News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on September 15, 2018, 02:03:32 PM
A garage engineer politely informed me yesterday of the new site location which did surprise me. Are we still not allowed to say? Because I believe it's pretty much confirmed

Is it hockley haha
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

monkeyjoe

Arh go on , is it nearer or further away from the city centre?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on September 15, 2018, 02:03:32 PM
A garage engineer politely informed me yesterday of the new site location which did surprise me. Are we still not allowed to say? Because I believe it's pretty much confirmed
When it was first announced the PB was to close it was suggested it would close by. I live  fairly close to PB and couldn't think of anywhere it could go !

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on September 15, 2018, 04:15:04 PM
When it was first announced the PB was to close it was suggested it would close by. I live  fairly close to PB and couldn't think of anywhere it could go !
What about that huge piece of wasteland opposite Wickes on Aldridge Road? That land is absolutely huge.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on September 15, 2018, 05:04:49 PM
What about that huge piece of wasteland opposite Wickes on Aldridge Road? That land is absolutely huge.
I asked a driver on the 907 about that land opposite Wickes and he said it wasn't big enough

John

The land opposite Wickes is a lot bigger than it looks as it goes behind the houses next to it. When you look at both the current garage and that land on Google Earth, the land is bigger than our garage now . See the attached picture, Curent garage in red at the bottom and the land opposite Wickes at the top. I have heard one of the sites rumoured but I would personally build it on this land

Nothing has been confirmed to us at the garage either

karl724223

Quote from: John on September 15, 2018, 06:25:37 PM
The land opposite Wickes is a lot bigger than it looks as it goes behind the houses next to it. When you look at both the current garage and that land on Google Earth, the land is bigger than our garage now . See the attached picture, Curent garage in red at the bottom and the land opposite Wickes at the top. I have heard one of the sites rumoured but I would personally build it on this land

Nothing has been confirmed to us at the garage either
was it not supposed to be big enough land to take Perry Barr and Birmingham central due to hs2 affecting bc?

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on September 15, 2018, 06:43:20 PM
was it not supposed to be big enough land to take Perry Barr and Birmingham central due to hs2 affecting bc?

You should know shouldn't you?

John

Quote from: karl724223 on September 15, 2018, 06:43:20 PM

I did hear that going about a while back and also another site that was going to be used, but not heard anything about it recently

Mike K

Possibly a daft question, but would there have to be a planning application, which would presumably be in the public domain, for the new garage?

The Fox 4846

I'm not sure if it's officially confirmed but the guy was definently adamant that what he told me is going to happen. It's still going to be Wellhead lane if he's right
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

monkeyjoe

I did try and look on the council site and didn't see any planning applications

Lukeee

There's new units been built on the hub, witton. Not sure if they would be big enough to accommodate all of PBs fleet however

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Lukeee on September 17, 2018, 09:43:22 AM
There's new units been built on the hub, witton. Not sure if they would be big enough to accommodate all of PBs fleet however

Excuse my ignorance is the hub a totally different location and what's located there at the moment ?

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 17, 2018, 12:55:25 PM
Excuse my ignorance is the hub a totally different location and what's located there at the moment ?

The Hub is pretty much the area all behind the current garage, that and the new Wholesale Markets take up the site of the old chemical works between the railway line, Wellhead Lane and Witton Lane
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk