News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Stu on July 01, 2024, 07:17:09 PMBy 'licence' do you mean you had permission from TfWM?

Wrong, bus stations are private property. And there's no such organisation as 'Travel for West Midlands'. :rolleyes:

Bus stations are owned by TfWM (Transport for West Midlands) which is part of the WMCA (West Midlands Combined Authority). The public are permitted to access parts of the station in order to use bus services.

Have a read of the following:
http://thetransportlens.co.uk/where-can-you-take-photographs

due to health issues i have allowed it to lapse anyway, so where do i obtain a new written permission please ?
i do not use a tripod, my camera is usually in my hand or my pocket (when not in use) where i stand is irrelevant but im in now an obstruction or nuisance i prefer to be behind a notice board or some such so i have something to lean against, at DY i was always between the barrier and notice board by the Travel Office, visible only to vehicles in the bus station - at Coventry even in the street i have had Staff come out and try to confiscate my Camera, at Digbeth they claim ownership of the Pavement the Road, Coach Station and anywhere a  vehicle can be photographed from. West Brom claim everything on the same side of the road as the bus station inc, road. 
AG however, when buses are waiting outside top be called in and fuelled ive been invited inside as far as the end of the old fuelling are, several fitters know me and have often invited me inside (i know they shouldnt but an invitation is an invitation) not been inside AG since the last Metrobus left. 
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

paulb1973

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on July 03, 2024, 10:40:35 PMdue to health issues i have allowed it to lapse anyway, so where do i obtain a new written permission please ?
i do not use a tripod, my camera is usually in my hand or my pocket (when not in use) where i stand is irrelevant but im in now an obstruction or nuisance i prefer to be behind a notice board or some such so i have something to lean against, at DY i was always between the barrier and notice board by the Travel Office, visible only to vehicles in the bus station - at Coventry even in the street i have had Staff come out and try to confiscate my Camera, at Digbeth they claim ownership of the Pavement the Road, Coach Station and anywhere a  vehicle can be photographed from. West Brom claim everything on the same side of the road as the bus station inc, road.
AG however, when buses are waiting outside top be called in and fuelled ive been invited inside as far as the end of the old fuelling are, several fitters know me and have often invited me inside (i know they shouldnt but an invitation is an invitation) not been inside AG since the last Metrobus left. 
I've been taking pictures with my trusty Nikon DSLR camera for years at Pool Meadow - never ever had a problem. I normally position myself on that path on the far side alongside the Ring Road. I've never had the need to carry any 'permit' and I've never seen anyone else carrying one of these either.

You say you were challenged at Coventry - was this a Security Guard, Manager, cleaner? Did you ask for identification? I'm normally tactful and try to 'blend in' - discretion is the word.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk