News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for the NXWM Operations Director

Started by NX OD, July 24, 2013, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Well done if you are leaving, better get those questions in.

With the introduction of the new 70 service, will that mean vehicle up grade (on current Bham - Coleshill Corridor) in line with this policy of growing passenger use on current corridors etc?  Pretty much of the new 70 will be a chuck from the previous 59/90, introducing part the links that went last time. Still all good though.

P419 EJW

If the rumour is true about Simon leaving the NX company, I'm sorry to hear about this. I wish Simon good luck.

Westy

Let's hope his replacement will join us on here.

I've had a bit of news locally from the guy who runs the Bloxwich Telegraph website & Facebook page.

It seems he's not happy with the recent 302 changes.

I've asked him to pop on here to outline his concerns so I've left the ball in his court whether he does or not.

Good luck in the new job Simon,  whatever it is.

gc802002

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 12, 2013, 08:38:17 PM
Simon Mathieson,

Are you still working for NX?

This is a serious question and I would like to kill out all rumours.

L S

Here in Dundee, We are loosing Paul Clark for a few months while he comes down to replace someone leaving NX. To Arriva according to jungle drums. Kevin who has been up from Birmingham for a few weeks will do Paul's job for 4 months.

winston

Quote from: gc802002 on September 13, 2013, 06:14:28 AM
Simon Mathieson,

L S

Here in Dundee, We are loosing Paul Clark for a few months while he comes down to replace someone leaving NX. To Arriva according to jungle drums. Kevin who has been up from Birmingham for a few weeks will do Paul's job for 4 months.

Fingers crossed that Simon isn't defecting to Arriva Midlands  ;)

notepanel

Quote from: Winston on September 13, 2013, 10:41:32 AM
Simon Mathieson,

L S

There was recently two posts with Arriva Midlands advertised - Area Director for either West or East Midlands!

winston

Quote from: notepanel on September 13, 2013, 11:19:05 AM
Quote from: Winston on September 13, 2013, 10:41:32 AM
Simon Mathieson,

L S

There was recently two posts with Arriva Midlands advertised - Area Director for either West or East Midlands!

Exactly, plus Arriva Midlands have been taking on other NXWM management, I suspect they do have medium/longer term plans for the West Midlands

NX OD

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 12, 2013, 11:56:46 PM
Well done if you are leaving, better get those questions in.

With the introduction of the new 70 service, will that mean vehicle up grade (on current Bham - Coleshill Corridor) in line with this policy of growing passenger use on current corridors etc?  Pretty much of the new 70 will be a chuck from the previous 59/90, introducing part the links that went last time. Still all good though.

Hi,

There is no vehicle upgrade for the 70 planned at the moment.

NX OD

Quote from: Steve3229vp on September 11, 2013, 03:52:07 PM
Hi Simon,
After the North Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield Review which turned out to be a disappointment, can you and NX give consideration to linking Good Hope Hospital with Perry Barr, Kingstanding, New Oscott, Perry Common etc without having to change buses in Sutton Coldfield which is OK during the daytime, but not in the evenings. May I suggest extending the 907 to pass the hospital to Falcon Lodge, they can then be on the same duties as 904's and will enable the drivers to change at Perry Barr Garage as they did in the 1990's when the 107's changed to 114/115 in Sutton.

Hi,

It was considered at the time but extending it to Falcon Lodge does not stack up financially.  We would like to extend it just to the hospital but there is nowhere to turn the bus quick enough to avoid lots of extra cost.

NX OD

Hi all,

It is true that I am leaving and my last day with NX will be 27th September, although my last week will be holiday.

I am leaving to join Arriva Midlands in the Leicestershire and Derbyshire areas as Area Director.

It was a difficult decision to leave.  I have been here 5 years, covering 4 jobs at BC, Dundee, Black Country and my current role.  I also worked for TWM when I was at Aston University in 2000/2001 so I have a long association with the firm.  I still miss Hockley!

In light of my departure I will answer questions here up to the end of Monday 16th September, after which I will answer no more as it would seem to be inappropriate.  I have enjoyed talking to you all on here so thank you.  I will keep an eye on the forum anyway as this is more than a job to me.

Liverpool Street

Do you know who'll be taking your role at NX?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

NX OD

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 13, 2013, 01:55:44 PM
Do you know who'll be taking your role at NX?

Bob Emery will cover for me until a permanent replacement is found.

winston

Quote from: NX OD on September 13, 2013, 01:48:01 PM
Hi all,

It is true that I am leaving and my last day with NX will be 27th September, although my last week will be holiday.

I am leaving to join Arriva Midlands in the Leicestershire and Derbyshire areas as Area Director.

It was a difficult decision to leave.  I have been here 5 years, covering 4 jobs at BC, Dundee, Black Country and my current role.  I also worked for TWM when I was at Aston University in 2000/2001 so I have a long association with the firm.  I still miss Hockley!

In light of my departure I will answer questions here up to the end of Monday 16th September, after which I will answer no more as it would seem to be inappropriate.  I have enjoyed talking to you all on here so thank you.  I will keep an eye on the forum anyway as this is more than a job to me.

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear you are leaving NX, I'm sure you moving on will be a big loss to NX and us on the forum, it's a pity NX couldn't have persuaded you to stay on!

Best wishes for the future! ;)

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: NX OD on September 13, 2013, 01:48:01 PM
Hi all,

I've seen a big improvement since you've been at the company, Simon, and we're all grateful that you have spent time with us answering questions. All the best for your new job. :)

Can I ask why you wanted to move to 'the other side'?

Stu

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear you'll be leaving NX soon, but would also like to wish you all the best in your new role with Arriva.

Thanks again for taking the time (and judging by some of the times that you have posted at, your own personal time) to respond to our questions here, they have been most informative and helpful.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk