News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on January 27, 2019, 08:28:54 PM
764-71
Does it interwork with the 96 on Sunday nights?
I know the 96 uses them on Sundays. And the timetable seems to show it does?
Do the E200 off the 96, go onto the 71? Or do different buses come out in the evening @John?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4609

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on January 27, 2019, 08:28:54 PM
764-71

Considering you based this off a photo posted on Facebook, you asked on that post if it was unusual, to which the answer is no (on a Sunday night).

John

Quote from: 2206 on January 27, 2019, 08:45:11 PM
Does it interwork with the 96 on Sunday nights?
I know the 96 uses them on Sundays. And the timetable seems to show it does?
Do the E200 off the 96, go onto the 71? Or do different buses come out in the evening @John?
71s all come out of garage on a Sunday evening. 2 running boards only do one trip then back to garage. The night boards do journeys on both the 96 and 71. All 96 boards are back in garage by 7.30pm

SK68MEV

Will 4497 ever be in service again as it has had a serious rtc on the 16
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: SK68MEV on January 28, 2019, 05:15:17 PM
Will 4497 ever be in service again as it has had a serious rtc on the 16
It should be reparable but who knows if it will last

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on January 28, 2019, 05:38:47 PM
It should be reparable but who knows if it will last

Out of interest how do you know that? How do you know NX will decide to repair it and what the extent of the damage to the bus is?
And what do you mean by "who knows if it will last"??? I can't see them repairing it to take it out of service a short while later.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on January 28, 2019, 06:02:51 PM
Out of interest how do you know that? How do you know NX will decide to repair it and what the extent of the damage to the bus is?
And what do you mean by "who knows if it will last"???
They probably won't, knowing NX, it still being Euro 6 still won't make them want to pay for it, just look at 4391, a Euro 6 Trident and the didn't want to pay for repairs.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on January 28, 2019, 06:05:26 PM
They probably won't, knowing NX, it still being Euro 6 still won't make them want to pay for it, just look at 4391, a Euro 6 Trident and the didn't want to pay for repairs.

It will all depend on what the estimated cost of repair would be, compared with the value of the bus, and the value of a brand new bus.

Imagine a situation where you bought a kettle for £25 five years ago, and it has just packed up. You can either pay £20 to get it repaired, or pay £30 for a brand new one, what would you do?

But then equally, if your kettle could be repaired for £5, would you be more likely to get it repaired and get a few more years of use out of it? If you're flush with cash, you might think 'sod it' and buy a new one anyway, but if you're strapped for cash, paying for the repair is a better option.

It's all relative, making assumptions based on your perception "knowing NX" is a bit wrong. How well do you 'know NX'? Look at how badly damaged that Gemini was, that was involved in that collision in Kings Heath a couple of years ago now, that one was salvaged and repaired, albeit for use as a trainer vehicle, and I bet the repairs weren't cheap, but they obviously felt it was worth doing.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 28, 2019, 06:18:11 PM
It will all depend on what the estimated cost of repair would be, compared with the value of the bus, and the value of a brand new bus.

Imagine a situation where you bought a kettle for £25 five years ago, and it has just packed up. You can either pay £20 to get it repaired, or pay £30 for a brand new one, what would you do?

But then equally, if your kettle could be repaired for £5, would you be more likely to get it repaired and get a few more years of use out of it? If you're flush with cash, you might think 'sod it' and buy a new one anyway, but if you're strapped for cash, paying for the repair is a better option.

It's all relative, making assumptions based on your perception "knowing NX" is a bit wrong. How well do you 'know NX'? Look at how badly damaged that Gemini was, that was involved in that collision in Kings Heath a couple of years ago now, that one was salvaged and repaired, albeit for use as a trainer vehicle, and I bet the repairs weren't cheap, but they obviously felt it was worth doing.

If it was the car driver's fault, then it will be up to their insurance company, as they will be the ones that have to pay. If they do write it off NX could still buy it back and repair it. The bus is still worth well into 5 figures + the cost of the exhaust mods, so it will take a fair bit of damage to write it off.

1871 is another PB bus to suffer extreme damage due to a third party which has bent the chassis. It is currently at BC to have the engine removed before going back to Carlyle to have the chassis straightened Not a cheap or easy job

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2019, 06:23:31 PM
If it was the car driver's fault, then it will be up to their insurance company, as they will be the ones that have to pay. If they do write it off NX could still buy it back and repair it. The bus is still worth well into 5 figures + the cost of the exhaust mods, so it will take a fair bit of damage to write it off.

1871 is another PB bus to suffer extreme damage due to a third party which has bent the chassis. It is currently at BC to have the engine removed before going back to Carlyle to have the chassis straightened Not a cheap or easy job
Hence all of the loans then @Tony

monkeyjoe

They want to get rid of the perry Barr flyover, ha ha yeah right like that will work. Who is for the plans then ?

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

I take it with Perry Barr depot having to move the houses in front will also have to go for the village

Ginger66

Quote from: Solo1 on February 09, 2019, 07:19:23 PM
I take it with Perry Barr depot having to move the houses in front will also have to go for the village

I thought the houses was staying but perry barr wont be the same anymore.

Rob H

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk