News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Tony on November 14, 2018, 10:24:01 PM
That would be a photo of it working the Cap Gemini service then
What is that by any chance

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 14, 2018, 10:29:35 PM
What is that by any chance
External shuttle service for employees at Cap Gemini in Aston - Not Available to the General Public.
Operating between Cap Gemini, Aston and Birmingham City Centre.
The E200 SWB is its usual allocation.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

So with the 952 going to Walsall are any other services moving out in the run up to closure etc or was that move completely unrelated to the closure. Apologies if already been explained, missed it.

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 25, 2018, 12:48:58 PM
So with the 952 going to Walsall are any other services moving out in the run up to closure etc or was that move completely unrelated to the closure. Apologies if already been explained, missed it.

Not related. Moved due to driver shortages

Westy

Is there vehicles moving from PB to WA, as it might be an idea not to use vehicles on the 952 that have 'Walsall Low Fare' branding on?

(Yes I know other vehicles from Walsall will operate into Brum with that branding on anyway, but those will operate local journeys in Walsall first, whereas the 952 vehicles don't officially operate within Walsall!))

Jack

Quote from: Westy on November 25, 2018, 09:42:08 PM
Is there vehicles moving from PB to WA, as it might be an idea not to use vehicles on the 952 that have 'Walsall Low Fare' branding on?

(Yes I know other vehicles from Walsall will operate into Brum with that branding on anyway, but those will operate local journeys in Walsall first, whereas the 952 vehicles don't officially operate within Walsall!))
1898 and 1899 have transferred to Walsall and they don't have the low fare branding.
But really I don't see much point, people hardly even look at them.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 25, 2018, 09:47:34 PM
1898 and 1899 have transferred to Walsall and they don't have the low fare branding.
But really I don't see much point, people hardly even look at them.

How do you know?

How many passenger surveys gave you done.

Surely the fact you know which ones have them proves they are noticed

The Fox 4846

4853 has its time set correctly but it's timing points timing is 7 mins ahead. For example it has arrived at Pheasey at 8:15, it is due out at 8:29. It the timing is saying early 7. The. Is was due in at 8:22. It arrived st 8:15 due it saying it was on time in Green. Very Odd:
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

monkeyjoe

Any gossip on the new location yet ?

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 17, 2018, 06:34:46 PM
Any gossip on the new location yet ?

An artists impression was posted on Facebook a couple of days ago. New location is Wellhead Lane.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Gareth on December 17, 2018, 07:46:26 PM
An artists impression was posted on Facebook a couple of days ago. New location is Wellhead Lane.

Shame to lose a historic structure but at least the move is relatively short distance. Makes you wonder how worthwhile it is for the various parties - presumably the new facility will be much improved on the existing layout...?
Don't you start.

monkeyjoe

Saw the plans for pb commonwealth village got the planning permission passed today on the news

Quote from: Gareth on December 17, 2018, 07:46:26 PM
Seen the the artist impression of a aerial view of the new PB garage on westbroms notice board ,a lot of future proofing has gone into it electrical charging points from over head gantrys etc state of art workshops etc, all looks very 21st century rather than mid  20th century.

Looks like westbrom will be getting upgrades in the future, from  that it clearly rules out moving any time soon.

DJ

I noticed while looking through my photos that 4480 has this sticker of what looks like a satellite, just above it's front fleet number. What purpose does this serve?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

markcf83

I think this is relevant to when it was new on the 33. It might be something to do with triggering traffic lights but I'm not sure about that. Others can confirm one way or another of whether I'm right or not....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk