News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Busman Jamie on June 10, 2016, 08:30:31 PM
Why do it? Pick up the phome and ask for a visit or fo into reception and ask

It's not as easy as that. You need permission from Head Office to be able to go into a depot.

Busman Jamie

Ah I see, so wouldn't that person be better off doing this and getting permission? I think some people don't realise what actually goes on at a bus depot

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Busman Jamie on June 10, 2016, 08:36:22 PM
Ah I see, so wouldn't that person be better off doing this and getting permission? I think some people don't realise what actually goes on at a bus depot

People don't understand Health & Safety regulations depot's have to follow. It's not like an independent company where you can ask on the day. Arrangement's need to be sorted in advance.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 10, 2016, 08:23:11 PM
Don't these enthusiast's know about the rules and regulations? I don't think they're going to stop everything just to take an enthusiast around the paint shop! Did this enthusiast go to the Reception by any chance or walk straight in?

Basically turned up at the shutter door where buses go in and out telling staff he was coming in to photograph 4010!

GeminiFan1991

This is quite extreme ! I understand him going into the office and politely asking for a guided look around as their is no harm in asking but to barge in ! WA has loads of buses, many will be moving back and forth, his lack of concern for regulation could have potentially caused a serious incident.

I've visited 8 out of the 10 garages but they have all included me photographing from the road (Which is quite limiting) but I'm perfectly able to do so. I've asked managers for a look around but no response sadly.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Ally

This day in age, he's lucky he didn't spark some sort of security alert - I mean, how would anyone know what he's up to? - Apart from the obvious when he spoke out, but on CCTV though...

Over at Stagecoach's Nuneaton depot, the operations and engineering managers have recently taken one of the drivers into the office to look at a CCTV image of a certain sticky fingered rail and bus "enthusiast" who tends to frequent said driver's buses (Just to point out that the driver was completely innocent in all of this) sneaking round the depot on either a Sunday or Bank Holiday when there is nobody around most of the time, before jumping onto one of the buses and tearing out the destination blind and walking off with it. Probably the explanation for why 39690 is now going about with a load of loose wiring dangling about where its side blind used to be.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Will

Quote from: Tony on June 10, 2016, 08:51:41 PM
Basically turned up at the shutter door where buses go in and out telling staff he was coming in to photograph 4010!

If it's the same person who we all know it is (obviously mentioning no names) then why haven't National Express banned "person A" from entering any of there premises as I think if I was National Express now that's something that I would be arranging therefore if "person A" entered a yard or garage without authorisation then theoretically "they" would be trespassing
Stourbridge   125

Quote from: Will on June 10, 2016, 11:52:47 PM
If it's the same person who we all know it is (obviously mentioning no names) then why haven't National Express banned "person A" from entering any of there premises as I think if I was National Express now that's something that I would be arranging therefore if "person A" entered a yard or garage without authorisation then theoretically "they" would be trespassing

It's not the person your all think about cause he has being with me over the past couple of days.....
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Bryan

Quote from: 900 on June 11, 2016, 07:36:37 AM
It's not the person your all think about cause he has being with me over the past couple of days.....

Is that good news that there is more than one such person around blackening the names of responsible people? Such people should be prosecuted as they affect other law abiding enthusiasts.

Dylanbusboy45

Totally out of order. It's not like the 'good old days' when you could turn up at a garage and ask to look round. In fact when my dad was taken by his dad to depots circa mid to late 1980s Walsall was one of the harder depots to be let round but most were more than happy as long as you stayed away from the pits and told them when you were finished

filbus1

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on June 11, 2016, 06:05:30 PM
Totally out of order. It's not like the 'good old days' when you could turn up at a garage and ask to look round. In fact when my dad was taken by his dad to depots circa mid to late 1980s Walsall was one of the harder depots to be let round but most were more than happy as long as you stayed away from the pits and told them when you were finished
I agree about Walsall and Selly Oak was tough to get into too. Lea Hall, Acocks Green,Park Lane and Yardley Wood were always quite welcoming. We always asked permission by the way.

MW

Lol this reminds me of the time I went to PB back when I was 14 and found a running ALX400 in the back yard. I drove the bus like a metre forward lol. Didn't get caught doing it tho. Good times. They got strict at Walsall when the 1863-1877 Scanias were delivered and someone pinched some documents out of them if I'm right.

Stuharris 6360

Problem as we know, is that if people go to a garage and have that I can do whatever i want attitude, it then rubs off on everybody else. I do hope that this latest incident is nothing to do with anybody from this forum.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 11, 2016, 09:03:40 PM
Problem as we know, is that if people go to a garage and have that I can do whatever i want attitude, it then rubs off on everybody else. I do hope that this latest incident is nothing to do with anybody from this forum.

Not everyone is that impressionable to become a mindless bellend.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on June 11, 2016, 09:13:02 PM
Not everyone is that impressionable to become a mindless bellend.

Very true @Dom, but the problem is that it only takes one "bus enthusiast" to go to a garage and talk like they own the place, or to go trespassing or stealing things from buses and the management of what ever company is involved then get a negative impression of all bus enthusiasts. As they say, it only takes one rotten apple in a fruit bowl to spoil the rest.

Was only just thinking, when i was young in the early 1970s and wanted to catch a bus from Stourbridge bus station, you didn't have to wait around as all the buses were left open, if it was a one man bus, you waited for the driver to get on and then everybody got up to pay there fare and show the driver there pass. You couldn't do that these days, as the driver probably wouldn't have much of a bus to drive when the vandals had finished with it.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk