News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passangers & Drivers

Started by Nathan4775, August 12, 2013, 10:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JoNi on August 21, 2013, 09:21:46 PM
While travelling on a new Enviro on the 900 this morning the deafening air conditioning came on.
I usually hate it but it drowned out a phone conversation a fellow passenger had from Coventry until they got off at Yardley. >:(
Every cloud has a silver lining full marks to the driver if he switched it on.
He didn't hang around either one of the best rides I've had on the 900 since the days of Lynxes years ago.  ;)

So do you passengers like to be driven fast?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

JoNi

The Enviros are more civilised than blasting along in a Trident unable to see out of front due to a handrail across your line of of vision upstairs. :)
I fondly remember back in the mid 80s when I used to catch finishing buses back to Birmingham, usually Metrobuses but once caught a Fleetline. 

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 21, 2013, 09:23:09 PM
While travelling on a new Enviro on the 900 this morning the deafening air conditioning came on.
I usually hate it but it drowned out a phone conversation a fellow passenger had from Coventry until they got off at Yardley. >:(
He didn't hang around either one of the best rides I've had on the 900 since the days of Lynxes years ago.  ;)

So do you passengers like to be driven fast?

Definitely!!! And yeah agree about that stupid handrail-the alx400s are horrid to be honest in general

JoNi

Been out in the real world this week.
As the Trident I was on left a bus stop it ground to a halt.
A yob who had just got off opened the bonnet and pushed the engine emergency stop button at....
Chelmsley Wood shopping centre on a 14.

BusUser79 don't shoot the messenger, but it has happened to me to me before in other places e.g. Coventry about the time of the riots.
If I Said Something every time I saw Something I could double the statistics but would it change passengers behaviour. I doubt it!

PM

To be fair, Im not going to slag off areas like chelmsley wood cos this is a problem in all our towns and cities. We need to accept it and take action not deny it doesnt happen and that it happens more in certain areas which is a FACT.

Liverpool Street

The problem is this damn politically correct country, if you could whollop a kid then I bet a lot of this trouble would disperse. Oh, but go ahead and shout me down for being against this system. Maybe when Sharia Law takes hold of this country then the trouble might subside...

I know the trouble has always been there but damn, it seems to have ballooned recently. Doesn't help the population forever booming either.. maybe its linked.

Whats your opinion on National Service?

Bit of food for thought there.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

I don't think drivers have control of when the air conditioning comes on and off

mranon

Think its stupid how people think they are clever by either damaging buses or switching them off. Thet are the type too that would claim if they hurt themselves. One bit of loose clothing caught in the pulleys ouch.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 21, 2013, 11:33:57 PM

I don't think drivers have control of when the air conditioning comes on and off

Sure they just have standard fans?

PM

Quote from: mranon on August 22, 2013, 07:01:35 AM
Think its stupid how people think they are clever by either damaging buses or switching them off. Thet are the type too that would claim if they hurt themselves. One bit of loose clothing caught in the pulleys ouch.

Or try to open doors early when the driver can just hold the doors close button then they cant get off the bus and get more and more cross!!

nitromatt1

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 22, 2013, 11:22:25 AM

I meant standard fans

Nathan4775

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 22, 2013, 01:20:41 PM

I meant standard fans

Drivers have control over the 'black fans' found inside the cab (: seen several drivers turn them on an off, not sure about Air Con though
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan4775 on August 26, 2013, 06:57:53 PM

I meant standard fans

Drivers have control over the 'black fans' found inside the cab (: seen several drivers turn them on an off, not sure about Air Con though

Well in Enviro400s I'm pretty sure drivers have no control over the fans. And no NXWM buses have air con, as if they'd splash out on that luxury!

Nathan4775

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 26, 2013, 07:04:10 PM

I meant standard fans

Well in Enviro400s I'm pretty sure drivers have no control over the fans. And no NXWM buses have air con, as if they'd splash out on that luxury!

On the enviros up stairs at the front, where doe the air come from that comes out the 4 little trays at the front ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan4775 on August 26, 2013, 07:16:01 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 26, 2013, 07:04:10 PM

I meant standard fans

On the enviros up stairs at the front, where doe the air come from that comes out the 4 little trays at the front ?

From the atmosphere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk