News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dom on April 03, 2018, 11:08:21 PM
You're one to talk with your FoI requests!

Yeah yeah, whatever, DILLIGAF what you think. I'm entitled to an opinion just like everyone else, same as I'm entitled as a council taxpayer to know what frivolity the Combined Authority is coming up with such as swapping perfectly good bus shelters to poles or crap such as Whim.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Quote from: Jack on April 03, 2018, 10:57:52 PM
The green and yellow ones (from the late 90s) are like that too. Just so an advert display can be put into the side of a grey one.
Yes you are right at the City stop, the frequent non-limited stop services (33/51/52/52A) make it hard for the X51 and 907 to get into their Stop. Either put the 907 with the other 9** routes or swap the X51/907 Stop with the non-limited Stop services.

Has anyone seen the state of the shelter at the Reedswood Sainsbury's? Has no seats, half of the windows are missing (some dumped into the bushes) and you can barely stand inside it as it's full of trolleys. @Westy have you seen this one? It's a poxy small (I mean small) blue and orange one, may as well put a pole stop there, but TfWM don't want to fix it, so putting a Pole Stop up will probably save money

Know the stop you mean, but its not to often I go down as its slightly 'off the beaten track' to my normal route.

Jack

Bromford Drive, Sandown Road stop inbound has had its blue and orange shelter very recently  replaced with a grey one (with walls)! The blue and orange one wasn't that old.

Kevin

Had it confirmed by TfWM that the pole on Birchfield Road opposite Perry Barr bus station is indeed temporary, and the utility company responsible for the works are contributing towards a replacement shelter
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

karl724223

Any body seen the new bus stop poles and flag type they are putting up with a red reflective stripe running from top to bottom so at night when the lights of the  bus hits it it  lights up in red

Jack

Quote from: karl724223 on April 29, 2018, 08:49:34 PM
Any body seen the new bus stop poles and flag type they are putting up with a red reflective stripe running from top to bottom so at night when the lights of the  bus hits it it  lights up in red
The pole stop opposite Perry Barr bus station has those red reflective stripes.

Jack D

Are all stops getting it noticed one in brownhills has got the red stripe too.

I noticed today, that TFWM have not removed the 59A route number from the flag at the Old Yardley Park stop on Sedgmere Road in Yardley (towards Solihull on the 73). Though the service was withdrawn 13 months ago in June 2017.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Shady Lane, Aldridge Road inbound stop has recently reverted back to a pole stop. I remember the whole fiasco with getting a mini-shelter at that stop a couple of years ago.

The 46/907 stop at Perry Barr Bus station has been removed and a temporary stop with one those huge bases has appeared. I have a gut feeling the new shelter won't have walls just so money is cashed in from advertisers  ::)

MasterPlan

I see the 1A/76 stop on Aston Webb Boulevard still says 'Towards Northfield'...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Kevin

One I haven't noticed since the reintroduction of the 952, they moved the stop for it at Lower Tower Street (Newtown Row outbound) so it's now with the Aldridge Road services instead of with the 51. Don't understand the logic behind that

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on July 28, 2018, 01:43:34 PM
One I haven't noticed since the reintroduction of the 952, they moved the stop for it at Lower Tower Street (Newtown Row outbound) so it's now with the Aldridge Road services instead of with the 51. Don't understand the logic behind that
I noticed that too, nobody even uses it there outbound anyway so doesn't make a difference.

MasterPlan

Why is it that all buses around Smallbrook Queensway now only have one stop bar the 80/A? Why does it need both?

Also I notice the Smallbrook Interchange info has been updated. Everything apart from Weoley Castle that is that still states X64. More proof that they don't give a toss.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BK63 YWP

Seen a few red and grey pillared bus stops around in wordsley and amblecote road
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Kevin

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 07, 2018, 04:46:40 PM
Why is it that all buses around Smallbrook Queensway now only have one stop bar the 80/A? Why does it need both?

Too many buses likely, isn't enough space outside Boots for that many vehicles an hour to stop, even off peak it easily got chaotic there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk