News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aSingh

What's the pvr for the 16?
Singh

winston

Quote from: aSingh on May 02, 2019, 09:45:26 PM
What's the pvr for the 16?

Not sure on the actual pvr, but there were 12 x E400's branded for the 16, assume the Pvr will be 14+

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: busboy31 on May 02, 2019, 05:23:48 PM
7/101 will get platinums due to the debranding of the E400s
the 7 and the 101 isn't getting platinums as they still have the branding for both routes. I have no idea why the 16 is getting platinums as they'll be trashed after the first week
Bus Driver
61 - Birmingham ➡️ Frankley
63 - Birmingham ➡️ Longbridge ➡️ Frankley

Sh4318

Quote from: mrboshell on May 04, 2019, 08:08:56 AM
the 7 and the 101 isn't getting platinums as they still have the branding for both routes. I have no idea why the 16 is getting platinums as they'll be trashed after the first week

Probably because it's the most frequent route that PB have
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

It has competition from Diamond.

Jack

I agree with you, 16 fine with it's E400's. I dont understand why the new buses have to be Platinum though. It's a shame because Crimson is lovely, it would be of been nice to see the 16 upgraded to Crimson E400MMC's that would have similar features to the high spec Platinums.

Quote from: Jack on May 04, 2019, 11:48:45 AM
It's a shame because Crimson is lovely, it would be of been nice to see the 16 upgraded to Crimson E400MMC's that would have similar features to the high spec Platinums.
Why shouldn't new buses be platinum.
Platinum has clearly lead to increased patronage on other routes. I saw it mentioned somewhere that the X1/X2 have seen an increase in passengers following the Platinum upgrade. NX probably are just doing the same and trying to increase passenger numbers on other routes. Which is why the new buses are platinums.

Quote from: Gareth on May 04, 2019, 12:15:02 PM
When the 16 had brand new Volvo B7 were they trashed after a week? No
When the 16 had brand new Omnilink were they trashed after a week? No
When the 16 had a batch of freshly refurbed E400 were they trashed after a week? No

See a pattern here?
People on here claimed the 11 and 74 shouldn't have newer buses as they'd be "trashed after a week" as well, I've been on loads of the MMC on the 11 and not seen a single one looking trashed after 5 months.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

When the 16 had brand new Volvo B7 were they trashed after a week? No
When the 16 had brand new Omnilink were they trashed after a week? No
When the 16 had a batch of freshly refurbed E400 were they trashed after a week? No

See a pattern here?

B.C Driver

I disagree that the new Platinums on the 16 would get trashed.

However, I don't understand why the Platinum brand is being spread across so many routes. Soon Bham city centre will be a sea of grey. Grey is a dull colour.

Why not just offer new buses in crimson with USB ports, Wifi and extra legroom and advertise the fact they have these extras.

There's been no new Crimson buses since 2015 unless I'm mistaken.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

CL

Quote from: B.C Driver on May 04, 2019, 01:06:18 PM
I disagree that the new Platinums on the 16 would get trashed.

However, I don't understand why the Platinum brand is being spread across so many routes. Soon Bham city centre will be a sea of grey. Grey is a dull colour.

Why not just offer new buses in crimson with USB ports, Wifi and extra legroom and advertise the fact they have these extras.

There's been no new Crimson buses since 2015 unless I'm mistaken.
I think that's the point @Jack was trying to get across; in regards to "Crimson Platinums", if you will.

I agree with you in terms of disagreeing with the idea of 16's Platinums getting trashed - it's really not a bad route! I'm a bit confused as to why it gets such a bad wrap.

From previous Platinum deliveries, I'll be one to admit that I argued the "brand dilution" case. It seemed like a stable argument, until you take a step back and realise that there's still a large chunk of modern standard-spec/compliant vehicles - purchased in very recent years, might I add. ;)

The 5 Streetdecks were delivered in 2016, but that does seem to be the last of the Crimson vehicles.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: CL on May 04, 2019, 01:32:04 PM
From previous Platinum deliveries, I'll be one to admit that I argued the "brand dilution" case. It seemed like a stable argument, until you take a step back and realise that there's still a large chunk of modern standard-spec/compliant vehicles - purchased in very recent years, might I add. ;)
Also with the platinum brand it is probably a bit more noticeable the service has been upgraded. Than if they were in the same livery as the existing vehicles. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on May 04, 2019, 02:24:15 PM
Also with the platinum brand it is probably a bit more noticeable the service has been upgraded. Than if they were in the same livery as the existing vehicles.

This is all kinda beside the point. The reason that a lot of people, passengers and enthusiasts alike, feel the Platinum brand has been devalued is because originally it was a distinguishing feature of the express buses. Be it intentional or not, that was what people saw. So now it feels like those "premium" services aren't so premium anymore.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on May 04, 2019, 02:48:14 PM
This is all kinda beside the point. The reason that a lot of people, passengers and enthusiasts alike, feel the Platinum brand has been devalued is because originally it was a distinguishing feature of the express buses. Be it intentional or not, that was what people saw. So now it feels like those "premium" services aren't so premium anymore.
Not really.
How do you know the passengers feel that way? I've never heard a single person say that ever. Only comments I've heard are that people prefer the platinum bus over the standard bus. I think most would rather a platinum bus to be honest, so I've no idea where you've got that assumption from. Though any bus is better than no bus.

I don't see any reason why it should only be for express services. To be quite honest just because someone uses the X12 doesn't mean they are on the bus for any longer than a passenger on the 23. And some of the express routes, over some sections aren't really express at all over sections like the X12 between Chelmsley and Solihull and Its actually quicker to take the 72 from Solihull to Chelmsley than the X12.

If you take a look at lots of routes, there are still hundreds of standard vehicles still in service.

The average passenger wouldn't go travelling and looking round the network to see what is used on other routes only on whatever route/routes they use.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

B.C Driver

I'd rather see Crimson buses with Wifi and USBs etc, it's a much nicer colour.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on May 04, 2019, 02:52:51 PM
Not really.
How do you know the passengers feel that way??? I've never heard a single person say that ever. Only comments I've heard are that people prefer the platinum bus over the standard bus. I think most would rather a platinum bus to be honest, so I've no idea where you've got that assumption from. Though any bus is better than no bus.

Not an assumption. I don't claim to know what every passenger thinks, I just said that there are people that think that. That is a fact. I accept there are people that also don't think that, because that is also a fact.

Quote from: 2206 on May 04, 2019, 02:52:51 PM
I don't see any reason why it should only be for express services. To be quite honest just because someone uses the X12 doesn't mean they are on the bus for any longer than a passenger on the 23. And some of the express routes, over some sections aren't really express at all over sections like the X12 between Chelmsley and Solihull and Its actually quicker to take the 72 from Solihull to Chelmsley than the X12.

I said "originally". So referring to the X51, X1/2, 934/5/6. The people I mention above are, strangely enough, passengers on those routes.

It's not the features of the new buses that I'm even on about, it's the brand. New buses these days are pretty much expected to have USB, WiFi. But the Platinum colours was, at the start, seen as that of the Express routes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk