News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by OH25, October 08, 2013, 03:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 09, 2013, 01:44:42 PM
Not really much to get excited about then

Which of the features are you not getting excited about? It has a lot of features not even mentioned yet

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2013, 12:30:26 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on October 09, 2013, 11:56:32 AM
The upstairs interior light on passenger side is already not working !

Probably because the driver has only one side switched on
Wouldn't be on the road if they weren't working

Is this really a reason that vehicles come off the road? As I often see buses out with quite clearly just one bulb gone with the ones either side of the missing bulb working so can't be down to it not being switched on, one I can definitely identify is 4001, upstairs on the left, others that often have bulbs out include the Gemini's which often seem to have a problem with flickering tubes

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2013, 02:16:42 PM

Which of the features are you not getting excited about? It has a lot of features not even mentioned yet

What is the little black speaker type thing on the ceiling at front upstairs?

B.C Driver

[/quote]

What is the little black speaker type thing on the ceiling at front upstairs?
[/quote]

I hope it a speaker where the driver can comminicate with the passengers without having to get out of the cab, ie to explain to passengers if the bus is going on diversion and where it will come back onto the route. I have often seen passengers smoking upstairs and wished I could tell them to put it out without having to go upstairs. I have suggested this for a good while, in London it is fitted to all their buses....
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

BU07 LGO

That's the light which wasn't working, also note the small black speaker thing at the front left

OH25

Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2013, 02:16:42 PM

so what features do these buses have then?

Dylan4579

I think it will talk

trident4370

Sadly I think you're right Dylan.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: BU07 LGO on October 09, 2013, 04:12:25 PM

That's the light which wasn't working, also note the small black speaker thing at the front left

Well that one light is surely a broken bulb, connection etc... as that single unit isn't on one switch surely

Tony

A bus shouldn't leave garage with an interior light out, although it will normally be allowed to carry on in service if it happens during the day.

4368 has 3 features fitted to help catch vandals and other crime committed on it which I am not going to list on here, but are not fitted to any other vehicle in the fleet at the moment, and are very innovative.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2013, 08:59:27 PM
4368 has 3 features fitted to help catch vandals and other crime committed on it which I am not going to list on here, but are not fitted to any other vehicle in the fleet at the moment, and are very innovative.

Smoke detectors? Linked to water sprinklers? That would be pretty useful, lol  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Is this an experimental vehicle to see if these features work Tony, and if they do will they be fitted to more vehicles in the fleet!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on October 09, 2013, 09:03:20 PM

Smoke detectors? Linked to water sprinklers? That would be pretty useful, lol  ;D

Would that be in case or catches fire, or to soak anybody who dares smoke on the vehicle?  ;D ;D ;D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Ejector seats would be the most effective...... 

BU07 LGO

A bus shouldn't leave garage with an interior light out, although it will normally be allowed to carry on in service if it happens during the day.

Like the pre chipped paint on the stair well to stop anyone else doing it!!?

I did seem to think the seat backs looked a little more glossy?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk