News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

37351ml

Why has the 16a service been reduced to just one service each way a day (04.25 Scott arms to city which is too early to be of any use to anyone) and a midnight departure from city. It means there is no direct  link from Scott arms to hockley/ jewellery quarter any longer. It means a trek now along the newton road to catch the x51. Surely a couple of peak time services could have been retained for commuters and school kids.

Jack

Quote from: John on April 24, 2018, 10:26:18 PM
It does stop at Monsal Road in both directions
Outbound it does, inbound it doesn't and it shouldn't be stopping there inbound, a few people have told me this and seen it for myself. Probably because the Swimming Baths Stop is a short walk away.
The flag and timetable says nothing about the 952. A driver I asked earlier said it doesn't stop there inbound.

Kevin

Quote from: 37351ml on April 24, 2018, 10:27:43 PM
Why has the 16a service been reduced to just one service each way a day (04.25 Scott arms to city which is too early to be of any use to anyone) and a midnight departure from city. It means there is no direct  link from Scott arms to hockley/ jewellery quarter any longer. It means a trek now along the newton road to catch the x51. Surely a couple of peak time services could have been retained for commuters and school kids.

Haven't noticed this change, but in all honesty I'm not surprised.
A few times I've caught the 16A of an evening back home to Scott Arms and been the only person on board after Hamstead Village. I do feel if buses ran on the old 16A route straight up the Old Walsall Road it'd be used more, but my opinion as a passenger is irrelevant...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on April 24, 2018, 10:48:54 PM
Haven't noticed this change, but in all honesty I'm not surprised.
A few times I've caught the 16A of an evening back home to Scott Arms and been the only person on board after Hamstead Village. I do feel if buses ran on the old 16A route straight up the Old Walsall Road it'd be used more, but my opinion as a passenger is irrelevant...
How come the 16A going up Old Walsall Road never worked? It was a more suitable route than going past Green Lane onto Newton Road.

John

Quote from: Jack on April 24, 2018, 10:34:25 PM
Outbound it does, inbound it doesn't and it shouldn't be stopping there inbound, a few people have told me this and seen it for myself. Probably because the Swimming Baths Stop is a short walk away.
The flag and timetable says nothing about the 952. A driver I asked earlier said it doesn't stop there inbound.

The map I've seen seen on a flier advertising the change on my bus this morning says it does.

Jack

Quote from: John on April 24, 2018, 10:57:28 PM
The map I've seen seen on a flier advertising the change on my bus this morning says it does.
That's what it may say on paper, but in reality it doesn't...

John

Quote from: Jack on April 25, 2018, 07:26:59 AM
That's what it may say on paper, but in reality it doesn't...

Network West Midlands webgsite says it stops there too

Kevin

Quote from: Jack on April 24, 2018, 10:51:33 PM
How come the 16A going up Old Walsall Road never worked? It was a more suitable route than going past Green Lane onto Newton Road.

No idea to be honest, 16s in general never seemed that full beyond the village so it struck me as a bit strange when the 16A originally started going that way. There's always been a market for passengers doing that stretch but mostly you see them changing off the 16 onto the 46 and vice versa

monkeyjoe

That's a bit crafty and sneaky of them no mention on the nx site has the evening service been reduced to 30 mins as well or was it always that.

I always that the 16a were just garage positioning journeys anyway.

Jack

Quote from: John on April 25, 2018, 09:34:39 AM
Network West Midlands webgsite says it stops there too
That's an error then, it doesn't stop there inbound!

Quote from: Kevin on April 25, 2018, 01:31:49 PM
No idea to be honest, 16s in general never seemed that full beyond the village so it struck me as a bit strange when the 16A originally started going that way. There's always been a market for passengers doing that stretch but mostly you see them changing off the 16 onto the 46 and vice versa
What about sending it up Spouthouse Lane? Lol, would be fun seeing Deckers going up there, but probably would easily get stuck.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 25, 2018, 06:43:11 PM
That's a bit crafty and sneaky of them no mention on the nx site has the evening service been reduced to 30 mins as well or was it always that.

This timetable from September 2012 shows the evening frequency was every 30 minutes.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 25, 2018, 06:43:11 PM

Evenings have been every 30 for a while. Most routes are tbh

Still seeing 16 branded vehicles at Scott Arms though, this morning saw 2 not in service heading up Walsall Road but beyond the turn for Rocky Lane to get to Hamstead so don't know where they were going if not to start 16A's

John

Quote from: Kevin on April 26, 2018, 07:56:11 AM
Evenings have been every 30 for a while. Most routes are tbh

Still seeing 16 branded vehicles at Scott Arms though, this morning saw 2 not in service heading up Walsall Road but beyond the turn for Rocky Lane to get to Hamstead so don't know where they were going if not to start 16A's

That is the dead route to Hamstead. Using the 16A route, only the first journey of the day inbound and last outbound are 16As now

CL

The *new* driver of a Handsworth-bound 4825 (101) went the wrong way this afternoon; anecdote courtesy of my brother who was on that bus, and snapped a photo of the predicament.

As mentioned, the driver went the wrong way; instead of turning onto All Saints Street from Pitsford Street, he continued onto Crabtree Road, before pulling off a three-point turn on Paddocks Green.

I'll admit, it's not the best photo in the world; but I'm grateful for it nonetheless.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: John on April 26, 2018, 10:11:47 AM
That is the dead route to Hamstead. Using the 16A route, only the first journey of the day inbound and last outbound are 16As now

Interesting, been banned from Rocky Lane now?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk