News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dylan4579

Quote from:  Rhys Hand's twitter account
Silly boy putting that on a open forum.. I never caused a problem for you but maybe it's about time I did.
Has he noticed us??

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Dylan4579 on November 18, 2013, 06:00:28 PM

Quote from:  Rhys Hand's twitter account
Silly boy putting that on a open forum.. I never caused a problem for you but maybe it's about time I did.
Has he noticed us??

No, I think the date of that tweet is older then this topic.

Its probably about the previous arson-related tweets or his boyfriend getting his claws out! /facepalm
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on November 18, 2013, 08:39:38 AM
Guys guys guys, I can shed some light on this whole saga. Part of a business course at UWE calls for the student(s) to set up a bus/coach operation. The requirement is that they should set it up as if it is a real business with all the pr etc. This has caused some confusion before with people in Weston Super Mare turning up for their new bus service from W.C buses only to find the company didn't exist.
So now that's all cleared up we can move on.

Sorry for the late reply, just got back from the states.

That does make sense, however what I object to is the fact that Claribels are being falsely misrepresented on Facebook by someone with the 'CityFox Training' Facebook page who has edited it to appear as the Claribels page. And as Claribels themselves don't appear to have any 'web-presence' ie a website, official Facebook page or Twitter feed of their own, this fake Facebook page is turning up in Google search results, and could mislead genuine people looking for information on Claribels to go there and be misinformed.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

So these people have had to buy buses just for a uni project??!!

Steveminor

Don't know all the details about the course. I'm pretty sure you don't have to buy buses though. I do know that you are expected to set up a limited company & run it as if it were real. It is possible that some students take it a bit too far ie taking over already running business. There are several of theses companies out there if you look hard enough for them

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on November 18, 2013, 07:34:04 PM
Don't know all the details about the course. I'm pretty sure you don't have to buy buses though. I do know that you are expected to set up a limited company & run it as if it were real. It is possible that some students take it a bit too far ie taking over already running business. There are several of theses companies out there if you look hard enough for them

The company has bought two buses off rotala though...

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Steveminor on November 18, 2013, 07:34:04 PM

Well what sort of bloody stupid idea is that? I'm sorry Steve, but I'm totally against that. It makes no sense. And are the students supposed to fund this themselves? It costs real money you know.

And my point is; Run it as if it were real - but do it on a Closed Circuit. In addition if it has to be within the public domain - make a point of saying its fictional and make up "taken over" company names.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Steveminor

Not saying I agree with it I'm just trying to clear up any confusion on here.
Have they really bought any buses or is this just what is being said?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Steveminor on November 18, 2013, 07:57:38 PM

No, its true. And there's pictures on Twitter of the Darts with their 'logo' on
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 18, 2013, 07:59:16 PM

Yeah diamond sold them R220MSA and P401MLA

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 18, 2013, 07:59:16 PM

And confirmed on the Rotala fleetlists

Liverpool Street

Quote from: vinh1000 on November 18, 2013, 08:01:27 PM
https://twitter.com/CityFoxLimited

Well according to that they're affiliated with GreenBus, Kernowbus, National Express Coach, Claribels, and others. and even trained to give CPC Accredited Training!!

This Mr Hands must be very Handy as his specializes in everything. But he must be doing something with the bank manager as I'm sure the College doesn't pay for used PCV's
until it cought fire

Steveminor

Just looked at the twitter account & the photo of the cpc training is interesting as 5 of those people used to drive for the now defunct Acl travel & one of them left Acl to work for us at inonespin. So don't think it's his staff.

On another note I've just got off the phone to Matthew at claribels who has seen the Facebook site & is getting in touch with Facebook to get it closed down

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk