News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T840MAK

Sadly there's too many people like this in this hobby. For example, First in West Yorkshire have always been open to having enthusiasts having a look around as long as they were sensible and were accompanied at all times - until two people managed to get into the depot, climb on damaged and withdrawn vehicles, and go around starting up buses and opening panels etc etc, and not leaving them as they were found...before revving buses, filming it and uploading it to YouTube.

Some people really do lack common sense, and I hope that this character has not ruined the chances for sensible enthusiasts to have a look around whilst following instructions of NX staff.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Bryan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 11, 2016, 09:26:13 PM
Very true @Dom, but the problem is that it only takes one "bus enthusiast" to go to a garage and talk like they own the place, or to go trespassing or stealing things from buses and the management of what ever company is involved then get a negative impression of all bus enthusiasts. As they say, it only takes one rotten apple in a fruit bowl to spoil the rest.

Was only just thinking, when i was young in the early 1970s and wanted to catch a bus from Stourbridge bus station, you didn't have to wait around as all the buses were left open, if it was a one man bus, you waited for the driver to get on and then everybody got up to pay there fare and show the driver there pass. You couldn't do that these days, as the driver probably wouldn't have much of a bus to drive when the vandals had finished with it.

I agree totally, your obviously from the same era as I am.

bensweeney14

I have my strong feelings who this is (being local to Nuneaton) - and the disgusting human being suspected has stole much more too..
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: bensweeney14 on June 12, 2016, 12:22:29 AM
I have my strong feelings who this is (being local to Nuneaton) - and the disgusting human being suspected has stole much more too..

I recommend getting in touch with NX management,
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

ARBB

Management  at Pensnett have said after the success of the open day last year they are looking to hold another open day in September 2017 to mark 20 years of the garage being open.

filbus1

Quote from: pndriver on August 06, 2016, 04:26:02 PM
Management  at Pensnett have said after the success of the open day last year they are looking to hold another open day in September 2017 to mark 20 years of the garage being open.
Just hope they don't pick Showbus weekend.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: filbus1 on August 06, 2016, 07:08:34 PM
Just hope they don't pick Showbus weekend.

Wow talk about ungrateful

filbus1

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 07, 2016, 01:51:46 PM
Wow talk about ungrateful
Makes no difference to me, I will be at Showbus anyway. By the way we ran a stall at last years open day for the benefit of the garage in all that wet weather so I don't think I'm ungrateful. Plus only having one stall we can't be in two places at once, think before you speak.

GeminiFan1991

Talk about quite the advance notice ! I look forward to this event as I did with last year's open day. I'm thinking NX might have a special selection of vehicles on display to commemorate such a anniversary !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

ARBB

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 07, 2016, 05:20:46 PM
Talk about quite the advance notice ! I look forward to this event as I did with last year's open day. I'm thinking NX might have a special selection of vehicles on display to commemorate such a anniversary !

Perhaps something in travel merry hill livery will appear

CL

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 07, 2016, 05:20:46 PM
I'm guessing the lineup may be similar to the last - but with some new additions like the Streetdeck.:

Platinum E400MMC (Pensnett's own if/when the X10 gets its upgrade), Crimson E400MMC, Crimson Streetdeck, Volvo B7RLE, Enviro 200 - along with some preserved buses - like 4001, etc...

I enjoyed last time, despite the rain - presumably if it does happen (hopefully) - then I'd hope to see more publicity surrounding the upcoming of the event; for example Facebook posts, Twitter, an announcement on the NX Site, and, of course, posters inside some buses.

IIRC, the only mention of the open day - aside from the forum - was some posters on some of PN's buses? I'd like to see some advertisement on other garages vehicles - like WN or WB? Just to spread the word around the rest of the Black Country; i.e. to a wider audience.

Quote from: pndriver on August 07, 2016, 05:32:19 PM
Perhaps something in travel merry hill livery will appear
Is that a promise?  :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ronnoc

This time, hopefully I am allowed to go :P

ARBB

Can't say @clayderman some members on here could wet themselves with excitement

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

ARBB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk