News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on September 09, 2024, 07:14:17 PMThis question I think doesn't apply to any of the threads and I don't feel like making a entire new thread because of this one question so I will ask it in my home garage, does NX drivers specifically have to wait for the doors to fully close when departing a bus stop? Drivers of other companies e.g diamond close doors and move at the same time when departing from a bus stop.
NX vehicles have an interlock. Though some buses it seems to be bypassed, i.e some Tridents and some E400's can also open before the bus has come to a complete stop.

Ingleboro261F

Thanks, never knew why they did this until now

Tony

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on September 09, 2024, 07:14:17 PMThis question I think doesn't apply to any of the threads and I don't feel like making a entire new thread because of this one question so I will ask it in my home garage, does NX drivers specifically have to wait for the doors to fully close when departing a bus stop? Drivers of other companies e.g diamond close doors and move at the same time when departing from a bus stop.
Yes, all NX buses were fitted with interlocks after an accident where someone attempted to board as the bus was pulling away and got dragged along by the bus. It was the advice given at the hearing to the accident.

Jack

Quote from: Tony on September 09, 2024, 07:46:27 PMYes, all NX buses were fitted with interlocks after an accident where someone attempted to board as the bus was pulling away and got dragged along by the bus. It was the advice given at the hearing to the accident.
Was they? I recall none of the Solo's, Excels or Spectra's or MPD Darts having them. 

MW

Not all the buses have Door Interlocks - working ones anyway... and that particular bus is lovely during the peaks! The doors automatically close after approx 10km/h. Perfect! 

Tony

Quote from: Jack on September 09, 2024, 07:47:27 PMWas they? I recall none of the Solo's, Excels or Spectra's or MPD Darts having them.
I ever said they all had them them. If you read my comment it says 'AFTER AN ACCIDENT' which happened as those vehicles were being withdrawn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk