News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Do discount travel and RK have the new machines?

MasterPlan

I noticed on the Hagley Road, Five Ways stop for the 12, 12A, 13 & 13A it says 'National Express Service 420' where it'd usually say 'towards Bearwood' or something. What does that mean?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 10, 2020, 06:07:19 PM
I noticed on the Hagley Road, Five Ways stop for the 12, 12A, 13 & 13A it says 'National Express Service 420' where it'd usually say 'towards Bearwood' or something. What does that mean?
420 coach service to Wolverhampton stops there outside Morrisons.
Saw one at the Five Ways earlier, said Clarkes Of London on it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 10, 2020, 06:07:19 PM

It's going to be a 'data error' or something like that.

Prior to the Five Ways underpass closure, those three stops by Morrisons were mostly out of use, one was for the 126 (when it used to come up Islington Middleway), another was for Ring And Ride, and the other was for the 420 NX coach service.

Presumably in the bus stop database, as no public bus services called there, someone entered 'National Express 420' into the 'Direction' field value, so this could appear when the bus stop flag was printed off.

When Five Ways underpass was closed off and this stop was brought back into use, the public service numbers were added, but the 'Direction' field was never updated. (I have no idea if this coach service still stops there or not to be honest).

This'll be the same reason why on Court Road and Showell Green Lane in Sparkhill the flags still show 'Towards Yardley Wood', though the current 5 service that uses them doesn't go to Yardley Wood, while the previous 2 service did.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2020, 06:44:37 PM
Presumably in the bus stop database, as no public bus services called there, someone entered 'National Express 420' into the 'Direction' field value, so this could appear when the bus stop flag was printed off.

When Five Ways underpass was closed off and this stop was brought back into use, the public service numbers were added, but the 'Direction' field was never updated. (I have no idea if this coach service still stops there or not to be honest).
Hardly an error when the 420 still stops at Five Ways outside Morrisons.
Surely its on the flag because that's the stop it serves.
I've just confirmed it does and if you look at the stop map on Traveline WM you will see that the 420 still stops outside Five Ways Morriosns as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

An interesting thing I've seen on some of the flags in Coventry City Centre is that, instead of just a list of numbers, it has the numbers in a vertical list with the destination written next to them. Saw them on Corporation Street on Monday, but not all of the stops feature this.

I did also see a red and white NXWM single decker operating there, although I couldn't see what route it was on.

Busboy105

Quote from: ellspurs on March 11, 2020, 03:26:39 AM
An interesting thing I've seen on some of the flags in Coventry City Centre is that, instead of just a list of numbers, it has the numbers in a vertical list with the destination written next to them. Saw them on Corporation Street on Monday, but not all of the stops feature this.

I did also see a red and white NXWM single decker operating there, although I couldn't see what route it was on.
I believe Solihull has the same flag layout as well.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on March 11, 2020, 03:26:39 AM

The Red and White NXWM single decker bus that's operating in Coventry is porobably operating on either the WCC tendered 539 or 580 services.

Busboy105

The new flag for the Adderley Street 17 stop towards Small Heath now has the 60 alongside the 17 despite the 60 never serving the stop it serves the shelter before it. I don't know if it's an error or will the 60 stop there now because it does run alongside the 17 on the Coventry Road.
EDIT( a day later):
The X1 and the X2 now serve the shelter and the 17 and the 60 now serve the pole. Makes sense, considering that the 17 and the 60 run alongside each other on the Coventry Road and the X1 and the X2 run alongside each other on Small Heath Highway.

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 11, 2020, 01:47:53 PM
The Red and White NXWM single decker bus that's operating in Coventry is porobably operating on either the WCC tendered 539 or 580 services.

Indeed, on Thursday I saw a single red and white decker on Dunchurch Road, Rugby on the 580. Couldn't see what the load was like as it was filthy (which is a given from the roads it needs to take south of Rugby to get to the villages).

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on March 13, 2020, 05:15:22 PM
Indeed, on Thursday I saw a single red and white decker on Dunchurch Road, Rugby on the 580. Couldn't see what the load was like as it was filthy (which is a given from the roads it needs to take south of Rugby to get to the villages).

The 580 doesn't carry many passesngers.  I don't know about the 4539 though.

Changes to services on Colmore Row.
101/25/10 are moving onto the old Dudley Road stop.
Dudley Road routes are moving down Colmore Row and will stop at the bottom stop with the 126.
23/24 moving to a new stop on Colmore Row and 52 moving to a new stop on Livery Street.
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_ADDINFO_REQUEST?filterInfoID=8347_TfWM
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on June 17, 2020, 09:55:45 AM
Dudley Road routes are moving down Colmore Row and will stop at the bottom stop with the 126.
23/24 moving to a new stop on Colmore Row and 52 moving to a new stop on Livery Street.
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_ADDINFO_REQUEST?filterInfoID=8347_TfWM
This has to do with the Snow Hill works right??? Didn't know they'll change the stop allocations this early.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on June 17, 2020, 09:55:45 AM

Up Colmore Row, with it being the first stop.

SK68MEV

Noticed new bud stops at fox and goose today the look really good their and really suit the location
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk