News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Kevin on April 26, 2018, 05:46:48 PM
Interesting, been banned from Rocky Lane now?

Rocky Lane was never the dead route to start service. it was down to the drivers choice that they used Rocky Lane. Some might still use it, don't think they are banned from it. I wouldn't do down there in a bus, it's hard enough in the car sometimes

Jack

Quote from: John on April 26, 2018, 05:54:00 PM
Rocky Lane was never the dead route to start service. it was down to the drivers choice that they used Rocky Lane. Some might still use it, don't think they are banned from it. I wouldn't do down there in a bus, it's hard enough in the car sometimes
Rocky Lane could do with a better bus service tbf, the 424 isn't the greatest, but as you say the road can be tight at times.

Steveminor

I would seriously doubt there would be enough passengers on rocky lane to sustain a commercial route without subsidy even the hourly 424 wouldn't survive.

Jack

7021 is out on the 952 displaying 52, well done PB...

sonic84

Quote from: 37351ml on April 24, 2018, 10:27:43 PM
Why has the 16a service been reduced to just one service each way a day (04.25 Scott arms to city which is too early to be of any use to anyone) and a midnight departure from city. It means there is no direct  link from Scott arms to hockley/ jewellery quarter any longer. It means a trek now along the newton road to catch the x51. Surely a couple of peak time services could have been retained for commuters and school kids.

The 16a was very quietly reduced with no mention on the website or the network West Midlands service changes.

In fact quite a few changes don't seem to be appearing on the NWM weekly email.

37351ml

Kept so quiet in fact that I waited at the stop 2 days running for my regular 16a only to see e400s going past not in service, then I checked the timetable and saw why....

John

Quote from: Jack on April 25, 2018, 06:48:03 PM
That's an error then, it doesn't stop there inbound!

Re Monsal Road stop. So you are also saying our ticket machines are also wrong, as the stop, named Thornbridge Ave, between Longstone Rd and Great Barr baths is listed inbound. The bus stop has not had the number put on in error, there was another stop on Booths Farm Road that had it omitted, but has since had it added. Drivers have took the removal of the number as not stopping there

Jack

Quote from: John on April 29, 2018, 11:59:43 AM
Re Monsal Road stop. So you are also saying our ticket machines are also wrong, as the stop, named Thornbridge Ave, between Longstone Rd and Great Barr baths is listed inbound. The bus stop has not had the number put on in error, there was another stop on Booths Farm Road that had it omitted, but has since had it added. Drivers have took the removal of the number as not stopping there
Well some drivers stop there and some don't, if they are stopping there then TfWM are too blame. I knew something was not right when I noticed it at first.

Tony

4289 now back at PB freshly painted in red/white

Jack

Quote from: Jack on April 27, 2018, 03:25:50 PM
7021 is out on the 952 displaying 52, well done PB...

7030 out displaying 52 today too.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on April 30, 2018, 03:20:06 PM
7030 out displaying 52 today too.
4849 on way to City at Perry Barr dogs at about 4.45pm displaying 52A !

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 30, 2018, 05:26:03 PM
4849 on way to City at Perry Barr dogs at about 4.45pm displaying 52A !
I know, saw it leave Hassop Road with 52 up. Abit naughty that the displays still haven't all been updated.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on April 30, 2018, 06:39:16 PM
I know, saw it leave Hassop Road with 52 up. Abit naughty that the displays still haven't all been updated.
I'm just wondering if the 952's introduction was rushed ?

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 30, 2018, 07:12:21 PM
I'm just wondering if the 952's introduction was rushed ?
And me. Still nice seeing buses displaying 52 though.

John

Not rushed at all. All it is, is drivers not getting the Hannover updated before leaving garage in the morning. They are not checking that 952 is on there. I for one always check it, even though 67 is always on there just st to make sure the 3 displays work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk