News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Kevin on May 04, 2019, 03:10:27 PM
Not an assumption. I don't claim to know what every passenger thinks, I just said that there are people that think that. That is a fact. I accept there are people that also don't think that, because that is also a fact.

I said "originally". So referring to the X51, X1/2, 934/5/6. The people I mention above are, strangely enough, passengers on those routes.
How many passengers have you asked then?
I use X1/X2 all the time, never heard anyone complaining that its being devalued or that other routes are getting platinum. Most passenger on the X1 wouldn't really be bothered whats being used on 82/87, etc if they don't use them.
Not sure why you consider these routes to be more important than any other main road route either. Lots of other just as busy routes.
Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 04, 2019, 03:20:30 PM
I would rather have lower spec buses and cheaper fares. I'm sure most would also agree with me.
Have a look at other operators fares @Trident 4194 in other places. NX fares are already some of the lowest.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

I would rather have lower spec buses and cheaper fares. I'm sure most would also agree with me.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on May 04, 2019, 03:17:14 PM
How many passengers have you asked then?
I use X1/X2 all the time, never heard anyone complaining that its being devalued or that other routes are getting platinum. Most passenger on the X1 wouldn't really be bothered whats being used on 82/87, etc if they don't use them.
Not sure why you consider these routes to be more important than any other main road route either. Lots of other just as busy routes.

Good for you. I can count maybe 8 friends/ family, say 20ish acquaintances / fellow commuters that I used to speak to when I was an X51 regular, that felt that way. Equally I know of others that don't, yourself obviously in that camp. And so be it, just saying that there are people that have the viewpoint that Express routes deserve a bit of niceness (that even a word?)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 04, 2019, 03:20:30 PM

No because passengers are not paying extra for fares on Platinum buses

Tony

Quote from: John on May 04, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
No because passengers are not paying extra for fares on Platinum buses

Lower spec E400MMC, let's say is £20,000 cheaper (don't know the exact figure). Over the 18 year life of the the bus that works out at about £3 per day, so if a bus carries 300 passengers that means you could reduce fares by 1p!

mesub

As long as practically all of the network (exluding routes that must run single deckers due to low bridges etc) isn't Platinum, then I don't think it's defaced as a brand.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

monkeyjoe

Random when did they change the 28 Sunday bank holiday display to say "old oscott " rather than dyas Rd ?

Jack

@cris 99, can't see a 7 branded E400 on the 16 noteworthy... its off route yes, but the 16 is allocated E400's for now.

BK63 YWP

With the X7 being withdrawn next week, will the 907 in the future be renumbered to the X7?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

mesub

The 16 is becoming platinum, I wonder if they'll still squeeze past the buses at new street!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SK68MEV

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but the 94 has seen a increase in e400s on there wonder if Ex 16's are heading there
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Gareth

Quote from: SK68MEV on June 06, 2019, 03:30:35 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but the 94 has seen a increase in e400s on there wonder if Ex 16's are heading there

Unless there's a load on there today. There hasn't really been that much of an increase apart from it being maybe a daily occurrence rather than weekly. There's often the odd one every now and again, and this hasn't really changed that much over the past couple of weeks.

SK68MEV

Quote from: Gareth on June 06, 2019, 07:08:19 PM
Unless there's a load on there today. There hasn't really been that much of an increase apart from it being maybe a daily occurrence rather than weekly. There's often the odd one every now and again, and this hasn't really changed that much over the past couple of weeks.
there was 4 or 5 on there today
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

monkeyjoe

I  know I moan about the lack of investment  on the 94s and that was previously from observation from driving. I can now honestly say after being on one today I'm right, it was disgusting I dont remember them looking this trashed back in 90s. All the blue interior just smeared with dirt and rust all over them. Can honestly say got a long way if nxbus are going to  switch me out my motor. Wow I knew they were old but Christ. Felt the need to get that off my chest. On a positive drive was polite and not covered in trash.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 12, 2019, 05:04:39 PM
I  know I moan about the lack of investment  on the 94s and that was previously from observation from driving. I can now honestly say after being on one today I'm right, it was disgusting I dont remember them looking this trashed back in 90s. All the blue interior just smeared with dirt and rust all over them. Can honestly say got a long way if nxbus are going to  switch me out my motor. Wow I knew they were old but Christ. Felt the need to get that off my chest. On a positive drive was polite and not covered in trash.

I'd like to know where the 'rust all over them' was As there is no steel you can see, so impossible for rust!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk