News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

The 424 extension to Queslett Asda seems to be doing well. Saw about 8/9 people on it towards the Asda when it passed me on Hassop Road earlier.
Credit to @Steveminor, you seem to be making the route better, even better there's no pointless 424E's.

Not used it yet but the 424's new terminus seems to be the old 934 terminus looking at the route map, will be weird seeing buses using that terminus again.

metrocity

Quote from: Jack on May 02, 2018, 09:16:57 PM
The 424 extension to Queslett Asda seems to be doing well. Saw about 8/9 people on it towards the Asda when it passed me on Hassop Road earlier.
Credit to @Steveminor, you seem to be making the route better, even better there's no pointless 424E's.

Not used it yet but the 424's new terminus seems to be the old 934 terminus looking at the route map, will be weird seeing buses using that terminus again.
It's a shame TFWM can't update the roadside publicity in good time. One of the flags along Aldridge Road heading towards Asda now served by the new 424 route is still showing "School Buses only"

Jack

Quote from: metrocity on May 02, 2018, 09:30:47 PM
It's a shame TFWM can't update the roadside publicity in good time. One of the flags along Aldridge Road heading towards Asda now served by the new 424 route is still showing "School Buses only"
Same can be said with the Monsal Road stop for the 952.
But the 15:26, 424 yesterday from Grindleford Road towards City was around ten minutes late. The 15:01 424 I saw this afternoon had around 8/9 people aboard and was around twelve minutes late. Great Barr school traffic must be taking its toll, not like the long layover they had at Haddon Road.

Steveminor

The stop on Aldridge rd will I'm assured have the 424 flag put on by next week plus timetable cases on the poles where tgere currently aren't any.
The pole in old horns rd (inside asda) has had the timetable case attached today.

Hopefully we can build a good customer base from this extension in order to ensure the long term survival of the service.

Great barr school traffic is causing a few delays however the new timetable is more resilient & has time built in to the run to allow the bus to catch up time.

Jack

Quote from: Steveminor on May 02, 2018, 09:53:41 PM
The stop on Aldridge rd will I'm assured have the 424 flag put on by next week plus timetable cases on the poles where tgere currently aren't any.
The pole in old horns rd (inside asda) has had the timetable case attached today.

Hopefully we can build a good customer base from this extension in order to ensure the long term survival of the service.

Great barr school traffic is causing a few delays however the new timetable is more resilient & has time built in to the run to allow the bus to catch up time.
A lot of happy people here that they've now got a direct bus to Asda.
Wouldn't it make sense if the route turned left onto Beeches Road, right onto Sandy Lane and left onto Aldridge (vice versa) to miss out the bulk of the Great Barr school traffic?
It's better than what the drivers previously use to do, miss out the Haddon Road stop and turn around at The Beeches.

Steveminor

You then have beeches junior & infant school traffic to deal with & really the inbuilt timing doesn't cause any real delay further down the route I.e we give the bus 10 mins between queslett & beeches pub where you only really need 5.

Jack

Quote from: Steveminor on May 02, 2018, 10:22:14 PM
You then have beeches junior & infant school traffic to deal with & really the inbuilt timing doesn't cause any real delay further down the route I.e we give the bus 10 mins between queslett & beeches pub where you only really need 5.
Fair enough, just a suggestion.

Steveminor

Plus going the way we do gets some funny looks from the residents of 424 beeches rd 🤣🤣🤣

Jack

YX17 NYU came up Hassop Road towards Asda running around 7/8 minutes late at 15:01 this afternoon. An elderly lady told me that the route takes to long and gets snarled up in traffic on the Aldridge Road, can't make my own judgement yet as not done it but will hopefully be able to do it tomorrow afternoon to see what it's like.

Michael Bevan

There's a Pulsar 2 on the 604 today. Just seen it heading through Kingstanding on a service to Warren Farm.

Jack D

Pulsar on 55 this morning was a bit wierd to see it on there after all this time having the white E200s

cris 99

E200 Parked up in the layby section at 10 presuming it had broke down normally dont sit there MX61BAV
17//72/73/97/X12

cris 99

I mean chelmsley wood it was sat with the school buses
17//72/73/97/X12

Jack

Re 424
The pole stop opposite Great Barr School heading towards Asda, still has 'School Buses Only' on the flag although the 424 serves it. All the stops on Aldridge Road between Shady Lane and Dyas Road don't have any timetables whatsoever. Not really Claribels fault, but not really acceptable considering the route has been going to Asda for the last two weeks.

Steveminor

TfWM are aware & I'm assured they are in production currently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk