News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy41

Quote from: Squirrel on September 23, 2015, 04:08:31 PM
Increasing the frequency is all well and good...But sorting the reliability would have been a better place to start...

I used to use the 110 fairly frequently when the B9's were first introduced and yes, it had it's off days but generally it ran fairly well, but I've used it  few times recently and the punctuality has been shocking!

To be fair that has been solely down to the chaos on the Expressway. It's all open again now and you will notice a vast improvement pretty quickly. Anything that touches Aston or the Expressway has been crippled for months.

Justin Tyme

I rode on the 110 from Birmingham to Erdington and back this lunchtime.  Both buses were single decks and both were on time.

The first was a Citaro (I didn't keep the fleet number in my head - 3006?).  I missed the good leg room on Sapphires, but as with all Citaros it gave a relaxing ride as we travelled along the Aston Expressway.

The return trip was on Streetlite 3301.  This was quite good - no squeals or rattles, and no signs of straining at around 50 mph on the Aston Expressway.  The bus was smart outside and in, and contained 110 route maps on the inside coving panels.  Overall, not quite up there with the Enviro 400s, but not bad at all.

I've travelled on Sapphire Enviro 400s on the 110 quite a few times.  They seem to have more 'go' than NXWM 49xx Enviros.  Any idea why, anyone?

AV4248

Quote from: Justin Tyme on September 25, 2015, 10:35:32 PM

I've travelled on Sapphire Enviro 400s on the 110 quite a few times.  They seem to have more 'go' than NXWM 49xx Enviros.  Any idea why, anyone?

Probably down to the way the engine mapping/ECU has been set up.

John

Quote from: AV4248 on September 25, 2015, 10:45:18 PM
Probably down to the way the engine mapping/ECU has been set up.

Our Sutton Enviro400s are set up to change gear at 1500rpm, way too low and it is hard to get the power sometimes to accelerate. It's quite funny to watch the 110s out accelerate us in places

Dutsey

I saw a Sapphire Branded Streetlite working on the 9 yesterday morning, it hasn't taken long before being used off route.

Dylanbusboy45

3301 and 3019 were both on 110 today

John

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on October 03, 2015, 05:50:37 PM
3301 and 3019 were both on 110 today

3301 would be on the 110 as it is branded for it. Still not uncommon to get a Citaro on there either

BN

4716 here for MOT prep.

derningtona

Unusually these days, 4200 is on the Tamworth route 2 today.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

andy41

Quote from: derningtona on October 14, 2015, 04:42:15 PM
Unusually these days, 4200 is on the Tamworth route 2 today.

It's been on there every day since at least last Friday.

Busman Jamie

I hope not!!

Too good for Cannock!!

Steveminor

Yeah but anything is too good for cannock garage lol

KarlX96

Quote from: windy miller on May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM
If I catch a 110 bus in birmingham and ask for a fare to Tamworth Rail station do I pay for the outward journey to Victoria road (terminus) and then pay an additional fare to the rail station?

I think you the best bet would be to ask for a Day ticket which allows you to travel to Tamworth (any part of Tamworth), I think it's called a Midlands Daysaver so that means you can travel anywhere in the Midlands and out towards Tamworth. I think it should allow you to travel to the Rail Station in Tamworth.

Cheese

Quote from: KarlX96 on November 01, 2015, 06:00:49 PM
I think you the best bet would be to ask for a Day ticket which allows you to travel to Tamworth (any part of Tamworth), I think it's called a Midlands Daysaver so that means you can travel anywhere in the Midlands and out towards Tamworth. I think it should allow you to travel to the Rail Station in Tamworth.

The 110 doesn't serve Victoria Road - terminates at Corporation Street.  Not that far a walk from Corporation Street to the railway station, probably quicker than waiting for another bus to go 1 stop down Albert Road.

Just realised that the above reply was related to a post from 3 years ago....

Wright liberator

Arriva wright streetlight FJ64EVC on rt110 just left erdington 12:07 for Birmingham

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk