wouldn't mind the 76 cutting off Robin Hood island as that is a pain at times with getting out of Robin Hood Lane and cars cutting buses up.

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on February 24, 2014, 01:33:36 PM

2  unchanged
6  unchanged

Nice ideas. I did at some point in the past suggest renumbering the 31 to the 4, to keep it in 'sequence' with the other Stratford Road routes (2,3,5 and 6).

I think the 31/A will see some major changes; it needs to come away from the Stratford Road, I believe one of the proposals was to have it use Small Heath Highway and Coventry Road then Yardley Road to Acocks Green, rather than get snarled up in the Stratford Road traffic.

Your S5 suggestion is also quite realistic; certainly it seems NXWM are keen to break up the 5 route into two, one of the proposals was to reroute the 76 to serve Newborough Road and Baldwins Lane so the 5 could continue along the Stratford Road to Shirley, your suggestion makes good sense, and the S5 could be run by another operator.

Bizarrely, to add to your list, was a decent suggestion by Reiss from my Facebook page! As another proposal was to curtail both the 58 and 59 services at Swan Island to improve reliability (and add more 60 journeys), his idea was to combine both routes to run Kingshurst to Solihull via Swan Island.

That's actually not a bad idea, but wasn't the 59 implemented to replace the 54?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk