News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus stops not in use on Fazeley and Lawley Middleway and bus pass vaildity

Started by :D, August 09, 2013, 06:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:D

I was walking around Eastside area just outside Birmingham city centre. I've noticed bus stops on Fazeley street and it's not in use. I know this road sees plenty of buses going to garage, however I'd like to know which bus route served this road.

I know Lawley Middleway is in use by bus 14, however I can recall bus shelter being there long before bus 14 being diverted to serve this road. Which bus route served this road?

I have NXWM's term plus travel card, and it ends in few weeks, but my 16-18 photocard is already out of date, can I continue to use the travel card even though it was valid when I purchased it months ago?

Lastly, I can recall seeing someone with NXWM's scholar pass, but I tried to searching information relating to it, I can't find anything. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks

Tony

Quote from: :D on August 09, 2013, 06:52:13 PM
I was walking around Eastside area just outside Birmingham city centre. I've noticed bus stops on Fazeley street and it's not in use. I know this road sees plenty of buses going to garage, however I'd like to know which bus route served this road.

I know Lawley Middleway is in use by bus 14, however I can recall bus shelter being there long before bus 14 being diverted to serve this road. Which bus route served this road?

I have NXWM's term plus travel card, and it ends in few weeks, but my 16-18 photocard is already out of date, can I continue to use the travel card even though it was valid when I purchased it months ago?

Lastly, I can recall seeing someone with NXWM's scholar pass, but I tried to searching information relating to it, I can't find anything. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks

Fazeley Street used to be the 97 route

Yes you can use your term plus until it's expiry. 16-18 cards are valid for the purchase of tickets until the date shown, as you purchased your term plus when the 16-18 was in date that makes it valid.

Scholars passes are only purchased and issued by education authorities members of the public cannot buy one

:D

Thanks for quick reply, what are the differences between scholar and term plus pass?

Tony

Quote from: :D on August 09, 2013, 07:09:08 PM
Thanks for quick reply, what are the differences between scholar and term plus pass?

Scholar tickets are only valid Monday to Friday for journeys to or from School/College

Gareth

I had no idea scholars passes still existed. I found mine recently during a house move. The photo was from when I was about 5 or 6 in the mid 80s, and was valid until 1995. I'm so glad I didn't have that photo when I was 15!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk