News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Any business that can guarantee their income is a business on a sound footing, there aren't too many industries where you can guarantee an income amount over 12 months let alone 3, 5 or even 7 years.

Yes true tenders expire but you can always retain the tender or obtain more as theres always plenty of tenders each round.

winston

Guaranteed income doesn't always equate to a profit though, as some costs can be variable over the course of the 12 month period where the tender is a fixed price (I assume).

Steveminor

That's why you got to get your figures right.

Waiting for the 55/94 this afternoon and the 16:38 Claribel's 94 bus at Saltley Gate, drove straight past myself and other waiting passengers, despite the fact I clearly indicated that I wanted the bus to stop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

I have pm you regarding this incident.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2019, 02:21:23 PM
Guaranteed income doesn't always equate to a profit though, as some costs can be variable over the course of the 12 month period where the tender is a fixed price (I assume).
i think here the large groups have an competitive advantage over the excellent smaller companies such as Steve's as they are able to hedge their fuels and have much lower average insurance costs they do of course have much higher overhead fixed costs. TfWM tenders are now compared to Centro let for longer and different  terms and the other Steve who procures the Black Country tenders very well for TfWM  is always open to proposals from operators about how tenders should evolve an example being the business case and tender accepted by TfWM of the 14A replacing the 208 and the 54 & 54A being awarded to NXWM on the basis of a rerouting to cover the 55 tender interworking with some 10s and I think that is a good move forward. Steve is also very good at following up complaints made to him mainly by me of the 55 & 94 of them speeding by the island by the Boultbee Business Centre in Nechells Place I do not think most Claribells drivers except an accountant to be at the bus stop with "N" pass most users at that stop are NXWM ticket holders but Steve is always willing to sort out why his bus didn't stop & I thank him for that.

Trident 4194

Currently at beam international, there's a versa parked here looking abandoned, should have gone out at 12:20?

Steveminor

The vehicle allocated to the 75 was a pulsar today. The Versa was on other work.

Noticed recently that claribels 94 service is now showing RTI times on the bus stops and NX App.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on December 12, 2019, 05:05:52 PM
Noticed recently that claribels 94 service is now showing RTI times on the bus stops and NX App.

Ive used Claribels three times today. Timetabled times on the bus stops I've used.

Quote from: Gareth on December 12, 2019, 06:28:45 PM
Ive used Claribels three times today. Timetabled times on the bus stops I've used.
On the NX App today it said a Claribels Coaches 94 service was due in 2 minutes and was showing it in RTI at Fox and Goose at about 14:00.
And it was a Claribels bus that later turned up in 2 minutes, so definitely is there service that is showing RTI times.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on December 12, 2019, 06:36:32 PM
On the NX App today it said a Claribels Coaches 94 service was due in 2 minutes and was showing it in RTI at Fox and Goose at about 14:00.
And it was a Claribels bus that later turned up in 2 minutes, so definitely is there service that is showing RTI times.

How odd, it was Fox and Goose city bound stop that I used too a couple of hours earlier.

Steveminor

Dont know where this has come from as although Claribels buses have trackers fitted they DO NOT feed into the current rti system.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Steveminor on December 18, 2019, 08:14:36 AM
Dont know where this has come from as although Claribels buses have trackers fitted they DO NOT feed into the current rti system.
I use the TfWM app and this regularly shows live arrivals of Claribels buses at Nechelles Place Island.

Steveminor

I cant see how as our vehicle location is a closed system without any tfwm access, so how would they know how long till the bus arrives if they have no idea of its location.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk