News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for the NXWM Operations Director

Started by NX OD, July 24, 2013, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Hi Simon,

NX have obviously recently made the additional plot of land adjacent to Pensentt garage more secure with new security fencing etc, do you anticipate moving any more of the reserve fleet there in the near future? or is this being prepared in advance to potentially house the reserve fleet currently stored at LH in the event a suitable offer is received for that garage?

I also understand that Pensnett garage was originally designed to accommodate 100 buses, the allocation is currently 117 buses with a number of functions having operated out of port-a-cabins dotted around the parking yard for a number of years, additionally I understand any spare capacity is very limited. Do NX envisage improving the depot infrastructure and potentially increasing the capacity of the garage via using a proportion of the adjacent land?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Winston on September 08, 2013, 03:42:59 PM
Hi Simon,

NX have obviously recently made the additional plot of land adjacent to Pensentt garage more secure with new security fencing etc, do you anticipate moving any more of the reserve fleet there in the near future? or is this being prepared in advance to potentially house the reserve fleet currently stored at LH in the event a suitable offer is received for that garage?

I also understand that Pensnett garage was originally designed to accommodate 100 buses, the allocation is currently 117 buses with a number of functions having operated out of port-a-cabins dotted around the parking yard for a number of years, additionally I understand any spare capacity is very limited. Do NX envisage improving the depot infrastructure and potentially increasing the capacity of the garage via using a proportion of the adjacent land?

Don't forget the original 100 max allocation was of B6's and Merc breadvans both of which significantly smaller than the current Mercs, Enviro's and B7's etc...

winston

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 08, 2013, 04:54:03 PM
Hi Simon,

Don't forget the original 100 max allocation was of B6's and Merc breadvans both of which significantly smaller than the current Mercs, Enviro's and B7's etc...

Not sure what size buses the original planning application was based upon, but it was based on 100 buses.

NX OD

Hi Simon,

The land is being made mor secure just so we have some measures against theft (and there have been some).  The actual use of the land is for reserve fleet only, whether that be from LH or elsewhere.  There are no plans to change the depot infrastructure.

andy

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 07, 2013, 10:26:16 AM

Moan Moan Moan. Personally i think it sounds like a positive change, what ever you do you are going to get moaners or some confusion on parts of the route over such a wide area. It's called progress and peeps should just get over it. :)

Calm down it was just an observation? Where did I say anything about it not being positive?

gc802002

Hi Simon,

Most interesting reading through this thread!

Will the 'New' 70 be ran by Singles or Deckers?

NX OD

Quote from: gc802002 on September 11, 2013, 12:02:29 PM
Hi Simon,

Most interesting reading through this thread!

Will the 'New' 70 be ran by Singles or Deckers?

Doubles.

Steve3229vp

Hi Simon,
After the North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review which turned out to be a disappointment, can you and NX give consideration to linking Good Hope Hospital with Perry Barr, Kingstanding, New Oscott, Perry Common etc without having to change buses in Sutton Coldfield which is OK during the daytime, but not in the evenings. May I suggest extending the 907 to pass the hospital to Falcon Lodge, they can then be on the same duties as 904's and will enable the drivers to change at Perry Barr Garage as they did in the 1990's when the 107's changed to 114/115 in Sutton.

bususer12

Quick question , the last couple of days there has been at least 1 b7 on the 126. Is there a decker shortage at wn? If there is would it be possible to remove deckers from the 27 first as the 126 needs deckers the 27 doesn't

nitromatt1

Quote from: bususer12 on September 12, 2013, 09:44:31 AM
Quick question , the last couple of days there has been at least 1 b7 on the 126. Is there a decker shortage at wn? If there is would it be possible to remove deckers from the 27 first as the 126 needs deckers the 27 doesn't

A lot of the deckers on the 27 lately are Spectras, which can't (or shouldn't!) be used on the 126, due to emissions rules.

The obvious solution would be to put these Spectras off the 27 on the 59, one or two Tridents from the 59 to the 126, and the B7RLE(s) from the 126 to the 27. However this may not always be possible for the allocator, due to the way buses are parked in the garage. If too many B7s are parked at the front then one is likely to end up on the 126.

bususer12

I only mentioned because first bus i saw was a 45xx trident in Dudley. Just seems silly to send one into city centre on am peak

Liverpool Street

Simon Mathieson,

Are you still working for NX?

This is a serious question and I would like to kill out all rumours.

L S
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 12, 2013, 08:38:17 PM
Simon Matheison,

L S

Rumours are flying today!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

notepanel

Simon Mathieson,

L S

I believe Simon is leaving NX at the end of the month.

Congratulations I guess! Where will you be moving on to?

winston

Quote from: notepanel on September 12, 2013, 09:10:00 PM
Simon Mathieson,

L S

I believe Simon is leaving NX at the end of the month.

Congratulations I guess! Where will you be moving on to?

Congratulations Simon on your new post, I'm sure NX will find it hard to fill your shoes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk