News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Southern Birmingham + Solihull Bus Route Consultation

Started by Matt.N0056, October 19, 2013, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

The 54 was replaced with an enhanced frequency on the 55

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Sayeed_M on January 30, 2014, 02:18:20 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 29, 2014, 09:55:24 PM
As for the X64, it'll be finishing in Woodgate, via Bartley Green and Newman College. Doesn't take a genius to work out the route.
So 21 route not going to be reinstated then, :( and what the frequency is going to be?

Sorry, didn't realise you posted this. According to my sources, the 21 isn't EVER going to be reinstated, the management is totally against it. (Although it has been said for the renumbering but it's going to be nothing like the original 21) Frequency is still 30mins or so I'm told.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 03, 2014, 05:12:20 PM
As for the X64, it'll be finishing in Woodgate, via Bartley Green and Newman College. Doesn't take a genius to work out the route.
So 21 route not going to be reinstated then, :( and what the frequency is going to be?

Sorry, didn't realise you posted this. According to my sources, the 21 isn't EVER going to be reinstated, the management is totally against it. (Although it has been said for the renumbering but it's going to be nothing like the original 21) Frequency is still 30mins or so I'm told.

They changes were registered with VOSA on Friday, so will be happening in 8 weeks

Sh4318

Quote from: Ashley on March 03, 2014, 02:47:50 PM
The 54 was replaced with an enhanced frequency on the 55

..and the 55A, which was later introduced, and the 59 covered the Fordbridge Road part of the 54
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2014, 06:35:01 PM

They changes were registered with VOSA on Friday, so will be happening in 8 weeks

Any idea when these are likely to appear on the VOSA website? This week possibly? Once services have been registered, how long does it usually take for them to get accepted and published?

Alternatively, I don't suppose you have any snippets you could share/tease us with?  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 03, 2014, 07:42:45 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2014, 06:35:01 PM

Any idea when these are likely to appear on the VOSA website? This week possibly? Once services have been registered, how long does it usually take for them to get accepted and published?

Alternatively, I don't suppose you have any snippets you could share/tease us with?  ;)

I am not allowed to post anything I know until it is the public domain via another means

Stu

Fair enough, no harm in asking though! I'll keep my eyes peeled on the VOSA website then! Just waiting to see what changes (if any) there will be to the 3, 31 and 31A services!
My locals:

trident4370

Quote from: Stu on March 03, 2014, 08:13:06 PM
Fair enough, no harm in asking though! I'll keep my eyes peeled on the VOSA website then! Just waiting to see what changes (if any) there will be to the 3, 31 and 31A services!

Hopefully something will be done to stop the fresh air express! I just hope it won't be as disappointing as the failed North Birmingham Review was.

the trainbasher

Quote from: trident4370 on March 03, 2014, 09:53:51 PM

Hopefully something will be done to stop the fresh air express! I just hope it won't be as disappointing as the failed North Birmingham Review was.

Ah the North Birmingham Review - Nice and Pheasey does it!  :)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 03, 2014, 10:49:30 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on March 03, 2014, 09:53:51 PM

Ah the North Birmingham Review - Nice and Pheasey does it!  :)

I gather the plans weren't that Pheasible?

monkeyjoe

A few of the changes are on VOSA now. Highlighted in the changes April 27th thread.

Steve3229vp

I take it that there is no news of the up and coming changes in the Southern and Solihull Bus Review........The silence in deafening !!!!!

Stu

It's a month away, Network West Midlands will leave it all to the last minute again no doubt.

My locals:

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on March 27, 2014, 08:24:36 PM
It's a month away, Network West Midlands will leave it all to the last minute again no doubt.

It's pretty much definite as the following:

49 is being split. Can't remember where, but will be something like a 49H to a hospital or something. Sorry folks, mind issue and all..
61, 63 - Timetable is being re-done with some minor timing point changes.
45, 47 - Timetable changes and the 45 to Cofton Hackett via Longbridge Lane, Bristol Road South, Lickey Road and Low Hill Lane.
29, 29A - 29A to Holly Hill via the 49 and x64 route. Timetable amendments for the 29 etc
x64 - Curtailed to Woodgate, with the new 29 taking the slack and modified 49 route.

There is 100% two or more other dodgy changes of which I am without knowledge herein lack of remembrance.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk