News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

QuoteI have been reading the 72 is having to be curtailed sometimes in c wood due to yobs in the Yorkshire drive area.
Read that somewhere too, not a surprise that area is full of yobs and uneducated youth damaging buses 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 22, 2024, 07:21:13 AMI have been reading the 72 is having to be curtailed sometimes in c wood due to yobs in the Yorkshire drive area.
*Yorkminster Drive

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/chelmsley-wood-bus-route-yobs-29776424

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

a4 funcool 2022

Quote from: BBS on August 22, 2024, 08:31:55 AMRead that somewhere too, not a surprise that area is full of yobs and uneducated youth damaging buses
Is this starting to happen like the Walsall incidents on the 29?

Ynot Hump

7502 fresh transfer from PB to AG had its saloon door smashed by yobs on Wednesday 21/08 whilst on the 72 service.

Ingleboro261F

That's probably why there was an article about the buses being diverted.

Stu

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on August 23, 2024, 03:00:34 PMThat's probably why there was an article about the buses being diverted.
The article I linked to was referring to an incident last Friday (16th) where a bus shelter was set on fire and bricks were being thrown at buses.

When I was a kid, during the school holidays, me and my younger brother would go off with our friends to the local park and play football all afternoon, or we'd get ourselves 'Daytrippers' (as they used to be known) and we'd go off on buses and trains 'exploring' and visiting new places.

I don't want to tar all with the same brush, but much of today's youth don't seem to have any idea of entertaining themselves, beyond wanton destruction and causing a nuisance through acting uncivilised.

"Boredom" is no excuse, and you can't blame a lack of youth centres/facilities.
My locals:

SCS

I've just personally never understood why people smash up public transport and it's infrastructure. If someone was giving you a lift in a car to head wherever, you wouldn't leave litter on the floor, scratch up the windows, wreak the seats, kick the doors in, etc. So why do the same to a bus? 

Like Stu, I use the buses as a bit of a getaway for the day. Independence at a very good price, especially as a student. As much as I am qualified to drive, it's much simpler to just take a bus into town or a local area. If the few keep destroying and ruining the service that's there, it'll take it away for the majority that use it and need it.

I try to pick up any rubbish off the floor (especially empty cans, they're just annoying as anything rolling around everywhere). Just small simple things to make public transport better for everyone else that uses it. Maybe that logic is just too complex and difficult to comprehend for some.

Apologies if I've gone a bit overboard and off topic, just thought I'd chip in after hearing it was a local service to me that was affected.

Stevo

I rode on 6709 on the 4 to city on Wednesday; a couple had their feet on the seats and after chewing away on sweets and sharing a drink from a can just left the bag and the can on the rear seat. I glared at them...

Stu

Quote from: Stevo on August 24, 2024, 11:17:45 AMI rode on 6709 on the 4 to city on Wednesday; a couple had their feet on the seats and after chewing away on sweets and sharing a drink from a can just left the bag and the can on the rear seat. I glared at them...
It honestly makes you wonder what these people are like at home...
My locals:

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on August 15, 2024, 07:17:36 PMAnyone looking for 6148 in heritage livery, it is unlikely to be seen on the road until 1st September when it is planned to go to Blackpool for BDoY
Fine by me, I'm not visiting until the week after. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Ynot Hump

markcf83

Quote from: Stu on August 24, 2024, 11:24:53 AMIt honestly makes you wonder what these people are like at home...

Wayne and Waynetta Slob spring to mind..... 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Mayfield

Quote from: Ynot Hump on August 24, 2024, 12:48:12 PMHere is a photo I took

AG Heritage
Wouldn't Birmingham be great if these were fleet colours 

Ingleboro261F

7504 first day out after transfer

Ingleboro261F

Also incorrectly tracking as 4 instead of 4A

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk