News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 14, 2015, 07:01:53 PM
Are the Streetlites only going to be used in the morning/evening?

You'd think, as that's the only time the frequency is increased. I'd guess they could stay out after the evening peak cause the loads then don't really warrant anything bigger
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 14, 2015, 07:01:53 PM
Are the Streetlites only going to be used in the morning/evening?

A Streetlite was on the 110 this lunchtime.

andy41

Quote from: Bob on September 13, 2015, 08:54:43 PM
I didn't say all of them rattled?  I said 3306 rattled quite badly. The NX e200s on the 154 aren't brilliant  but despite the same engine and gearboxas seem slightly more sprightly than the Streetlites.  I personally find the mercs fast smooth powerful and far superior to a Streetlite.  Plus the fact that Streetlites are possibly one of the ugliest monstrosities to ever appear on the road. Personal tastes I suppose

Personal taste? No, your policy is simple. Dart, Cadet, Pulsar, E200, E400, Streetlite, Volvo B10, Volvo B9 Gemini, Citaro..... If it's blue, it's rubbish.

Bob

That's just being ridiculous.  I've never said B10s,  E400s etc are rubbish. Some of arrivas Darts WE'RE rubbish as we're some particularly bad cadets and commanders. I've said Cannocks B9 deckers break down a lot cos they do. Doesnt mean they're a bad bus, more like a garage with a breakdown record like Cannock can't maintain them properly.  Didn't seem to break down half as much at Tamworth when they were on a more arduous route!

BN

Quote from: andy41 on September 15, 2015, 09:55:48 AM
Personal taste? No, your policy is simple. Dart, Cadet, Pulsar, E200, E400, Streetlite, Volvo B10, Volvo B9 Gemini, Citaro..... If it's blue, it's rubbish.

So true there Andy, no pleasing some.

OH25

New Single Decker (Sapphire 110 branded) bus
Just seen in Birmingham on the way out to go to Tamworth

Trident 4609

Quote from: OH25 on September 17, 2015, 11:50:57 AM
New Single Decker (Sapphire 110 branded) bus
Just seen in Birmingham on the way out to go to Tamworth

So they have finally removed the 1/2/2A vinyls then.  I'm sure it was reported one of the Streetlites was running on the 110 with the 1/2/A branding still applied?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Nathan on September 17, 2015, 11:55:52 AM
So they have finally removed the 1/2/2A vinyls then.  I'm sure it was reported one of the Streetlites was running on the 110 with the 1/2/A branding still applied?

The Streetline I saw and reported here on Monday (unfortunately I did not see the fleet number) did have 1/2/A branding.

Both Tamworth Streetlites now have 110 branding.

Jack6101

Why they on the 110 now plus what on the 1 2/a
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Jack6101 on September 17, 2015, 10:25:45 PM
Why they on the 110 now plus what on the 1 2/a

Streetlites are on the 1/2 etc.

3301/3302 transferred as the frequency of the 110 increased.

Stevo

Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2015, 08:01:04 PM
Yes NX would use an E200 if it needed a Platinum Single deck route, You don't moan about them on the 54 / 154. No Olympians has the three speed Voith the Metrobus had
I must disagree - the 3 speed Voith was fitted to many Olympians, for NBC and PTEs. 

Kevin

I'm curious about the Streetlites at Tamworth. Which decision was made first? Decrease the 1/2 and have surplus buses; or increase the 110 and find buses from somewhere?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dutsey

Saw a Streetlite at Basset Pole yesterday, looked very smart.

Squirrel

Increasing the frequency is all well and good...But sorting the reliability would have been a better place to start...

I used to use the 110 fairly frequently when the B9's were first introduced and yes, it had it's off days but generally it ran fairly well, but I've used it  few times recently and the punctuality has been shocking!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk